Thursday, December 17, 2009

What is scarier?

What is more terrifying - my upcoming race schedule for 2010 (that was assembled by coach and partner in crime, to be posted shortly) or the fact that I have to wear a race issued singlet for Triple T in May? I'm actually thinking the singlet is more terrifying. I am totally comfortable with all body parts EXCEPT for my belly. No, no, I know, it's not gigantic or anything it's just, well, softer than it should be to pull off a singlet. See, a singlet is made for normal sized people. They do not come in talls and if you order larger, it assumes that you have huge jugs...that I don't have. I have to order a medium, or so, and then it just cuts me right above my gut. Perfect way to accentuate my soft gooey center. Of course, when I flip through pictures of years past, everyone is looking pretty shredded and doesn't seem to look like a busted biscuit.

I suppose the only way to over come this fault of mine, is to eat salmon and spinach for the next six months. Certainly, this will have to wait until AFTER Christmas and New Years fo sho. I'm not a terrible eater but I do think that a Five Guys Burger and Fries is one of the most perfect recovery foods after a hard ride and that cheese is its own food group. If there is any chance that I look half as good as those Triple T peoples in that itty bitty singlet, I'll need to lean up. Now I know why I only race in one piece bathing suits or race kits...it holds my junk together so nicely.

This whole prospect of having to wear their race singlet is terrifying enough to make me do something about it....I think.

P.S. I just noticed that the stellar guy from yesterday's post has displayed his ROCK BAND and GUITAR HERO guitars. Not even the real deal. So guns and Rock Band, for your listening pleasure.

22 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Could you wear your suit under the singlet, or is there too much chaffing going on?

Shannon said...

I say cut out the Five Guys & start drinking Green Smoothies..... :) "A personal message from your friendly personal trainer." Get it together dough girl! ;)

Sherry said...

Race issued singlet... OMG! That would be a die-fest for me.

I'm not tall like you are, but I have a very looooong torso (freakazoid here) and just about every tri tank/singlet/yoga top/you name it, is too short on me when I'm just standing around. Start to run... um, belly shirt!

Feelin' your pain, chica!!!!

RockstarTri said...

At 6'2" and very long torsoed, I have to wear tall shirts (and extra length ties for when I dress up like a grown up) for every day living. Most conventional tri tops fit me like a halter. Yes, leaning up will be necessary but a race issued singlet, even with months of prep, would be scaring me right into needing some comfort food.

Too bad the guys don't serve breakfast. Imagine what those fries would taste like as part of home fries? On the other hand, don't imagine that - you've got a race issued singlet to wear soon!

FLATOUT JIM said...

I am 100% sure you will be shreaded and will look awesome.

And if not, people won't be lookin at you anyway!

I have faith. I am already waiting for the HOT pics.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

you'll be rockin' the singlet just like you'll be rockin' the Triple T! :D

Dave said...

Really looking forward to see this training schedule...

Amanda said...

Sweetie, it's really not as bad as it sounds. and you're def harder on yourself than anyone else would be on you. besides, after a couple days of racing, you'll look shredded too. it just happens.

TRI-james said...

Public humiliation (real or just perceived) = strong motivation!

Kim said...

i'm tall and i have big jugs - so at least you are tall, skinny with no boobs! im sure you will look awesome. you always do!

aron said...

i feel the SAME way about my stomach. i will never be one of those girls running in a sports bra - just cant let the tummy out like that. maybe it will give you more motivation to do some abs? haha :) i am sure you will like the awesome triathlete you are!

Jo Lynn said...

Get down on the floor and start doing some planks. You will look HOT in the singlet. ;)

Keith said...

Look at it this way. If they are behind you at the finish line, they won't see your "soft and gooey centre" anyway, and beside who cares what people slower than you think about your tummy.

The people ahead of you are, duh, AHEAD. They are looking at the people in front of them trying to catch them. They aren't looking at your "soft and gooey centre".

Before and after the race, enlist your sherpa to have a long jacket or something to cover up.

Second last choice, go to the geezer store and get a pair of shorts, you know, the kind that come up to their armpits. That will be just below the boobs on you and all will be well.

Last choice, and I hardly dare say it. Start working on your abs and core. Ugg. Not fun.

Oh, last thought. Just tell everyone there you're pregnant, however many months you think is flattering.

Wes said...

admit it. you're just trying to build anticipation for the race photos...

Here after, I will refer to use as BB (busted biscuit) :-)

Mike Russell said...

Come on now...most boys will be using you as pace booty anyways. I am sure your "mid section" looks/will look great. Just own it and you will be great!

Carolina John said...

i would throw something under the singlet. fo sho. i can't take those damn things either.

salmon and spinach sounds great, but i bet with your triple t training plan the gut will go away. i know that's what i'm hoping for this year.

MCM Mama said...

I like the suggestions of throwing something on underneath the singlet.

But, I'm guessing the schedule you have ahead of you will bring on the "lean" look.

Judi said...

missy, you are a nut. you are gonna look hot in your skinsuit.

Alisa said...

UGH! I hate when clothes don't come in TALL! I also don't like my belly hanging out or have my pants look like capris.

You'll get through it. Ever thought about getting a really thin LONG tri top to wear under it? Might be too many layers but worth considering.

San said...

And there I was thinking tri is the way to the perfect body. It is not? I have to find another sport!!

LOL.

It's not as if you go in that singlet to ballroom dancing! You're fast, they won't be abled to tell if your middle isn't that hard.

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

No tummy viewing here either. YIKES. Let us know what you do. OF course we could have SHANNON come wipe all our butts and stomachs into shape.
ooo my word verification today is shishie how fun is that to say! LOL :P

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

I haven't done it yet, but I have seriously considered sewing velcro to my tri tops and shorts to keep the tops from riding up and letting my belly escape. Like you, I'm not fat, but there are certain things that I just shouldn't wear...but in triathlonm it's unavoidable. Ugh! I just KNOW that I'm gonna wake up one day and have proportional sized boobies. Someday. I just KNOW it.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!