Thursday, September 10, 2009

Weird Ass Workouts!

This week is freakin full of weird ass workouts. Now, I don't mind doing some different kind of stuff, even some hill repeats, even a different stroke in the pool BUT PUHLEEEZE give it to me in even numbers. I'm an engineer and everything has to even. I don't want to swim any stinkin 75's, 75's, WTF is a 75? It's 25 short of a nice even 100 is what it is. EVEN WORSE, 40 x 25 pull DPS on Wednesday nite. OK, can't even keep track of that many and 25, now that's short by 75 for crying out loud. Nice even numbers people.

That's not even the end of it. Track - on tap 9 x 600. Yep, I know you're feeling me now. I think I'd rather do 10 just to be even. What is that anyway, 1 1/2 times around the track? Too weird, I don't even know. I need people to tell me what to do the track - I never ran track and I don't know what all the lines on there mean other than - don't cross or you'll take somebody out, line. Poor Tilghman has to tell me which line I'm supposed to start and stop at EVERY TIME. See, I get real hypoxic and turn into a total 'tard at the track. It's quite a scene.

Besides the weird ass UNEVEN workouts, had a great bike ride on Tuesday nite downtown. Nite riding is not for the faint of heart and you must be properly equipped but it really is fun. Yes, you can see perfectly fine in the dark if you have a proper lite. One scare, a deer that was less than 10ft away from me. Scared the bejebus right out of me. Got in some good swimming and a couple early morning runs. Early morning runs are fun because you get to see the world waking up or going to work or coming home. It's just different. It still creeps me out every time I see someone at the do-it-yourself car wash at 5am in the dark. What is in there? Is there a body in there? Why are you vacuuming NOW? It's dark and you can't see? CREEPY! Can I just say thank gawd for all the people that do all the service jobs around town - emptying the trash at local businesses, making the biscuits, delivering the papers, all that stuff. There's really so much going on when everyone else is sleeping. I did see a black lite on in my neighbors garage at 5am. Bet they were still up and it was still nite not morning. I also saw a hookah in there the other day. Mmmm, curious.

Oh, and yes, all my crap around the house is even, level and it matches. I have no creativity. Yes, even numbers for the workouts PLEASE. It makes me all edgy, can you tell?

26 comments:

Shannon said...

I HATE early morning workouts! I've been teaching a 6am class & just getting in the car and driving to the class sucks! You're my idol!

Ryan said...

What's the purpose of running a 600? Tard!

My wife is an even numbers person too. She sets here alarm for...5:05, or 6:06. She gives me crap if I go out and ride 84.7, "Why didn't you go .3 further?"

Here's the answer honey...I'm not freakin OCD like you!

Ha!

Carly said...

Those workouts would drive me batty. I don't like it when things fall on odd numbers like that.

Nice job on the workouts though! Night riding would scare the be-jeezus outta me.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I woke up at 5:27 this morning in Montreal and ran 3.32 miles around 13 City blocks.... not that I was keeping track....

FLATOUT JIM said...

We had a Prime Minister like that. Mackenzie King. Real kooky. Used to talk to his dead dog.

Now for a shameless plug. If you want to read about wierd ass workouts, check out my latest post!!!!!

Kim said...

i dont work out in the mornings. like ever. Coach Jen gives me 75s at the pool - thats just wrong. and do you know what lines to use if you were to do a 25 yard dash on the track? me neither. so i make it up.

triguyjt said...

so your rooms would have to be square or rectangular..a round room would freak you out??

yes..i always have to end on a full minute..and its usually even

have you ever done a long run and stopped at like 1 hour and 13 minutes...nope..i gotta get it to 1:20...

Beth said...

Speaking for the newbies here ... the abbreviations are killin me. I gotta go cipher this out. DPS? What the heck is that? Maybe I haven't gotten to that chapter of Total Immersion yet??? So much to learn :)

Keith said...

Even numbers are the way to go. The ONLY way to go. If my run walk intervals or hard/easy on the bike trainer don't add to a multiple of 10, I'm hooped. I'd get all messed up if everything doesn't always end at the same end of the pool.

My guess at DPS is that it's an effort indication. Don't Puke or Shart.

Wes said...

LOL... coach sez I'm a numbers guy... ya think?

Tri Mommy said...

I'm an even numbers person too. There's something to it that just makes "sense"!!

Carolina John said...

Don't be fooled. Ryan has his own set of OCD's (peeing sitting down? Really?)

I'm an even number even wear type of chick too. but night riding still scares the bejesus out of me. that's why i hit the gym for 20 miles on the stationary last night.

Susi said...

i'm with ya on the even steven stuff sista! oh and i love running in the morning before the world wakes up. is very peaceful. well, unless someone is vacuuming their car and the noise breaks the silence? haha.

Bets said...

I hated our swim workout last night.
40 x 25 with paddles. I almost fell asleep.
And yes, i think it was only 2050. I'm sure you got in a better warm up than I did. Did I forget anything?Oooh, wait no, it should be 3050, right?

Molly said...

You really are my twin. Cussing like a sailor AND everything has to be even numbers! 75s in the pool drive me NUTS. I mentally rewrite them as I do them and turn them into 50s or 100s because those MAKE SENSE.

Glad training is going well! I've had some weird workouts lately too...guess our coaches are trying to throw us off a little :)

Alisa said...

Seriously what is the point of a 600!? I don't understand?!?!?!?!

However, I disagree about the pool. I actually kinda like 75's because two 75's makes 150 and four makes 300. I do hate 25's...why not just make them 50's?

As for the morning workouts. I think I do better with morning workouts in the winter since I know it'll be dark when I get home too. I have a hard time with morning workouts in the summer when I know it'll be daylight for hours after work.

Jo Lynn said...

I was actually doing 75's yesterday, just to mix things up. How funny is that? It will keep you on your toes a little.

Making biscuits? Here, they are up early making donuts! Yummmm.

Diana said...

I am a huge fan of the early morning workouts....hello, second shifter here for the last 20 years! Nothing better than a jump in the lake with my 6am seagull friends!
OCD rules! I would never end a run or ride on a "point" something which brings me to the 5k.....WTF is with the "point 1" crap-definitely made up by a man!
Thank God my "hang" times must be 15 seconds, can you imagine if they were a different number? More stress, yipppeeee!!!

joyRuN said...

Sounds like you got some beeeyooootiful workouts done!

I love 5am. It's hard to get out there, but it's a different world for sure.

Dave said...

all right Missy...need to work a bit on the Right Brain development a bit...think outside the box....;-) and when you run all night...there are times when I think....what are you doing in a middle school parking lot at 4:00 in the morning?

aron said...

haha omgosh all those weird numbers would make me crazy too :)

mmbaker said...

600's make perfect sense to those in the "industry". Hee Hee! Triswami will post his explanation, later.

kristen said...

I freakin HATE 75's in the pool. Why can't I just start and stop in the same place, you know where all my equipment is. annoying.

I don't do track workouts at the track so I would have no clue where to stop. But more importantly - 600's? Never heard of em.

KK said...

AGREED. 75s are the worst, ESPECIALLY when you have to then break them into things like 50 free, 25stroke. C'mon people, get it together.

We never saw you in KY (boo dude!). Did you have fun? We had a blast! How'd your friend do?

I liked your persepctive on the happenings of the early morning-so true that there is so much going on. Very cool.

theloosemoose said...

I'm all OCD about the even numbers, as well. It's kinda sad, really.

And I also have no freakin' IDEA what all those random lines on the track mean. And I'm a runner!! I use my Garmin at the track because while I know that 4 laps = 1 mile, I'm never sure which line to stop at. Is it the same line that I began at? And I know that the inner lane is less distance than the outer lanes, but it's just all too damned much for me. They need to make "Running at the Track For Dummies"

ShirleyPerly said...

I can't stand swimming 75s or running 600s, 1000s or that uneven stuff either! Maybe a right brain left brain thing? Whatev, they should be banned.

And I don't dare night ride in my Orlando neighborhood. Might get shot, raped or worse ...

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!