Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let's be clear...

Let us be clear about that little race schedule I posted the other day...

I will not 'race' all of them, hell, I won't race most of them. There will be no taper and no recovery and I may have to ride my bike to or at some of those half mary's. So, as far as race targets - to live to see another day and success at Triple T. Just like an "Ironman Year" this is my Triple T year and all else is incidental, part of the 'plan.'

But one good thing has happened from me opening up my big mouth...some blogger peeps are going to come run the Oak Barrel Half Marathon. Jack Daniels is the sponsor and the 'medals' are made from old barrels of JD. How cool is that!? Bring it on, the more the merrier and save me some Jack at the finish line. I won't be setting any records, no doubt.

It's good to be back on the wagon and tough all at the same time. Nothing like increasing your mileage in all three sports by 100%. Crap, the first week, I thought it might kill me. Last week, much better. This is not a regimen that I would recommend to anyone but my base was still in tact from last year so it hasn't been too bad.

Although, last Saturday at a party, I said to hubs - I think I broke my ass today! He said - your coccyx? (Because we just like to say coccyx). No, not my coccyx, just my ass, like there's another crack in it. How far did you run today? - nine miles. You better stretch that out. ...at which point I got down on the ground to stretch and felt 100x better. Thankfully, I have friends that understand and don't ask questions.

21 comments:

Diana said...

The fact that you stated "I'm back on the wagon" and the fact that you're running a race sponsored by Jack Daniels cracked me up!!
Jeff wants me to run that race just for the "barrel" medal.....family support is so special isn't it??!!!!

Dave said...

thanks for the laugh...you and Ryan cracking me up...

Chloe said...

I'm going to have to stand by you on your love for Jack Daniels - to all of those bloggers out there - when I met Missy at IronGirl last year, she gave me a bottle :) Love it!

Bummer that Gulf Coast is not on your list - but I know how much of a haul it is from up there to down here!

FLATOUT JIM said...

Yeah not going to race. Just granny trot your way around the course huggin and high fiving the volunteers.

Medals made from a JD Barrel sounds pretty cool. That's one medal my 9 year old wouldn't be getting his hands on.

Jason Andrew Mellet said...

3 cheers for jack daniels...wow, its been a little while since ive had one. thanks for the laugh, another crack, that was pretty funny.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That is a cool medal!! Is there free JD at the race?

Amanda said...

someone once told me that alcohol helps flush out the lactic acid in muscles. too bad jack would also flush my stomach and colon.

this is the year of TTT. Love it!

RBR said...

Your race schedule looks great! Wish I was closer. I would love to race with you....errrmmm... I mean, have you 'wait an inordinately long time for me' someday!

I broke my ass too! What a coincidence!

Sadly, mine was not on my run, but on an indoor bike. Bikes should not be indoors in my wimpy-ass Californian opinion.

Carolina John said...

stretching out the piriformis at parties is always a favorite. the fact that nobody thought it was odd just shows you hang out with cool people.

i wish i could do the rev3 knoxville and the 3 mountains 3 states ride. those both look awesome. but my may was booked up by the wife with no travel allowance. it sucks being a eunich sometimes.

Velma said...

I always run for booze, but Jack Daniels would be even better! Be careful with your butt!

Jon Gilchrist said...

U know...I haven't developed a "taste" for Jack. but Makers and Knob Creek? WOOHOO...

The Triple T is the focus yeah. U are a beast..I love it.

Mike Russell said...

Another crack in your ass? That is classic.

Wes said...

LOL... you said coccyx... Yea, I learned early on with Liz not to get too excited about B and C races...

MCM Mama said...

Well, good, you may not have to wait too long for me at the end LOL!

Glad your ass felt better after stretching.

Runner Leana said...

Medals made out of old barrels of JD? I wish I lived closer cuz I would so come run that race!!

Judi said...

cocyx?

skierz said...

once again your post made me smile! actually laugh my ass off! Hope your coccyx is better! Hope you are having fun as you being your quest! BTW, skiing is great cross training! Cheers

Keith said...

While *you* might not be "racing" them, I'm sure your times will be something most of us would be happy to have "racing" it. The other things I know for sure is that you're going to have a lot of fun, you're going to tell us all about it, and there will be a photo of you in the singlet showing off your ripped abs.

Jo Lynn said...

Yes, not everyone could just jump right into the training you do. Only studs like YOU (and maybe me). LOL ;)

Alisa said...

Jack Daniel's sponsored race, that sounds interesting!

My body doesn't like going 0-10000000 workouts, I have to build. You're lucky your body isn't revolting too much.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

funny about the ass conversation, and sounds like a very cool medal!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!