Saturday, October 24, 2009

100! You lucky devil...

So it's official, I have 100 followers - yay Jason. Hell, I know that at least half of them I have offended and don't come back any longer OR they are out of the bloggy world and have never updated their status. Oh well, I'll enjoy my moment!...to the rest of yous, thanks for stopping by whether you comment or not...but you really should because we're just so much fun over here!

BESIDES the passing of our faithful friend, I have been getting most of the work done. Thank GAWD because I'm here to tell you - you can verbally shoot me next year if I try to sign up for a late season race (long distance tri). All my friends are on to fun stuff and I still have a freakin schedule. HOWEVER, just a few more important days to pack in before I get to taper. Ahhh, taper. I'm not a freak like most of you - I LOVE to taper and welcome the time off (ok, just less work).

Wednesday after we bid farewell to big Kasha, we had to hammer out some ride time to workout the frustration and stress. A solid 30 mile ride with friends who understood our ability or need to talk or not talk, as it were. I would fall into tears at any given moment and very fragile (yes, fragile, that's Italian). I'm like a delicate flower - OK even that made ME laugh.

Thursday morning - on the rapey wooded trail - mile repeats. Coach and I got our wires crossed and I ended up at the rapey wooded one mile trail alone at 5:30 am. To warm up, I just ran back and forth on a lit portion of road and waited. I ain't going 'back there' alone for crying out loud. For reference, my early season mile splits were: 7:27, 7:25, 7:15 and this Thursday (drum roll) 7:17, 7:20 (oops), 7:07 (barftastic). I seriously don't know how you super fast peeps do it. At 7:07, I almost puked BUT I did not pee on myself this time. Bonus! Think dog that gets excited and involuntarily pees on themselves. That's me. Great physical reaction.

I'm looking at a wet road but a dry sky...20 mile TT on tap today. C'mon dry roads!

Sincerest thanks to everyone for their kind words. To those that think I'm crazy and 'it's just a dog,' you're right, she was a dog and she was our dog, our first dog, and she rocked!

25 comments:

Keith said...

Great improvement in split times!!! Yay! Nice to see all the training has had a result.

A delicate flower. Uhuh. yup. Delicate like spun kevlar.

Those people that say "just a dog" clearly do not have their soul connected to their heart. Or anything else.

Keith said...

Oh, and 100 followers! All together now, ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! (bow down and wave hands before face.)

Jody said...

i can't even read your posts without tearing up, and to top it off i tortured myself by watching marley and me again, stupid hbo on demand! sorry about your pup

Julie said...

LOL at the description of a dog peeing on himself -- I feel just like that when I swim hard!! Hahahahaha!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Yes she was a dog, but she was part of your family, like your own kid. We all know dogs are peoples best friend

Congrats on the century, Maybe someday, i might get there, I will run out of good content before that stage.

Judi said...

for those that say "she's just a dog" - well, you know what i'd say? FUCK YOU. my dogs are my kids and i love them just as much as a mother loves her child. so i understand the pain. lucky you that you can have a beer if you want tho. :0)

glad you are looking forward to your taper. i usually do too, and then freak out once i am tapering.

kristen said...

No puking or peeing. Success!

Work it out.

Did somebody actually say that to you?

Jason Andrew Mellet said...

good job on the split times, now you can help me get to 100 and follow my blog right?

Diana said...

You didn't work hard enough if there was no puke!
100 followers! I'm so jealous, I just can't get to an even 30. I know you understand this number thing.....29 is such an awkward number, it's just not right! Come on...someone, make it an even 30 so I can sleep better at night!!!

Ryan said...

Glad I could be part of something that made your day. Keep up the good work.

Aka Alice said...

I have no comment about the "just a dog" comment other than "pffft" and to shake my head. I mean even if someone cold-heartedly thinks that, why in the world would they say something that cruel to someone who is grieving.

I really just don't get it.

You have a great weekend Missy. Hooray for friends who get it and who let you talk (or not) when you need to.

Carly said...

They never are "just a dog"...they are truly part of the family and they are missed as much as a person in my opinion.

Woo Hoo for 100 followers!

MCM Mama said...

Nice times! And woohoo for 100 followers!

She may have been "just a dog", but you loved her and you lost someone special to you. {{{HUGS}}}

Jennifer Harrison said...

GOOD job on the RUN times!!! :) Good luck at B2B, I think that is what is up for you! GO GO! :)

joyRuN said...

7:07?! I woulda been puking, peeing, AND shitting myself to get that speedy.

Ryan said...

There, I added myself to your list...whatever that means. I expect free booze for being the 101st subscriber, payable 11/7 in Wilmington.

Jo Lynn said...

Did someone actually say, "she was just a dog!"? Ooooooh, I hope not! You tell me who said that, and I will kick their ass. I mean it Missy. I may be little but when it comes to matters of the heart (and animals), I'm mighty!!!!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Whoohoo! You have 101 now! :) Enjoy the taper, I quite like that time myself. lol

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Wow... to be young again and even think of getting into the 7s...those were the days, enjoy them young lady.

untpawgal02 said...

Those splits you ran are awesome... way to go on that! I've been out of it when it comes to reading everyones blogs and I'm so sorry to hear about your dog passing away... who I'm so sure was more than "just a dog"!

Bets said...

Can you believe kasha is gone? Good grief. Did you swim to today? I have a horrible eye infection. It is so unsightly and painful, I could not go to swim

Misery
B

FLATOUT JIM said...

Everyone of your friends secretly wants to be doing a November ironman. REALLY!

Now its 101, I can't believe it. Mine are dropping like flies.

Keep up the good work.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I know that at least half of them I have offended

Stop underestimating yourself, IO Missy! You've offended WAAAAY more than half of us! The only reason I come back at all is to jump-start my heart each morning with a fresh does of IO Missy-inspired outrage!

JOKE, sister!

Enjoy the taper and the whole peeing on yourself thing. (I won't judge you.)

Are you seriously serious that some people said "it's just a dog" in response to your post about losing your Kasha?

Wow. I thought I was insensitive!

Tri Mommy said...

Don't feel bad about the pee reaction... after having twins, if I cough while running I pee and I can't do jumping jacks without peeing either.

As for those people who say Kasha was "just a dog" obviously do not know how to love anyone. Just ignore those heartless jerks!

Al's CL Reviews said...

You are almost there! Less than a week!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!