Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend in Review

When hubs is away, we will play! Yeah, not really, I just had tons of workouts, lots of wine to drink with friends and quality time with two dawgs. And it all unfolded like this...

Friday - up and running at 4:45am. Not preferable but sometimes you just have to do it when you can. I had to run for two hours before work. You can officially call me a mall walker. I ran down to the mall and looped their parking lot a few times before heading back. You know the terrain is kinda perfect, gradual grade changes, good road, lights and bushes in which to pee in. What is NOT good is running by Krispy Kreme Donuts and Panera Bread. It was cruel and unusual punishment. The smells coming out was just pure sugar and cinnamon and it was spectacular...OH, but this gel will do. Nasty. 12.5 miles before 7am, book it.

Friday nite I needed a drink or drinks as it were. My Coach and Mrs. Coach were kind enough to have me over to help drain their wine collection. Lots of laughs, as always. Even some exploding wine. After I got home and worked my way to bed, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to have the dogs sleep with me. Ryan is gone, they can have his spot. We don't let them in our bed so this was a big treat. I lift grandma into bed and Magnus makes himself a little nest. Perfect. We're all holding paws and all is well with the world. UNTIL, Magnus is up whirling again, Kasha takes time to clean her paws, back to sleep, OMG what is that smell? Yes, Kasha's ass was near my head and just farting it up. I was awoken from my slumber by the smell of dog farts...next to my head! This was also near Ryan's pillow. I really need to wash the sheets. Now, I remember why I don't let them sleep in the bed.

Yeah, they look so innocent!

Saturday was long ride day - 3:30 hour ride on tap, meeting coach at 10:30. It was gray, overcast, cold, damp and windy. We get talking and I tell him 3-3:30 would be just fine with me and I'll run extra when I get home. As always, tailwind on the outbound. When you're cruising at 24mph and not really working for it, you know you're IN for it on the way back. All was uneventful until we took a wrong turn. Yep, out in nodunkpodunk and we don't know where we are. Yes, I have google maps but I couldn't even tell you which way was north. SOOO, we just starting riding into the headwind, duh. We knew it was going to kick our butts so we just turned into it and started heading back, or what we thought was 'back.' We didn't see anything particularly interesting except for the one guy, waving at us from his truck like a girl, a limp wrist-ed wave, if you will. See, country folk give you the one or two finger salute off the steering wheel (not even the middle finger) so this was weird. His license plate on the front of his truck - CatLvr - this explains everything. Anyway, we make it to a road and store we are familiar with at about 3:15. The thought of calling my dad seriously crossed my mind, bag it and get me home. I didn't want coach to have that in his arsenal of stories, however. Remember when you pussed out and called your daddy? Yeah, I couldn't live with that. We forged on. I saw my front door 4:28 hours later. Add in one cheeseburger and fries + a HOT shower and I was golden. Hunkered down with the kids for the rest of the nite. I don't even know what I watched. Oh, yeah, I bagged the little 30 minute run I was supposed to do. I don't even feel bad about it.

Sunday - was SUPPOSED to be my 10 mile TT. Um, I'm not doing a 10 mile TT in below 40 degree weather. Trainer time! Gross but preferable at this point. Why is it that I can get bundled up and 'cold ride' on a road bike but not my TT? It's just wrong. Swim in the afternoon (4000 metres for my Canadian friends), some pizza with pops and football! Poor Titans. They're looking like the Lions of last year. I have some tickets for sale.

Are we there yet?

24 comments:

Keith said...

Yes, you are there. I'm tired just reading yr zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

NICE WORK!!! I can stop snickering about the company in bed

Bill said...

It always gets interesting when you get lost. I went out for a 20 miler in Gainesville (unfamiliar territory), got a bit lost. Ended up running 22 & 1/4. Oh well, at least the weather was cool for a change.

Dave said...

Sounds like your in the zone...a very good thing. Figure you will kick this next race's arse.

Julie said...

GREAT weekend!!! Way to not wimp out and get that looooooong bike ride done -- headwinds are brutal and soul-sucking - so you get triple points for that ride!! :) :)

Stinky dog farts! LOL!! My dog scares hersef when she farts -- she jumps up, looks around and scurries away. Hahahahahah!!

Molly said...

Getting so close!!! Great job on the weekend workouts. Our pool is right near a donut shop and it kills me to come up for air and smell them.

My dogs too like to cuddle right on my husband's pillow when he's gone and typically right after they've been out digging in the mud.

kristen said...

You better wash that pillow at least! I still can't belive you were out there so long unexpectedly. Yikes. Nice recovery - you definitly deserved that.

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

My dog (a Great Dane) always wants to get in be with me since we moved. Every now and then I give in and he ends up with his butt near my end, gassy, and then running in his sleep. Gotta love them!
You are a machine. I think you are ready.

Jon Gilchrist said...

THAT was one helluva ride...but I bet that cheeseburge and those fries really helped u bounce back!

i heart burger and fries after a long ride...

Jo Lynn said...

I SO would have stopped for a donut on the run. Can't leave that one alone, no way!

Dogs farting in your face - NICE! LOL

Diana said...

OK, the dog farts in the face totally make up for the "catlvr" license plate comment!!! Karma is such a bitch at times isn't it??!!!!
Kick ass workouts sister-I kind of miss those. OK, not really, not yet!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I farted last night too.... I thing I pulled a muscle. So this week's training is post IM events... lots of wine drinking.

Ron said...

DO WORK GIRL. Nice job. Had an interesting experience while at the lake and for some reason I thought of you....you ever farted in your wetsuit? LOL.

Carolina John said...

yea the titans got spanked yesterday. that was nasty. just like a trainer ride. 18 days baby!

Runner Leana said...

Great weekend!! Wow, I feel like a slacker now... The kids are so cute. Every once in awhile it is nice to spoil the pups and let them sleep in bed.

joyRuN said...

Hahaha! I do the same thing when hubs is out of town - I let the kiddies sleep in our bed. Thank gawd they don't fart on my face, they'll just kick it.

Wes said...

Yea, when I let the four dogs in my bed, I got one licking his balls, one scratching her neck, one cleaning her feet, and the other one growling at anything that moves... *le sigh*

Heidi Austin said...

dogs, workouts, and wine... you are so my kinda girl!

Vickie said...

I don't think anyone will ever beat the Lions' "record." Lots of people selling those tickets! I hear you about the under 40 degree weather and riding the trainer. I've pretty much had my fill of 29 degrees and hours in the cold. And I can easily simulate the hills. I am prepared for it just in case though!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Just catching up, you're still going strong! You're almost there, almost! Keep going girl!

Calyx Meredith said...

I would buy those tickets if I were home even the rest of our year is going to be like one long training camp for next year. Our poor Titans! WTF happened?!

I'm getting a tiny bit excited about the race but I don't know if I'll ever be like you and want it to hurry up and be here!

Bets said...

OMG, today, the pool was 83 degrees. It was like a hot tub. The guard supervisor was out with the digital thermometer, all nervous.
It was lovely until the last 1000, when it really felt quite hot!!

ShirleyPerly said...

I could never ride outdoors in sub-40 degs no matter the bike. Way to fight and beat that wind!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

great job. Laughing about the pups in the bed!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!