Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Mind Dump

  1. For those of you that voted on my new Road Bike…yep, Titanium was the big winner.  It was going to be metal, there was no question there.  Hopefully, this bike will have a better shelf life than carbon fiber.  …and NO I’m NOT a hater, I still have a carbon fiber TT bike but I can bet you $ that my next one will be metal, of some kind.  It’s just a camera phone picture but it’s a Lynskey, hand made in Tennessee, of all places.  It’s saaaweeet and lighter than my carbon Bianchi so that does not suck either.  I was able to use all my components except for a few.  I’m a Campy girl so it’s a Lynskey with Campognolo Centaur components.  I’m doing something to support the Italian economy! This has my training wheels on it so I’m sure to gain a little more when I go for the real test with my race wheels.Lynskey
  2. Never underestimate the power of  poo.  This is Power of Poo part Deux, for all my Canadian friends.  Last year I highlighted run splits pre and post poo to show the ‘scientific’ analysis of how it can help your run splits.  Well, I can tell you this, it still holds true.  Did a bike/run brick on Wednesday with a bad gut, could not run, actually had to walk a few steps because I was certain that I was dehydrated or dying.  A poop didn’t occur to  me, it was 5:00pm and I’m a morning pooper.  Holy crap, literally. 
  3. Is there anything more a triathlete likes to talk about than poop, farts or the virtues of how to pee while riding a bike?
  4. I still can’t pee while riding a bike. 
  5. I need to read my training schedule a little closer, last weekend I did 12 hill repeats instead of six.  I think I’m still feeling the affects.
  6. It will only make me stronger…or kill me.  Right now, it might kill me.
  7. Are ‘Christians’ the only one’s that put up road side memorials?  I’ve never understood them or the car memorial that someone has on their back windshield.  I feel like my mom went long before her time but???  She’d kick my ass if I put her name and ‘years’ on my car window.  C.L.A.S.S.Y.
  8. Thanks to all for their input on my bike situation.  The only problem was time, I didn’t have any.  This is still an excellent choice regardless.
  9. Yep, STILL Cute….

IMG_1106

25 comments:

Bill said...

Sweet new ride! As you can see, I'm up early too. I'm still on Paris time. A good time to catch up on the blogs I've missed.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Nice bike, looks like it is good for 1 mph more speed...
I'm up early too...not, just a normal day working for the "man"

Big Daddy Diesel said...

It is pretty, thats for sure.

I cant pee on the bike either.

Chloe said...

Congrats on the new ride! And I stress out when I go out for a long workout and have not done 'the deed' in the little girls room. "Great, I'll have to go out in the country somewhere". Ugh.

There are a hand full of people in good old PCB who have the Michael Jackson shrine stuck on their car. Give me a break people.

FLATOUT JIM said...

Sweet. Now get on your bike and RIDE!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Nice wheels!! Never tried to pee on a bike, not sure if I could though ;) And yes, still very cute! Happy weekend!!

TRI-james said...

Morning pooper here!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Not sure why I would want to pee on my bike.... I like it!

Amanda said...

Bike is beautiful!
As for peeing on it, you gotta be coasting, no spinning the legs, so on a downhill....lift your rear a little, take a deep breath and relax, upper body and all. it'll flow. better to go early and often than spray out a long stream. good luck.

Dave said...

The set of wheels is SWEET!!!...I really am going to get a bike this year...REALLY...I have talked about it long enough...

Beth said...

Nice wheels!

And boy, do I hope I'm not behind Amanda during a race!!! The visual is cracking me up! Too funny!

Wes said...

last weekend I did 12 hill repeats instead of six.

{jaw hanging open}

Nice ride! I say ride what makes you happy :-) It is all about the engine! Yea, I had to stop in the middle of my long run and poop Wednesday. I did have Mexican before I ran, and afterwards? I was a new man! Who knew?

Yup. Still cute :-)

Tri Mommy said...

I can't pee on the bike either. Heck, I washed it down after getting some snot on it from a snot rocket carried by the wind. Pee on it? Nope, not me.

Pretty bike, btw.

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Congrats on a new bike..it looks awesome!

I can't pee on the bike either, nor do I really want to. I'm not winning any awards out there, so I don't feel like I need to pee myself to save time. It's just seems gross to me!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Nice ride and Tennesse made - that is kewl! I haven't ever thought to pee on the bike. Haven't needed to.. YET.... hmmm I did pee in my wetsuit once while running into transition YUCK!! It didn't want to happen while I was in the river! Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do!

Tummy rubs to the pups!

Blackdog said...

I get off the bike. When I was about 21 years old going to the U of Arizona I tried it in a group ride with a bunch of knuckle head guys. I twisted, lifted the right side of my shorts and let loose. Careful not to pee on myself. I looked at what I was doing and the bike moved to the right and I hit the dirt and ended up on my ass in the cactus and I peed all over myself. Once was enough. I get off and pee now.

Al's CL Reviews said...

pretty bike.

I never even tried to pee on a bike.

I get the roadside memorial more than the car sticker, although I don't really get either.

Cute Gunnar pic!

kristen said...

She's a beauty!

Morning pooper here too. Occasionally, one will sneak up on my in an evening workouts. Not cool.

yep, still cute!

I can't even pee while swimming. I have to wait until I'm resting. I can't imagine ever being able to do it on a run or bike.

I can kinda understand the roadside memorials...assuming they got into a car accident. Plus it helps remind people that they are driving a deadly weapon so they should get off the fucking phone and drive. Would I ever do it? I hope to never find out! The car decals. I don't get that one either.

Julie said...

Peeing on the bike is a hard thing to do --- the first time I did it (during my first IM) my body just refused to do it. It took a total concentration of will power to FORCE it out. And even then, my bladder kept suctioning shut from years of holding my pee until I found a toilet.

LOL!!!!

Judi said...

NICE. titanium. seriosuly sweet. we have the same taste.

you should ride steel. lugged steel. old school. we have an old peugeot frame we're trying to sell.

MCM Mama said...

The bike is lovely and the pup is cute. I think I need to start studying "bikese" if I'm going to read your blog. ;o)

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Lovely bike and titanium is bomb proof pretty much. Hope to see it at the 3S3M challenge! I'm also hoping to win the Carbon Litespeed frame they are giving away (fingers crossed).

I vow to never pee on my bike...hell, i can't even pee in the water. I have pee phobia.

Aka Alice said...

I'm trying to imagine peeing on a bike...just can't imagine being able to relax enough (as Amanda suggested) to be successful...of course this is from the woman who wouldn't pee in a snow drift either, so what do I know?

Sweet ride! After pooping, I'll bet you go really fast!

Jeff - DangleTheCarrot said...

Very sexy ride and I love to talk about poop and farts.

Sherry said...

Congrats on the new ride!

I'll chat pee and poo with you any day of the week!

Yep, it IS still cute!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!