Monday, August 24, 2009

It's good to have a stiff one...or two...

...the shoes, the shoes you freakin sick-O. It was unbelievable. Tested out the new super carbon-Y shoes and it was amazing. I was just on a casual ride but the power transfer was noticeable for sure. I didn't feel like my energy was wasted in the flex of the shoe. So far no issues. I know others have talked of hot spots or rub points when the shoe gets harder. So far, so good.

The only issues I had - twice I couldn't clip in...user error. They were both at the most unfortunate spots too...when I was sitting at a stoplight and it changed. Yep, I was that guy, fiddling around, trying to get clipped in, the guy everyone honks at. Oh well. What can ya do? Still felt like a weenie and wanted to yell, I'm not new, I'm not new.

Ever look at your training schedule for the week and wonder when it's all going to happen? With everything else I have going on, like work and Ironman cheering, I don't know when it's all going to come together. Guess that's why I got up at 4:15am on a Monday.

P.S. Hug your mommy today if you can. If you are a mommy, hug your kids. Mine passed away, 11 years ago today. I miss her tons and she was, by far, the funniest, most fun, silly person I've ever know. Just the best.

17 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I will raise a toast to your Mom tonight.
Hope you have a good day.
Cheers!

Carolina John said...

I know you're missing your mom today. so sorry.

TRI-james said...

Try to remember the good times without the saddness - Iknow, easier said than done.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

hugs to you today...

glad you liked the shoes!

Diana said...

Mom's dyeing way too early just plane sucks. Big hug.

FLATOUT JIM said...

Stiff One? Not even going there.

Sorry bout your MOM she was beautiful.

Runner Leana said...

I'm sorry Missy.

Glad that you love the new shoes. I look like a dork at every stop light. I still haven't figured out how to clip in gracefully.

Jo Lynn said...

You get up WAY too early for my liking, girl!

I know I'm so lucky to have my 76 year old mommy to see or talk to every day if I want to. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

Your mom sure is beautiful.

untpawgal02 said...

Glad you shoes worked out pretty well :) Oh and when I see my mom sometime today... she'll get a big hug :)

kristen said...

Your mother is stunning! Thanks for the message. I will do that. I'll be thinking of you.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Hugs to you on missing your mom.

LOL at the stiff one, and being a newbie!

joyRuN said...

Hugging my kids. They're complaining I'm hugging them too much. I say there's no such thing :)

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Cheers to your Mom - I know that today is tough. Sending you both good vibes and I'll think of my Mom...

YEA for the shoes - excellent!

Southbay Girl said...

I will toast your mom as well today! And when i go on a sunset run, I'll say a little something for her! I hope you have a good day!

Carly said...

Cheers to Missy's Momma! ((hugs to you)) I know today must be hard. I always love the stories you tell about her.

Bets said...

I knew your mom's anniversary was close, can you believe it has been this long. Did you have dinner with your dad? Great pic of your mom btw?

ShirleyPerly said...

Glad to hear the new shoes worked well! I really should replace my 3-strappers ...

And hang onto those great memories of your mom. I lost my dad 17 years ago and still miss him.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!