Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back on the wagon...

Yes, training started this week and it's quickly kicking my sorry ass. Let's see how this all went down...

Tuesday - bike trainer for ~20 miles, I hope, I guess, it better be. I was in one of my easiest freakin gears and had to WORK at it. Stoopid new trainer. Maybe I locked it down too tightly, I'm sure that's it. I'm going to loosen it up next time. Lift and abs, my fav. BARF.

Wednesday - swim and run. Um, that water felt like sand and I could hardly hold my 'regular' interval WITH FINS ON. Good gawd, seriously, swimming in sand. NEXT! It's cold here so I changed and got on the suckmill for a short three miler. I AM a total jackass and have no clue how to work that POS. At least, I have no clue how to change the display. I'm working harderish, plodding along, and the distance was just wrong based on my pace and time. I'm looking at the thing, looking at my pace, doing the math and thinking, this is NOT right. I just stopped at some point in time and when I shut the daYum thing down, it tells me I went .25 miles LONGER THAN I NEEDED. OK, maybe not a huge deal but I haven't worked out like this in ages and it's killing me. I am ONLY doing what is necessary and not an ounce more for crying out loud.

Thursday - bike and run...for the love of Pete...nothing like going from NO workouts a day to two a days. Ah, this is livin kids.

BESIDES all of that, here's some fun low lights that you might enjoy...

Doc says that I have post-pneumonia viral bronchitis inflicted by my asthma. NICEEEE. Just what everyone around me wants to hear, a lung being passed during one of my hacking fits. I am NOT saying this is why I suck right now but it certainly does not help me.

ANGIE SLIGER PHOTOGRAPHY ROCKS OUT! HERE'S ME AND MY BOY JUST LAST YEAR.
Magnus, my sweet, tenderhearted Boxer, had to have his EYE REMOVED. Yes, you heard me right. Long story short, it was like a freakin horror show, fo reals. Poor guys eye/cornea ruptured. That's gotta hurt, I don't care who you are. He was pretty pissed off when he woke up with one eye. Needless to say, sleepless nites and lots of drugs...for everyone! Yes, I AM getting him a pirate costume, never fear.

Poor guy has food all over his nose because we have to fee him by hand - his cone/lampshade is HUGE and he can't get to his bowl.

Oh, and my Dad stopped in (the nicest man in America) to see our poor boy and I told him how hard my workouts were. He just said - it's because you're out of shape, duh.

34 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

Just remember the race issue singlet!

BTW nice pic.

Keith said...

Ok, Jim beat me to the motivation. The first few workouts after a break are always the hardest, at least until the ones where you throw up in your mouth.

Bronchitis! Along with all those other big words. Doesn't sound good. Take care of yourself.

I'm glad you warned me about poor Magnus in an email. I'm writhing here. Writhing, I tell you! ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!! ouch. Can't wait to see a pic of the pirate costume.

The people making the next terminator movie could TOTALLY use that glowing eye from the photo. That's scarier than the red glow any day of the week, even if he is a total sweetie.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

OH DAMN! Your dad said that!! Too funny! Poor Magnus :(:(:(

Take care of yourself, you're gonna kick butt with those workouts! I, um, have my first masters swim since our Christmas break... I'm scared.

RockstarTri said...

It is a little known fact that Dads have to go to a "wisdom" training class when female children are born. Unfortunately, it normally takes until after the child is a teenager for them to get it right and the class teaches that Dads are generally considered morons until that time.

I'm still in the moron stage. Your dad is in the wise stage.

Sorry about Magnus. Great picture of you and him.

Wes said...

Magnus is looking mighty mighty fine. No sympathy from me on the workouts either. Suck it up cupcake...

Kim said...

ha, im in the same workout boat as you. suuuuucks big time.

aw look at magnus! how friggin cute he is.

you look hot in that picture!

Shannon said...

I thought DAVE was the nicest man in America.....oh he's gonna be pissed that you picked your dad. ;)

((((((Magnus))))))

Al's CL Reviews said...

I love that pic of you and Magnus!

Poor boy! He'll adapt. Hopefully sooner than later to help you adapt.

Bronchitis? Now I'm totally not trying that yoga!

Your workouts sounded tough, but congrats for getting them done!

Velma said...

Dad keeping it real - love it. I am sorry about the pup - that must be tough on everybody. Keep taking the drugs and hopefully spring will appear early this year

Jody said...

I feel like I am reading my own blog

The Running Girl said...

Poor Mangus. And yes, the workouts suck when you have bronchial issues.

Dave said...

You dad is cracking me up...great stuff....it's cold here too...wind chill is in the single digits with ice...and no...I don't run on ice...so back to the freaking dread mill this morning for mile repeats...and METALLICA on the IPOD!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Poor guy.... (dog)
Tell Pops, "I'm not out of shape, it is the PPVB, DAHHH...."

kristen said...

Dad's are the best aren't they. No sugar coating there.

It's all good girl. Keep it up. Just take care of that nasty shiz in your lungs. No wonder your having such a hard time. Don't let it get worse.

Poor baby. Sounds like he's in good hands though.

Diana said...

Leaving to the loving parent to be totally honest!
Magnus looks good, he'll do well.
Kicking workouts-take it easy with them lungs. You're gonna need 'em this summer!

Carolina John said...

so you're flabby and out of shape. that's ok.

ha! get out there and rock some why don't ya! the body will adapt soon enough.

Keri said...

Poor poor Magnus! Super cute picture of you two!

Mike Russell said...

Tough couple of weeks for you! Your fitness levels will obviously improve within a couple of weeks. It will get easier, that is until you start to put the hammer down again, and then it will just get harder!

Jon Gilchrist said...

YOUR DAD IS PRETTY AWESOME. Magnus looks like he's coping..but you're right...that canNOT feel good. You'll bounce bad...no doubt about it...

Susi said...

huh. well not to hard to see where you get your humour from, LOL. awesome line dad! LOL. (oh, and i'm thinking he and my mum are related cause that's what she'd say!)

poor magnus. not only does he lose an eye but his mum can't get the food into his mouth. sigh. (just teasing you). i hope he's feeling much better - and you guys too. i can only imagine how hard it's been!

hang in there with the workouts - you'll be back in the game in now time! oh, but please don't tell us canucks it's 'cold' down there or we're going to bring you up hree and make you run in minus 'wth'. haha.

San said...

Oh, that poor boy. Give him a big hug from me. Love the pic of you both, soooo darn cute.

To the training issue... well at least you do your thing. And if it helps, you are still lightyears ahead of me. ;-) Cheer up girl, you are an IRONMAN! These little races this year. pfff, they are nothing to you. XD

Cheers from good ol' Germany.

MCM Mama said...

I'm tired just reading your blog. Totally LOL at your dad though.

Poor Magnus! Hope he adjusts quickly.

joyRuN said...

Poor sweet Magnus!

It's tough to kick it back up. That's why I'm so terrified to slack for too long.

Carly said...

Ohhhh dad-isms....gotta love them.

Poor puppy Magnus! That looks like it hurts like hell!!! I hope the drugs are working. Super cute photo!

Jo Lynn said...

That just breaks my heart. You know it does. It's not like you can explain to Magnus why he can only see out of one eye. Poor, poor thing. :(

Aka Alice said...

Missy...you completely kick ass that you're even attempting two workouts a day with effing bronchitis. I'm gonna attempt my first tomorrow (swim then something else...since I'm not training for anything in particular, and since I can't run, I have no idea what it'll be, probably the bike.

Poor Magnus. Hope he feels better soon! (and you too!)

Tyger Lily said...

Don'tcha love Dad!!! I miss mine for the exact same reason. The man never did have a filter between his brain and mouth! LOL

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Has to feel good to be back on the wagon.

Poor Magnus!!

D said...

You know, every day that I take my groups of doggies out I fear the eye stuff. You would think it would be something that would cause me to carry a 60+lb dog 20 minutes back to a car, but no... it's the eyes. Sorry, puppy!! :(

My dad says the exact same type of stuff to me. It's hard having him as a coach.

Heidi Austin said...

poor mangus~ he has had such a rough year with all of his eye troubles. i hope ya both get well soon ! asthma induced pnuemonia is definitely something to blame for your "sucking" i hope your dr hooked you up with some sweet drugs!

Alisa said...

You'll be back up to your old intervals in no time!

Poor Magnus that picture broke my heart. He's still a cutie. What we do for our pets =). Can't wait to see him in all his pirate glory.

Kendra said...

oh poor magnus. I hope it just makes people want to reach over and give him a belly rub.

How did you resist complaining to your dad that he's the one who gave you this genetic defect of asthma that is the main contributor to your sucking right now?

Trish said...

What a cute little pooch!

You've been tagged!

http://mypathtotravel.blogspot.com/2010/01/7-things-about-me.html

Sherry said...

Awww, poor fuzzy dude! He's still cute as ever, though... maybe even cuter now!!!

Here's to getting BACK ON the wagon. Why is it so dang hard this time of year???

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!