Friday, January 22, 2010

Tag You're IT! and ramblings

Thanks to Keith, I have to come up with 10 simple things that make me happy. I'm not going to go with the standard - hubs, dad, dog, friends - they are not simple and they most certainly make me happy. Hell, they are what make me who I am today. I'm going with simple joys ...


  1. Clean sheet day + lots of fabric softener + freshly shaven legs - oohh lala, feels sooo nice!
  2. When someone falls...I know they can really hurt themselves but when someone falls (unless it's Grandma) it's funny.
  3. Making the next swim interval down from your usual pace - breakthrough.
  4. Keeping up with the boys on a bike.
  5. An extra large pizza (OR Mexican food) and pitcher of beer after keeping up with the boys on a bike.
  6. A perfect fitting bra, just a regular every day bra that does not pinch, pick, slide or poke. Still rare these days and I don't even have big boobies.
  7. Putting on my winter jacket and finding cash in the pocket.
  8. Finding out that the coffee pot has been cleaned and not fermenting yesterday's brew.
  9. Making other people laugh, in particular, if I can make them snort or spit their drink...that makes me very happy.
  10. Monkeys, anything with a monkey in it makes me laugh or smile, a commercial an ad, anything. Monkeys, final answer.

So that's my list of some simple things that bring me joy! In workout news...

  • Did my hill repeats after the storm blew through - makes for wet feet. Whateves, book it, done.
  • By the time you read this, I'll be in the pool.
  • Instead of happy hour tonite, I'll be on a bike trainer, yep, bike trainer. Just running out of time this week so Friday nite it is.
  • Saturday/Sunday - trainer, long run and lift....and that's a wrap of week three.
  • It IS a great feeling when your fitness starts to come around again. I can feel it.

19 comments:

Carly said...

Love your list. Hmmmm you would be laughing at me all the time because I am a KLUTZ!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Love your list!!

You sure love doing repeats in the rain, I remember last time it was in the rain as well.

I am with you tonight, friday night trainer ride.

San said...

No. 1 agreed
No. 3 my big dream never happened so far, running, cycling or swimming. And it doesn't matter if it's the boys or the girls.
No. 6 Oh, yes took me ages to find a brand which accomplished this. It's Passionata for me. Too bad they're so expensive.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Love your list!!!! Um ya, I laugh at people falling too!!! Ooops

Amanda said...

Love de list. (my word verification is "delist").
Clean sheets are amazing. I get really excited about them. With soft clean legs? even better. Good call.

yum. mexican food.

and i swear, target has great bras.

Blondie said...

I think you should fish up your trainer ride early and come play laser tag!!!!

Amber Dawn said...

haha! your blog makes me laugh to the point of snorting all the time.

Keith said...

Yay for #5. And number 10 nearly made me spit up on my computer. Given how strong those little critters are, *I* wouldn't be standing next to it while it was getting scared to death. The simple joys are the best kind.

MCM Mama said...

Great list! You have made me nearly spit coffee on my computer more than once, You're welcome.

Dave said...

Good list...dig fresh sheets...but don't shave my legs...although Bryan Ironman Bennet has dared me too.

Wes said...

My adorable sis told me she leaves her coffee in the pot for days, and then heats it up and drinks it. Ewwwwww... I thought it best not to ask her if she's seen what grows in coffee pots. ROFLMAO!!!

skierz said...

love the list! as a skier with a significant collection of jackets, I cna relate the the money found. I thkink I have come to the poiint where I purposely leave various amounts in packets so each jacket is like winning a lottery! jjust never know when I will hit the big one! Happy training, sounds ;like it is going strong! CHeers

ShirleyPerly said...

Like the list, esp. #7! In fact, found an extra $20 bill recently.

Happy workout weekend!

Jo Lynn said...

Magnus looks a little peeved still, about his eye.

I LMAO at the monkey caption.

Runner Leana said...

Love your list! Between you and Keith how am I supposed to top that? That poor monkey!!!

Carolina John said...

i like to make people piss themselves from laughing so hard. that's when i know i've done my job right.

Mike Russell said...

Trading in happy hour for a trainer session? I am impressed! That is dedication!

kristen said...

It nice when your body starts to come toghether! That's your #11.

I love #1. Nothling the feeling of *anything* touching your legs for the following hours post shave. So good.

p.s. what the fuck *is* that thing and mutated walrus?

mmbaker said...

washed my sheets and shaved my legs...can't wait to go to bed!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!