Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mountain Lakes Sprint Tri

What I learned today...

Not every race can be a PR.

Alabama street signs all have two names and not all of them are on your 'direction sheet.'

I DON'T like racing with no computer or watch.

I DO like getting races early to set up all my shiz in a logical manner - rather than dumping it into a pile (like I did today).

Team Magic puts together a kick ass race with killer prizes and schwag.

Full report to come but I ended 7th out of 38 in my AG - swim was ok, bike was good BUT ended with 8:13ish/mile for the run (3 miles). Not what I anticipated or hoped for but not distraught or anything. Slightly pissed (at myself), just thought I had more in me. Didn't get warmed up on the run for about 2 miles, uh, yeah, it was only 3 miles.

More to come, thanks for all the well wishes.


Missy

18 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

I'm looking forward to hearing ALL about it. 7th place ain't shabby at all. Atta girl!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

nicely done on the 7th! Neat idea to try without the gadgets..just to see. now you know, and you'll kick the next one's ass. :)

untpawgal02 said...

You can't place and PR everytime girlie! Looking forward to hearing all about you race!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Way to go coming in 7th in your AG, sister!

Get that report up already!

Diana said...

I would not be able to run without music-the rest of the crap, no problem. Then again when you're as slow as I am, no need to see it on a electronic readout!
7th is great.

kristen said...

Can't win em all girl. Sounds like you still rocked it. 7th is nothing to be upset about.

Dave said...

still really good Missy....did you have a good time?...then it was a great day...you got to do a TRI!!!

theloosemoose said...

Well done. :)

I was thinking you'd be missing your Garmin. Can't wait to read all about it.

Sherry said...

Looking forward to your RR! 7 out of 38 is nothing to balk at... at all! You did great! Sleep well tonight!

Beth said...

Right on! You did great! Looking forward to hearing the details.

Wes said...

8:13 miles is pretty damn awesome in my book :-) so is 7th AG... Way to rock it!!

Chloe said...

Alabama is an odd state - but at least they have street signs. As long as you had a great time - that is all that matters! Congrats on awesome place :)

MCM Mama said...

Looking forward to the report! I couldn't run a race without at least a watch, but preferably my garmin...

Alisa said...

Well...every race we learn something right? Sorry it wasn't your day but 7th out of your AG is still way better than I will ever do!

Susi said...

dude, i love your positive spirit no matter what happens! ps, i think you rocked, just in case ya didn't know it! :)

Carly said...

Sounds like you did a great job! Looking forward to the full report.

joyRuN said...

You'd still kick my @$$, even though it's not a PR for you!

Lucky #7!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on the placing!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!