Tuesday, November 24, 2009

300th Post - Whaaaat?

300 Things about ... ME, who else would they be about ...

  1. I didn't start running until I realized that I was going to hit double digits in my clothes. It was a deal breaker for me.
  2. I've only run three marathons - one was attached to a 2.4 mile swim and a 26.2 mile bike.
  3. I don't really like to run, it's just the easiest thing to do when I'm short on time.
  4. I've never played a sport or been on a team of any kind. I suck at team sports.
  5. I still don't think of myself as an athlete and I have NO idea why. Maybe because all of this started in my late 20's, post college? Who knows...
  6. I hate clicking noises.
  7. People that cut their nails at work disgust me. Keep your DNA to yourself.
  8. I get totally irritated with people who use Facebook and Rolling Stone as their source of news...for which they are an 'expert' on (fill in the blank here, usually medical or politics).
  9. I think ANYTHING can be funny. It's all in the context. HellO Family Guy!
  10. I do not tolerate a liar.
  11. You screw me over once, I'm done with you.
  12. I'm totally terrified about doing Triple T in May, totally starting to freak out. What have I done?
  13. I AM happy that I am doing Triple T with Tilghman because she makes me laugh and we're gonna need it.
  14. I find serious people BORING. I mean, a time and place, but c'mon.
  15. I like dogs, Boxers, specifically. Love the smooshed in face.
  16. I love to run in a one piece speedo. It freaks out the neighbors.
  17. I am an only child - it explains a lot.
  18. My mom was my best friend. Holy hell, hands down the funniest person I've ever known. She didn't care about a thing or what you thought. Gee, sounds familiar. Glad that rubbed off.
  19. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it does not involve gifts. We eat, we drink, we watch football and play Yahtzee. It totally rocks.
  20. Ryan and I double over in laughter at LEAST once a day. Our house is pretty crazy....he still says he's funnier.
  21. I went to an all girls Catholic High School. Retrospect - it was probably one of the best experiences of my life.
  22. I might have the smallest family on the planet.
  23. I have not been to a concert or show in AGES because big crowds + drunk people + smoke wear my ass out.
  24. I don't run or ride with music because I think it's dangerous. How else can I see Chester the Molester in his white van chasing me?
  25. I think if I can do this crap, anyone can. Total non-athletic, non-athlete type and I can do it. Ironwill(power) though.
  26. I get livid when I see a 400lb woman at Walmart, pull up and park in handicapped parking while her son (200lbs @ 10yo) goes to get her the motorized scooter because she has bad knees. No SHIT you have bad knees. THEN, you get a load of their cart, Mountain Dew and any other processed food you might imagine.
  27. ...yeah, you didn't really think that I was going to list 300 things about myself, did you? I'm really not THAT exciting

33 comments:

Carly said...

Love your list! I can relate to several of them....especially on the FB thing and serious people.

joyRuN said...

#20 is AWESOME! So's the rest of the list :)

Ryan said...

So were there any romantic girl-girl interactions at this all girl school?

If not can you make one up and attach some pics and personally email them to me.

I'm racing an OLY distance tri next year only wearing my white hot speedo ;-)

and yes...I'm totally naked right now while writing this...with the windows open.

Tell Ryan that Ryan says Sup Bro!

Keith said...

I saw your title, and got all settled in with cofffee, a morning cookie, fruit, and was ready for a good read. Imagine my surprise when 28 didn't appear. Not even 10%!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You are correct...
WE are not athletes...
WE are actually sick..
And one day, when a cure is found..
WE will be better.
Keep the faith.
I'm naked also (in case you were wondering)
I am sure it is not as pretty a sight as Ryan, but hey, I'm 20 years older

Wes said...

We have done the exact same marathon pattern :-) Life's too short to be serious all the time, and thanks for sparing us the other 263 items :-) ROFL...

BTW: You can call yourself an athlete when you come in first in your age group. HAHAHAHAHA sorry. I couldn't resist that one. not an athlete... hmmmmmph....

kristen said...

omg, I was thinking, "300 things - how long did it take this bitch to think up this list" and then I got to the end :)

Your so cool! I hope to meet you one day.

skierz said...

come on Missy!! you were on a roll, you can come up with another dozen or do, they were jsut getting good!

Kim said...

ryan asked the same questions that i was going to ask. i think they deserve answering on your next post.

Tri Mommy said...

Wow- we have a ton in common - like half your list, except it was my Dad for #18.

Julie said...

Love #26 -- These people will say that they can't run or workout because they don't want to BULK up and wreck their knees...but bring on the Mountain Dew and other crap.

Dave said...

I think I knew all this about you...wow...happy 300 post...and happy Thanksgiving!
d

Velma said...

16 made me laugh. I am also a 'late onset' runner. I don't consider myself an athlete either.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm with ya on #10, and awesome that you have so much of your mom in you, from what you've told us, she was awesome :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Yep I dont know why your doing the triple t either, in my opinion, though i cant back it up, i think its harder then an iron distance race.

Amanda said...

#10 - x2
#12 - relax, take a deep breath. Then go climb the steepest, longest hill you can find. x50. you'll be fine!

You ARE an athlete. and a hard core one at that.

FLATOUT JIM said...

Number 21 is giving me naughty fantasies. Do you still have a uniform?

And how can you not consider yourself an athlete after a 12:20 Ironman?

San said...

Hi,
love your blog. And I can totally relate to post no. 26. I mean really how stupid can one be?

I also came to running and sports really, really late. But my reason to start running was a book. And I can't imagine to run without music.

Cheers
San

andygoose said...

Hmmm, so many apply to me as well. I'll keep you guessing though...

Carolina John said...

i also think anything can be funny. and in particular, i love to make jokes that are in bad taste just to prove that it can still be funny.

Molly said...

#24 totally cracked me up because we always joke about the windowless white rapist van. Oops, guess I'm going to hell if we joke about rapists. ;p

Anonymous said...

#26...
Obesity is a problem in America. You can poke fun at them and say "it's your fault you are fat" (just like the guy on the corner can go get a job at McDonalds right?) or realize this country has some serious problems (like a lack of public health care, industry taking advantage of the sugar addiction by making processed food so cheap, an elitist middle class, etc.) and attempt to make some changes.

I know this was supposed to be light hearted, but that really pissed me off!
Jacob

Missy said...

It is BEYOND a problem. It IS an epidemic of monumentous proportions that we have not even realized yet. It is sad and fat breeds fat, the poor children are the losers here, there is no one to teach then how it's 'supposed to be' unless it starts with their family.

Thing is, there are people that DO make it, that DO lose the weight because they are slowly dying from the inside out. I don't pretend to know what their inner demons are. It does, however, boil down to simple math, calories in, calories out. I never said easy, mind you, but simple, yes. I don't expect Biggest Loser results out of FA America. I do expect obesity at the current rate not to be acceptable. How is it that my own clothes size has DROPPED over the last few years but my weight and measurements have remained the same? America is placating and accepting the growing waist lines.

I don't pretend to know the answers. I WILL always help someone who wants to be helped but it is up to them, not me, to make that decision. They have to want to change....just like any addict has to WANT it. You have to want to be clean, from whatever your drug of choice is, food, cigs, heroin.

Alisa said...

I'm with you on #2!

I love people that make me laugh...consider yourself loved.

Ryan said...

Missy,

You are a mean evil bitchy cunt who makes fun of those fat lazy fast food eating lazy ass mother fuckers who park in the handicap spot and bitch about how muscular and vascular my legs are and how I take forever blocking their disgustingly fat bodies oozing out of their struggling electric buggies from getting to the king sized snicker bar isle while pouring an extra large double bagged box of christmas captain crunch down their gurgling fat blocked double chinned throat, while I find the one unbruised honey crisp apple in the display. That was rude and offensive. That makes you doubly offensive!

Signed,

Anonymous

Judi said...

the walmart lady....you know it girl.

Diana said...

#26 was fucking hilarious!!!!

Really??? Do you want me to get started on the whole health care system?????????? I fucking work in health care. Why do we keep giving into obesity. Oh your fat, we'll buy beds to hold your fat ass. Oh your fat, we'll buy bigger commodes for your fat ass to pee on. Oh your fat, we'll buy bigger wheelchairs to keep carting your fat ass to test after test after test to find out why your fat ass can't breath.......oh I know why....because you're too fat too breath. Get off the "oh my poor miserable life, please feel sorry for me" bullshit train and hold your own fat ass accountable. It CAN be done. Put down the damn fork and get your fat ass off the couch.....

Sorry Missy you had to see this explosion......loved the ENTIRE list!
Happy Turkey Day!!!

Jo Lynn said...

#2 - Seriously? Attached to a 26.2 mile bike ride? Give yourself the right credit girl! LOLOL

#6 - I hate crinkling wrapper noises. It will send me through thre roof.

Congrats on the 300 posts. ;)

joyRuN said...

...realize this country has some serious problems (like a lack of public health care, industry taking advantage of the sugar addiction by making processed food so cheap, an elitist middle class, etc.)

Anonymous Ryan, yes there is definitely an obesity problem in this country. But to blame the government & food industry, deflect accountability from the individual, & paint obese Americans as somehow victims is irresponsible & nonsensical.

I also fail to see how class is a factor in obesity. Working in a cardiac unit, I've seen patients of all races, ethnicities, & class come in for an intervention. The common denominator among many of those patients was their abject failure to take responsibility for their health.

MCM Mama said...

You always crack me up! I was bummed the list stopped at 27...

You need to come up to DC to visit. I need more laughter in my life. ;o)

Tyger Lily said...

Thank you for #26 Missy. You are absolutely right!

Anonymous, people need to take responsibility for their actions. Period. If you don't want to be fat, do something about it. I was tired of being fat, got off my ass and lost 50 pounds. It's about choices.

Anonymous Ryan, I love you.

BTW Missy, we have an awful lot in common!

Al's CL Reviews said...

26 pisses me off too

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!