Thursday, August 20, 2009

I put the 'tard in uniTARD!

Not a TON to report on this week as it is a recovery week for me, some swimmin, some cyclin, some running - not too much of anything. I love me some recovery time physically and mentally. In fact, I didn't post on Tuesday because, well, I had nothin' for ya! But today...

On Wednesday, I did a baby brick, ~20ish mile ride and a 3 mile run all in my new uniTARD. Yep, coach got uniforms for us. Since I went to Catholic school for 12 years, I am not afraid of a uniform. In fact, I find them much easier than 'regular people' clothes (partially because I have NO fashion sense). ANYWAY, it was a good day to test this bitch out. As you ALL know, I'm a fan of the one piece speedo for racing. I just find it free enough but holds in my soft gooey center. I can't manage that for 70.3, though. Those girls must have some seriously tough cooter bones to handle it for that long. I have forever struggled with what to wear for a half that will hold me together without the busted biscuit affect OR just look like a sausage. ENTER, one piece uniform. Thank GAWD triswami had enough fashion sense for it to be dark on the bottom. The fit, for me, is pretty good. I was hoping for it to be a bit tighter on top BUT tighter on top also means shorter and shorter will mean GIANT camel toe for this tall biatch. So, I stuck with the medium.

The bike in my new uni - it was a short bike so I didn't have to deal with those baby sized pockets that will hold half a gel or something. All around, very comfortable, very wicking on this super humid day. The top portion was just soaked and the bottom just looked like I peed myself. I guess the fabric was doing it's job. It didn't pull or feel funky in anyway. I have NO clue how I'm supposed to go pee in this thing...actually, I DO know but I really don't want to pee ON myself. I don't know that it was tight enough to hold me together but at least the bottom portion was dark so it helped with the illusion. The fabric was so slick that I kept sliding off the back of my seat. Nice. I was on my road bike and not my TT bike so I'll have to do this exercise again to see how my other seat 'hits me' with that super mini chamois in it. Ryan also wants to know where my boobs went in this thing.

The run in my new uni - my goal was to just run a fast first mile with good turn over and then roll for the remaining two. The uni felt great on the run as well, the fabric has perfect, flat lock seems, great leg grippers. HOWEVER, I could feel my baby jiggling, my water baby. Every time I would run by a parked car, I'd look at my profile to see if the baby was growing and he was. DaYum, I hate that. I don't know how to avoid it other than stop drinking....not going to happen. I'm thirsty for crying out loud. With each parked car, I was just hoping that it wasn't making a roll.

Overall rating, two thumbs up except for one feature....coach put THIS Michigan State (Go Green, Go White!) grad in University of Michigan colors (Maze and Blue...BARF!). That's like putting an FSU grad/fan in 'Gator colors, sheesh. BESIDES that, I like the new uniTARD. I will be testing it out on some longer rides, some TT rides just to see how I can manage with it. I am hopeful. I am also hopeful that this could be my ticket to some race pictures that don't make me look like a sausage. Fingers Crossed!

I'm loving my KSwiss miSouls. I had to return the ugliest shoes in America because they just weren't doing it for me. Traded them in for an extra pair of miSouls! Magnus loves him some salty legs, he can't help himself.

27 comments:

Oz Runner said...

nice looking outfit, except for the colors, that was the first thing i thought when i saw the color too...maybe you can wear a mich state hat or something...lol about how to pee in that suit

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Sweet visor... gotta get one of those

Beth said...

You are hilarious. Love the UNI!!! I have a water baby, too. Actually, I think there's more than water in there ;-)

joyRuN said...

Now would you swim in that too? Looks like it would be hard to yank that bitch up my wet jiggly self, unless I dive into a vat of aquaphor first.

And 20ish bike ride is SHORT? SBJ. What do you think about that whole time?

Chloe said...

SWEET racing suit :) but yeah - not a fan of the colors. At least it's not all white or yellow or some other light color. See through suits make me want to throw up a bit.

So glad you love the KSwiss! Who would have thought they would have such sweet racing shoes??

Al's CL Reviews said...

I thought the colors were Gold and Black, so I liked it but I hear ya on that...I won't wear red and black, ever.
(GT/UGA).

Love Magnus licking the legs!

I think you look cute in your unitard (because I know cute is the look you were going for).

Lauren said...

Haha. My dog does that too. What a cute picture.

MCM Mama said...

Cute uni! I'd totally need the girdle version to hold in my "water baby" (or really, in my case, the leftovers from having two kids)

Shannon said...

I think you look hott, camel toe and all! j/k (I'm so tacky)

At least you didn't have to jump over blue balls with it on!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

love the tri suit! I'm so not looking forward to sausage roll race pics of me this weekend. ugh.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Since I went to Catholic school for 12 years, I am not afraid of a uniform.

Yeah, but I bet you get the shakes every time you see a ruler, huh, sister?

Lookin' HAWT in yer unitard, IOM!1! I'd spank that with a ruler!1!

(I'd also spank a chick in a naughty Catholic girl's uniform, BTW. Yeah, like I'm TEH ONLY ONE who would!1!)

Runner Leana said...

Looking hot in the unitard Missy!! Love the shot of Magnus licking your legs. Finlay is like that too.

Glad to hear the suit is comfortable!

Susi said...

i can't do the unitard. it's the whole pee issue. go figure. lookin good on ya sista. sorry they aren't your colours though.

sigh. i love magnus. he's just the most adorable little guy.

Keith said...

That's some tri suit. Now I'm puzzled, how can it make your boobs disappear, but not your water baby?

Jon Gilchrist said...

great blog...I laffed quite a bit. jsut foudn yuor blog..and thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep on enjoying your recovery time!!

kristen said...

What are you going to name your water baby? I've delivered twins before.

Forget the peeing issue - what if you have to take a shit real quick? Does that happen in a longer course?

Overall - You look HOT!

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Okay - so we TOTALLY have the exact same issues with the half ironman distance + what-to-race-in issue. Yes - I LOVE the bathing suits for oly and sprints...because, really - good tummy control and, um, yeah. :) But for the longer stuff...? Ugh. I've worn a different outfit for each race I've done this year - not including a complete wardrobe change in IM. So... I suppose that makes 5. BUT - I *think* I finally found "the one" at my last race.

I DO like the one piece - only concern is if you suddenly have to pop into a porto-potty and, um....do your business. Yeah....ONLY thing. Once piece bathing suit - you've got the same issues...hhhhmmmm.....

And YES - I LOVE recovery weeks! :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Hee, I got me a water baby too!

I've always been afraid to wear one piece suits like that because of the how-the-hell-do-I-pee aspect. I can't pee on myself either during the bike or run. And it looks like such a pain to have to take off to do so. Look forward to hearing (not necessarily seeing) what you end up doing there ;-)

Molly said...

LOL as always! Love the new suit - very snappy! I have the same problem with one-pieces though - so much hassle to pull them down in a rickety portajohn mid-race to pee. Hope it works well for your delicate parts on the bike!

At least a race belt (or fuel belt) sorta hides the belly on the run in a race.

Aka Alice said...

LOL at the water baby...hahahahaha

Yep...I think you're gonna be nekked in the porta-potty. Make sure you lock the door.

Carolina John said...

looking good girl! gotta fix those colors though.

Carolina John said...

ah, and i almost forgot. ya gotta nekkid up to dump down when wearing the one piece! us fellas have to do the same thing. ya get used to it.

i love my one piece tri suit. it rocks everywhere. long rides and all.

untpawgal02 said...

Glad you can stand the one piece thing... cause i sure can! As for the colors... at lest it stands out very well!

Jo Lynn said...

The girls are supposed to be flattened down so they can't move.
Water baby? HA!
And I've never seen a picture of you where you look like a sausage.

Wes said...

I saw some of dem uni-tards at the race on Sunday... I thought they were nice lookin, but would be much HAWTER in Auburn blue and orange :-)

A catholic school girl, eh.... That explains much! hahahaha!!

aron said...

lol i have water babies too and always call them that... also food babies :)

Dave said...

diggin the UNI...think I will stick with trail running for right now...

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!