For whatever reason, I decided to pull up the race results online. I just need to put it out there that I am NOT #1 35-39AG but #2. I was called #1 and handed the #1 plaque at the awards ceremony but I'm certain that the girl that won would like it. It's tainted, don't want it, won't hang it, only going to sit in the back of the closet as the award I almost got. I did send a message to the B2B peoples to see a) what happened b) do they want it back and c) send me 2nd place! I know I shouldn't be bummed, 2nd is still more than anything I have ever received. I am just going with - a PR by 12 minutes and I'm happy about that. Guess that's what I'll go with now. I know, wha, wha, wha, cry me a river but it IS disappointing. Heck, even more than me should be the girl that got 3rd but is really 4th and is now out of hardware for AG Awards. I would be pissssssed off.
So, YES, people, I know now. I'm not happy about it. Why didn't anyone tell me? Seriously, I look like a moron. I'm not afraid of being a moron but please don't relegate me to douchebag. Race report still stands just take #1 out and replace with #2. So there! It doesn't matter, I didn't have five more minutes in me, it was still the best I had. The race director indicated there WAS a timing/scoring issue in one age group...yep, mine.
In other news...I have done, nothing since the race other than eat and drink. It's been nice. I know I'll get bored soon but it's nice to NOT be scheduled for a little while. Copius amounts of liquor, beer, wine and birthday cake. Kinda like this guy.
Yes, peoples, I am 37 - it was Wednesday. As I do every year, here are my 37 things I learned in 37 years...
These are listed in no particular order....
- You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can’t pick your friends nose…but YOU CAN lend them your sleeve.
- Never spit while riding a bike into a headwind – nothing worse than having your training partners tell you that you have a huge loogey hanging off your shoulder or side of your face.
- Play nice with others…unless they are in your same age group.
- Be kind to strangers…they may be a volunteer at your next event.
- Running slowly with a friend may be more beneficial than turning a PR alone.
- People think I’m funny, Dogs worship me as a goddess, I will now be known as the Funny Goddess of Franklin.
- Sleep is totally underrated…especially on a cold morning when it’s raining outside and you’re supposed to go for a run, ah, to stay in bed.
- Ironman is one of the greatest things I have ever done.
- If swimming, biking and running were the most fun things we did as kids, are we really just big kids?
- Negative people suck the life out of me…I don’t hang around those people, I like the life part.
- Never trust a fart on a long run, you don’t need that kind of surprise when you’re miles from home or the nearest toilet.
- Always pack a pre-packaged baby wipe – they have many uses from wiping a baby to wiping yourself.
- Happy Hour is not just one Hour.
- I’m glad I moved to Tennessee from Michigan – you have to rake your roof in Michigan during the winter…to keep the snow from caving your roof in, yep, that one is TRUE!
- Friends will come and go. Good friends are the ones that bring you drugs or soup when you are sick.
- Mom was always right, you should try to pee before you leave the house, every time.
- Laughter can be the best medicine but sometimes Percocet is the perfect medicine.
- I don’t like getting up before 6:00am, I’ll do it but I don’t have to like it.
- Peeing in a wetsuit can keep you warm on a cold morning.
- A massage and a glass of wine is just the perfect way to end any day.
- If I could go back to high school or college, I don’t think I would – this part is way more fun…and I can remember it, most of the time.
- Loyalty is an underrated quality in people.
- Never sit on an unkown toilet seat. There could be creepy crawlies under the seat.
- Tell other people that your are proud of them for their accomplishments. We don’t hear that often when we’re older.
- Work is work and play is play. Why can’t I get paid to play?
- Fart jokes are still funny – as is the unintentional fart at the wrong time (i.e. in church on a wooden pew when everyone stops singing). HILARIOUS.
- There is NO greater compliment than making someone laugh so hard that they shoot their drink out their nose. That’s the sign of a great joke or moment. I strive for this always
- Always wear shoes on aggregate, it will tear your feet up – even if you are just going out to get the mail. Will I ever learn?
- Say I love you to your family every nite and every time you part. It could be the last time you see them.
- Fighting is for boxers and cage fighters, arguments and discussions are for families.
- Never negate, demean or call your spouse a name in front of other people. It’s not nice and makes you look like an ass.
- When you hear a good song in the store, you should dance, even if it’s MUSAK and even if you can’t dance. It’s fun and it’s always time for fun.
- Eat dinner with the TV off once in a while. There’s not much good on anyway, especially the news.
- Don’t worry about what other people think, why does it matter what they think, they’re probably strangers and you’ll never see them again. Their opinion of you has no relevance to your life and happiness.
- Picking up the yard after two dogs is the worst job in the house.
- Be yourself, 100% of yourself, not the edited version of yourself and surround yourself with people that like you at 100%.
- Race it not pace it. Uh, duh, that's why they call it a race.