Thursday, September 17, 2009

Training, mmm?

Recovery week in full affect:

Monday - arse firmly planted on sofa for Monday Night Football...I can't believe the Bills just handed that game over.

Tuesday - regular nite ride on tap. Um, yeah, rain, rain and more rain. OK, let's go get beers instead. CHECK, beers with friends instead. No worries, I say, I can still pack everything in.

Wednesday - short run, 3ish miles at ihavenoidea pace, running from the storm. Swim, there was a bunch of other stuff but 40 x 50's??? Yep, hard to keep count, as you might imagine.

Thursday - bike, rain or shine, trainer or outside. I loathe the trainer.

More workouts on tap, don't want to lose my edge. I am starting to get edgy about B2B. I guess I'm just feeling ready and I want to DO IT already. Oh well. A few more solid weeks of training will only make me better, right?

In dog news...

Grandma, aka Kasha, is well, old. She's adapting to not feeling her hind legs. She just doesn't know they're there. I'm truly going to bust my arse one of these days carrying her down the steps. I'm not that graceful.


Magnus and his cone are fine. Came through his ulcerated eye biz with flying colors. EXCEPT, now we have a sideways dog. This picture doesn't do him justice because it just looks like he's being cute with his head cocked to the side. Nope, that's how it is ALL the time. There's an old dog inner ear fluid imbalance issue he's got going on so everything he does - to the left. Gawd bless these hounds, I swear. It's supposed to just pass in about a week. I surely hope so. Who wants a dog that can only turn left, kinda like NASCAR.

15 comments:

Diana said...

Nothing wrong with NASCAR! Paint a #17 on his back side and you've got it happening!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

poor pup :(

I'm not ready for the trainer yet. You're gonna kick butt at B2B!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I don't know how you keep track of 40 50's.

Magnus going left made me giggle.

Carolina John said...

we've been seeing the same storm. not fun.

i'm sick of the trainer too. why can i sit on the stationary bike for hours at the gym, but the trainer kills all motivation after 30 minutes? fuggit abut it.

kristen said...

poor pups.

40 x 50 wth? How do you keep track of that? Anything larger than 6 and I'm out.

glad to see your making full use of recovery week!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Anxious about a half? Stroll in the park... Hell, make lunch reservations for 1. That should be inspiration enough...

Alisa said...

40 x 50...hope you had a lap counter!

Cute puppy, I like comment #1, give him a # tat and he's ready for the big league.

B2B is coming up!

Runner Leana said...

Aw, get well Magnus! The trainer...that is a bad word around these parts! I'm not willing to give in yet either, and with this being Calgary it could be 85F one day, snowing the next. You never know!

ShirleyPerly said...

40x50?! I'd definitely need someone else to do the lap counting. I lose count getting to 5 sometimes ...

Kevin said...

There is no way I could keep track of 40 x 50 in my head. I have enough trouble keeping track of laps on my longer swims. I picked up a sport count that is a little ring that tracks laps and time

MCM Mama said...

Poor pups!

Good job on the relaxing and the training.

Judi said...

awww poor baby!

untpawgal02 said...

40 50s is alot... how the heck did you keep track of them... and what kind of interval did you do them on?

Sherry said...

I'm so sorry...I really don't mean to laugh b/c I love ALL fur-babies, but your description of Magnus is cracking me up! "Kinda like NASCAR!" Poor pup!!!!

Jess said...

Such a cute dog! Hope recovery is going well.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!