Monday, March 1, 2010

Back to Basics - Part 2

Here is Part 1, in case you missed it. Back to Basics Part 2 - I made my own 'Bumble Bars' and larabars. I'm telling you, they're the bomb. Thanks to the peeps that posted those recipes. I made the basic bumble bar recipe and larabar recipe with the dried cherries. Both taste just like the store bought at a fraction of the price. I love them, but they're so expensive. In my quest for natural and easily palatable goodness while working out, I will try the homemade bumble bars, larabars and coconut water. We'll see how I fare. As long as it doesn't become a fart festival with all that fruit and nuts....

Recovery week was just that - full of recovery and good times. I feel rested and ready to go. It's funny, I feel like my body is so accustomed to this cycle - three weeks on, one week recovery - that I could tell you it was 'time' even without a calendar. I'm like that with my taper too. I know when it's time. The time to taper, for me, is when I start breaking down into tears and don't care if I never race again. It's when I'm spent physically and emotionally. When I start crying, my coach knows it's time for me to taper. It's not just a a tired, worn out cry either, it's a - I'm DONE with it cry.

And in dog news...it looks like...Roland will be here around Easter. If everything goes as planned during our visit in two weeks, the little guy will come home with us around Easter/Wedding Anniversary. We think 'Grandma' would approve...

15 comments:

San said...

I guess this is the grandma in the picture?!

Selfmade bumblebars sound fantastic.

Glad you feel rested.

Have a good start in the new week.

Dave said...

Good for Magnus....he needs a partner in crime

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

There is Nothing quite like the traditional Easter Dog....

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I need to learn how to make Larabars, buying them is too expensive.

Carly said...

How exciting that you are getting a new pup! Can't wait to see photos.


I am glad you had a great recovery week.

skierz said...

look forward to hearing how those bars workout? anything natural has to be better. How is teb coconut water and apricot expirement? Putting together your Canada package for you. Will let you now soon! Cheers

kristen said...

Awww. a new pup!!!!

Larabar recipie. THANK-YOU.

Velma said...

New puppy - yea! The homemade bars are fantastic!

Wes said...

fart festival? You should ride in my SUV with my sons...

Julie said...

I make homemade larabars too -- they are so freaking easy and cheap to do, eh? :) :) :)

But the Bumblebar ones, I've never made --- I have to look that one up! Thanks for posting this. :)

And a new pup! YAY!!!

Carolina John said...

recovery weeks are awesome. yes. and it's good that you know how to listen to your body so well. some of us are still figuring that out.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Roland is one lucky dog to get you as parents.

I have to try the bumblebars.

MCM Mama said...

I'll have to try those bars!

Hope we get to meet you and your new pup when we are nearby.

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

YIPPEE Puppy Belly! and Puppy Feet!

Runner Leana said...

Thanks for the link to the homemade larabars. I love them, but they are so expensive. I'll have to give this recipe a whirl!

And yay for new puppy Roland! I am so excited for you guys. I am sure you will love having a puppy in the house to terrorize Magnus!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!