Remember the first time you showed up at Masters Swim? If you're like me, you didn't even know what 'starting on the top' meant. I had no clue about pool etiquette and thought that I just wanted to survive. I was terrified that I would be the slowest, crappiest swimmer with all the wrong gear. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into but I just showed up and been there since 2006 or so. Fast forward to 2009, I feel like I could at least show up for most group rides, group runs or swims and have someone to hang with, it is where I am most comfortable.
I have decided it's now or NEVER. I am going to hot yoga (with the help of a friend) on Wednesday. I know there's all this zen crap and quiet time biz...Angie and I have NEVER been in a room or car together and NOT talked the entire time. We drove nine hours to Florida and never turned on the music, if that's any indication. I'm afraid that we will be asked to leave when I bust out laughing or make Angie laugh. This is going to be like two kids in church, I swear...without her, I'm not so sure I would go, though. So there it is, stay tuned for some total hilarity. I have no doubt that this is good for me, let's just see if I'm good for hot yoga. Oh, and fart noises KILL me and throw me into a ball of laughter. I'm in trouble, I know.
Post Thanksgiving ramblings...
- It IS possible to gain 5lbs in a weekend.
- Is it eating and drinking everything in site that made me break out? I can't even say it was the pool, always my excuse. I'm 37, really, zits???
- I really could have used just one more day.
- I think sleeping in makes me more tired - I refused to get out of bed before 7:30-8:00am just because.
- I'm glad I didn't go shopping on Black Friday.
- Do you think hot yoga will help me sweat out the 5lbs I just consumed?
- I'm so sick of turkey that I don't want another piece of poultry for a while.
- When is the next holiday...I'm ready for more days off!
HOT YOGA....and it was MY idea. CRAP! AND, I'm going to make an attempt to go at LEAST three days in a weeks time. They say (whoever THEY is) it's best if you can hammer it out even if you feel crappy.