Monday, August 31, 2009

Ironman Louisville 2009!

Full report to come but the event did not disappoint. I will catch up with everyone on Tuesday or Wednesday but suffice it to say, Ironman Louisville was a total success on so many levels. The athletes kicked some serious ass on Sunday - some you may know and a lot more that we don't. BUT, it was the most perfect day you could ask for...for Louisville in August. I think the high was around 80, no joke. PERFECT!

Thought you might like a few pictures from the event. I don't have any of the athletes because we were busy cheering them on. If you were there, I sure hope you saw us! We take our job very seriously and will cheer every daYum person. It's a long day, 140.6 miles is no freakin joke....We may have achieved our 140.6 beer goal for the day as well.

Me and my swim coach

At the ~40ish and ~80ish mile marker on the bike - rockin our cheer line! There was a free flash to anyone that went by, maybe a moon here and there, whatever it takes. WE will do whatever it takes to get a smile out of those athletes - amateur and pro alike.



Just before the swim start...just before the angry pirate stepped on my foot with a bike shoe (OUCH!)

This was my run poster for my coach that I did not get up in the concrete jungle.
So much more to come! Can't wait to hear about everyone's weekend and the weekend of racing. I DO love an ironman - not enough to sign up for another. I'm still eying that 24 hour tri...

20 comments:

Susi said...

that's what was missing out here at ironman canada....YOUR CHEER TEAM!! love the pics and i'm sure the athletes appreciated it. i know i appreciated the cheerleaders out here...especially the dude dressed up as Tigger!

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, great racing weather at IMKY and I'm sure that made spectating a lot nicer too. That's a sport in itself, for sho!

Jill said...

How FUN!!! Thanks for the pix.
Cannot wait for the whole report. I will be there next year - no doubt.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You heard that Ryan got the Kona spot?

Kim said...

OMG hilarious! wish i was there with you cheering everone on! youre the best cheerleader of all time! (and the hottest. and maybe the drunkest?!)

MCM Mama said...

Awesome! Looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to hear more!

Marci said...

If I ever do an Ironman, can I hire your people, I would need that hilarity!!

Diana said...

With you as my personal "cheerleader", doing an IM just might get done! LOL!

Jo Lynn said...

Did you see how long your stinkin' arm is in that second picture? Holy crap! I know, all that talk and all those pics and that's what I comment about? Okay, I love the lavendar hair. ;)

Aka Alice said...

The purple wig is soooooo you! LOVE IT!

joyRuN said...

Looks like an awesome freakin' time! And I'm SURE the athletes appreciated it - I know I would've LOVED it.

TRI-james said...

No doubt - you guys could hire yourselves out for race support!

Carolina John said...

glad you had fun missy! sounds like a blast.

Amanda said...

You guys were awesome!! After the first loop, getting to your guys again was what I was looking forward to. Thanks for coming out and cheering on!!!

kristen said...

Yup, definility my kind of cheerleaders. I love that one with the woman in the background looking at you guys like your a bunch of freaks.

Michele said...

I sure hope y'all plan to make the trip again next year.

Amy said...

OMG, I totally, totally saw you on the bike!!!!!!! I cheered you guys on and had no idea it was you. Too fun! I had the best time...thank you for coming out and cheering. It was incredible.

Alisa said...

So awesome!

Sherry said...

Oh, what fun! LOVE the costumes!!! It's folks like you who MAKE these races FUN!!!

Runner Leana said...

I read Judi's race report and I think she saw you?
http://milesandmadness.blogspot.com/2009/09/ironman-louisville-bike.html
Unless there were a lot of other girls in purple wigs cheering folks on out there..!

Can you come to Ironman Canada next year and do that for me? Or did you sign up for IMKY next year??

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!