Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend in Review

GAWD, it seems like forevah so here it goes...

Wednesday - got in a baby sized run, that wasn't embarrassingly slow, and lots of Thanksgiving cooking, add in some Biggest Loser on the DVR and it was a party at my house. I'm just in awe of those peoples, I swear, totally transformed. Alan is a stud. He will be totally shredded when he comes back to the finale.

Thursday - Thanksgiving at my house always starts with a bike ride. It was about 45 degrees, I think, so not warm. It's just a 22 mile route from the house, just us, friends and road bikes. OH and NO computers allowed to monitor speed or average speed. I think it was at the half way point (a church) that I started to pray for my salvation from this bike ride. I seriously considered calling for a ride home. For the love of Pete, it was harrrrd. You could have told me a pack of dogs was chasing me and it wouldn't have mattered. Elated to get home and start on some pancakes, bacon and breakfast liquor - pick your poison: Bloody Mary, Kahlua and Coffee, Screwdriver, whatever but you best start drinking NOW. AND WE DID! It's always fun.

On with some Thanksgiving food that was a feast to feed at LEAST 12 - there's only five of us. I'm still eating turkey, dressing, green beans, sweet potatoes...you get the idea. Post dinner tradition is YAHTZEE. I couldn't buy a Yahtzee, blasted. And then it was downhill from there, I felt like hell on a stick.

This is our gangster grill set up. We grill the turkey each year but we couldn't regulate the temp because of the wind. Soooo, block the wind and hope you don't set the house on fir-ah.

Friday morning, woke up, sore throat and loads of gunk, the heavy thick kind. I started jamming Zicam up my nose, after my saline rinse, some Cold Eze tabs and sleep, lots of sleep. I think I saw EVERY episode of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Wow, really, wow - and I LOVE trash tv.

Saturday morning, cleared my throat and felt like a million bucks compared to Friday. Woohoo, I beat this thing. Always satisfying. Got to see some friends, watch some college football and proceed to fall asleep by 9pm because I know how to party.

Sunday - I was really going to extend my run and did 8K. Yes, this is funny for many reasons. I ended it at 8K for all my Canadian friends. See, I'm not that OCD, it didn't have to be 5 miles straight up! Since B2B, I've probably run six times total for a grand monthly mileage of 24 miles. I told hubs I was going to run for 5ish miles and he said - wooha, wooha, slow down, Missy, why so far, why so fast?! (I've been really milking coaches instructions for time to chill post B2B and hubs has gotten used to having me around more.) Thanksgiving food, that's why! It was a great little run with all the good hills mixed in for good measure. Got to get my Triple T glutes and hammies ready for all 'dem 'der hills.

Throw in a killer Titans win and that's a wrap. This week MAY find me venturing into the land of hot yoga. I'm actually terrified as one of my strongest friends said it was the hardest thing she's ever done. Could be perfect.

My pants are tighter and I'm afraid to look at a scale right now. I will get back on the wagon just as soon as all those sweet potatoes are gone...promise!

18 comments:

Keith said...

That guy in the photos better be standing on a box or something or you're on your knees. Or else he's a genetic freak. We all know you're just the perfect height for a girl, but your head doesn't even reach his shoulder.

Sounds like a wonderful eat-fest. Grilled turkey, hmmmm. I'll have to try that.

I loved watching my wife's mom play Yahtzee. She could roll whatever she wanted.

Velma said...

I love the jacked up grill!!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

lol at the grill! Enjoy yoga tonight!

Carly said...

LOL @ the grill. I am glad you are feeling better and it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

If I didn't know better, I would say you been hangin a little too close to Ryan (caught on the run Ryan). Both sick on Tday.....hmmmm. What really happened at B2B???

Amanda said...

i think the off season weight gain is essential because it makes us feel so great when it comes off whe we get back to training. evenwhen we're eating our weight in food.

glad you kicked the cold quick!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

NICE, love the grill idea

MCM Mama said...

Way to make the grill work. Where's the photo of the box on fire? LOL

Sounds like a nice T'day.

Beth said...

Hot yoga is awwwwwesome!!!!

Aka Alice said...

I see no reason to watch what I eat until the leftovers are gone...

Yummy marys. Awesome that you beat back the cold with Zicam and Housewives of NJ...somehow that just seems right.

skierz said...

8k! that was a great distance to run! sounds like you managed to pacl it all in this weekend, run, family, drinks for breakfast, getting sick! Keep it up! Cheers from Canada!

Wes said...

I lurve Thanksgiving at your house, mostly the drinking part. You can keep the bike riding part :-)

Carolina John said...

sounds like a great thanksgiving. i got in 5 miles running on saturday. then got to drive 5 mph back to raleigh on sunday. and yes i'm still pissed about that.

Alisa said...

Nice job on the ride and 8k run! Look at you non-OCD girl.

Sorry for the cold--seems to be going around. I've decided that I need to learn how to blow snot rockets from the bike. My hubby got annoyed that I kept wanting to stop so I could blow my nose into a kleenex!

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

You and me both with those pants :) But hey - we only get to enjoy the offseason and this time of year once, right? I think your monthly running mileage is great - you're about 10 miles more than me :)

Nice grill!!

Runner Leana said...

Sounds like quite the weekend there! I love that you have a T-day bike ride tradition. Followed by beverages. Awesome.

theloosemoose said...

I'm all about those Biggest Loser contestants, as well - seriously inspirational. I always try to get my mom hooked on that show because she's really, really overwieght and I always hope they'll motivate her. But she's kinda like that MallWart shopper you referenced in your earlier post - the one with the case of Mountain Dew and Double STuffed Oreos.

Glad you're feeling better!

Heidi Austin said...

kaluha for breakfast. yum yum...despite your love for the titans, we would so be bffs if we lived closer :)

and yes hot yoga is so hard but will definitely make your pants fit instantly... goodbye water weight!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!