Monday, January 4, 2010

Do you care, really?

I don't know if you really care BUT it's my blog and I'll do what I want! I'm thrilled that 2009 is over. It was too much of a roller coaster for me. I just like things 'even' and mostly boring, perfectly happy with that. I guess I haven't really closed out 2009 yet. To me, Sunday is the last day of 2009 since Monday starts my training plan in earnest...and I go back to work.

12 Challenges for 2009
If you recall, I was going to do 12 different things for a week or so to see what would 'stick.' I did not finish them all. I never went alcohol free for a week, oops. I know where my priorities are and that was just a dumb idea. C'mon, what else are you going to have with spaghetti or steak!? Walk the dogs every day...didn't happen. Does it count that I lost my old girl:(? She couldn't walk, no way. Maybe at the start of 2009 but certainly not as the year went on. I didn't learn three survival skills but I did watch Man vs. Wild when I was sick, that totally counts. I did NOT run a 1:45 half marathon...I didn't run any half marathon last year, actually. Meh, running is overrated. I only like to run after swimming and cycling anyway.

So there it is. I did PR at the half iron distance and took home a prize. Honestly, that was the highlight. Most everything else was a lowlight in 2009. I don't have any resolutions that I'm going to make because the #1 is going to be just to finish Triple T in one piece. Honestly, I'm not 'just a finish' kind of girl but I am this time. I don't know what to expect or how I'm going to feel. Training is going to be interesting fo sho...I just got my training schedule. There's about six weeks in there where there are 13 workouts a week. Um, yeah, I know there's only seven days in a week PLUS this little thing called work (to date 10 wo's/week has been my upper limit). Holy crap. It scares me, truly.

Oh, I know, I DO have one resolution...to wear the stooopid race issued Triple T singlet with pride and not have my soft gooey center oozing out the bottom. NO one wants to see that. I have a question, though - how ripe is that singlet going to be? I mean, four races, three days and one top? I don't care how many times you rinse it in the hotel sink, that's gonna wreak!

A few pictures to close out 2009....

Me and Angie after our Tuesday nite ride. We like us some Five Guys for recovery.

This is a lovely picture taken at the end of the 5K swim in Miami, gross.


Super Star Relay Team for Mach Tenn - Ryan's first as a relay, hopefully not his last!

Me and my girl, Kasha, in what turned out to be her last swim evah. She was happy.

My first attempt at trail running Crested Butte, CO. I LOVED it.

Good times, good friends in CB - I DO love that place.

Woot, Missy and Carolina John before the B2B start.
Ryan Ironman Barnett and me collecting our hardware and???

And to hubs for making everything fun....


24 comments:

Diana said...

That singlet is gonna be able to "stand" on it's own in the corner with pride after 3 days of stink!!
Good bye to 2009 for sure. This will be a much better year.
I love that pic of you and your dog in the water-what we do for our furry friends-it's so easy for the love they give us when we need it!
Here's raising my diet dew in the air to ya for a great 2010!

TRI-james said...

Resolutions are overrated – we have enough goals already!

Shannon said...

I hate New Years resolutions...You and I keep lofty goals all through out the year anyway.

Dave said...

Ok...great year in review in pics...the 1/2 IM PR is cool...and I just looked at the Triple T Format...and I have a question...ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY!!!!;-) a sprint on Friday...2 Olympic distances on Sat...and an 1/2 IM on Sunday.

This is cool and I can wait to keep on the training...

Keith said...

You know, a promise of soft gooey centre photographs might bring GQH back from where ever.

Great photos! Awesome training schedule. I'm glad I'm not doing it.

Stand! That singlet is gonna be able to apply for citizenship and get a job.

Tri Mommy said...

I'm with you... I'm glad to leave 2009 behind. A few things were awesome but alot was just so darn stressful. Even my horoscope (which I read for funsies) said the same thing!

MCM Mama said...

You are totally going to rock 2010!

That singlet is going to be nasty. A guy at Eastern Mountain Sports was telling me about some enzyme stuff you can soak stuff in on long camping trips. Maybe you could check that out.

I'll enjoy hearing about training for Triple T and will be thankful on a daily basis that I'm not working that hard. ;o)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Happy New Years. Thanks for the year in pics review

kristen said...

Omg, your gonna want to vomit on yourself. You better bring some detergent with you. Holy wreakage. I suppose that's part of the badassness of it all. Who can withstand thier own wreak the longest?

Great pictures from 2009!

Wes said...

Yea, 2009 had some major suckage points, but ya know. I don't care. Let us keep moving forward...

Susi said...

love the post missy!

Carolina John said...

b2b was certainly a highlight for us all. if you put in 13 solid workouts a week there will be no soft gooey center to muffin top out of the singlet. that's what i'm shooting for too.

ps my word verification today is forpr - appropriate?

Alisa said...

Whoa 13 workouts, that is a TON!!! Good luck.

I have no doubt you'll cross that finish line. It's so funny so many people aren't "just finish" types but that's me to a T. I know I'm never going to be fast and some days I know I'm not going to be faster than my previous self so JUST FINISH is where it's at!

skierz said...

the past is to learn from and enjoy as memories, 2010 is a New year and one to kick ass in whatever way will bring you smiles! Happy New Year and a great 2010! Cheers

Lora said...

Here's to a better year for sure!

Mike Russell said...

You need to take a gun to shoot that singlet after the last race. It is going to be the evil singlet when you get finished.

Molly said...

What a year for you!!! Yeah, you'd better not puke on that singlet or anything - good thing they don't make you wear the same shorts 4 days in a row, eh? That could be a lot worse.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I forgot about CB. I need to plan a family vacation there. It has to rate as a top 5 place to go in the US.

As for resolutions, only two for 2010 for me. Beat Arnie at St George or IMFL and wave to Ryan while I am at mile 4 and he is finishing St G.

(could the word verification be telling me something about 2010.... it is "buggr")

aron said...

man vs wild totally does count!! and you are going to wear that singlet looking like a rockstar girl :)

Aka Alice said...

2009? pffffft...I'm sooooo over it.

Can't wait to read more about your three day training and adventure. I'd never do it, but I do plan on living vicariously though you!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Awesome pictures, and I'm happy 2009 is done with too. Good luck with your training, can wait to see how you will rock the Triple T! :)

Judi said...

great pix!!!!

you will smash the TTT.

D said...

I didn't even race in 2009, so there lol.

(how is it that I manage to get sponsors? hahaha)

ShirleyPerly said...

Nice look back at 2009. I heard about the Triple T when I suggested to a local RD that he schedule his half iron the day before his full iron ala the Goofy Challenge, instead of moving it to a month before. He didn't listen ...

Good luck in 2010!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!