Thursday, August 6, 2009

Birthday Cake!

I've officially eaten my weight in Ryan's birthday cake. I should never jump on the scale after such an episode. That is just evil and wrong. I don't know that it's ever been right but I use it for consistency purposes rather than the actual number. Um, apparently, I need to eat a leaf and bean for lunch and by a bean I mean one. The sprint this weekend in my bathing suit might have a little more to show than normal. Watch out guys, might be getting a little cheeky! Oh well, the cake was good, if it matters.

Did my 10 mile TT - sad, very sad. Conditions were not optimal but the timing was right so we did it. DaYum crosswind was a struggle to hold onto that bike. Target of 20mph average was missed, 19.8mph is where I came in. I was disappointed since my 20 mile TT was 19.4 under similar conditions. I guess I know I need to work on my 'big gear' - my big internal gear. BESIDES that, a swim, another killer fun bike (that would be in the hills on my road bike), and a run where I almost melted. Don't know about you but it's been unseasonably cool here this year. I ran in the middle of the afternoon Tuesday, yep, thee hottest day for the year so far. When my HR spiked after ~4 miles, I just slowed down to bring it down...I ended up having to walk it out because the HR just wouldn't come down, dang it. A good run foiled. Oh well, it ended up as a nice day at the park.

So there it is, track this morning with coach, 400's on tap, blech. Give me 13 miles any day, this short shit is for the birds. I know, I know, I'm the one that said I wanted to get faster, I get it. Rest tomorrow and then to Alabama for a sprint - sans gadgets, no nothing. I'm excited to test this out and may have even talked a few others in joining me. We'll see if we can break our A type/OCD nature!!!

To the track...

28 comments:

Shannon said...

WEIGHING IN AFTER EATING CAKE?!? WTH- is wrong with you? I think the chlorine has seeped into your brain and has caused you some sort of retardation. ;)

BTW, good luck this weekend, make it fun! :::muah:::

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck this weekend

Ryan said...

I had birthday brownies and they seem to make my white tri shorts a little more transparent due to the extra stretching of the material to fit around my ass. Lucky Girls in Louisville...and some guys too I guess.

I have Irongirls on my Tivo so when I sit down I'll be looking for you, yes in a creepy sort of way.

FLATOUT JIM said...

Have you ever done an ITT WITHOUT a crosswind?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Sherry said...

LOL @ the cake eating! YUMMY!

"Unseasonably cool"... oh, I'm not even going to go there. GREEN.WITH.ENVY!

Enjoy the track workout! Bust it out!

Beth said...

Birthday cake is sooooo evil - and so yummy! Good luck this weekend! Looking forward to the race report!

Dave said...

hate the speed work...gotta do though...did one mile intervals Tuesday...and wanted to puke....

d

Wes said...

What's 0.2 amongst friends ;-)

Keith said...

What a tease you are. So many important issues left unmentioned. What KIND of cake? Was it bigger than your head? Did it have icing, and if so, how thick was it? Did you eat it all in one go, or spread out over several hours? Did the cake have candles? Because it's a fact that if you take the candles out of birthday cake, the calories leak out through the candle holes. I'll bet you didn't know that.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Woo-hoo! Get pix of the promised @$$-cheekiness!

Then SHARE!1!

It was cool here in Joisey, too, all May, June and July. Now it's August and - Cliché Alert!1! - it's not the heat, it's the f*cking humidity.

And rain. O ... we gotz rain,sister!

Carolina John said...

i ate way too much birthday cake too last month with my birthday. kelley made one and i ate most of it. kids had some, she had none. it was useless.

Deb said...

I hate doing the short stuff too but I guess it makes you faster...perhaps I'll have to actually spend some time on the track this year before my next marathon! Have fun and good luck this weekend!

TRI-james said...

I miss the fast stuff - maybe next month.

Bill said...

My weakness is Key-lime pie. Put a Key-lime pie in front of me and it doesn't stand a chance.

Amanda said...

Oh, how I love birthday cake. ANd that's why I don't eat it :)

Yes, it's been unseasonably cool, which has the crap scared out of me for IMKY. It's only 100 miles from where I live, but our luck, it'll be blistering that day.

Good luck this weekend. Lay it all on the line. See how your bike split goes there!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Now me, I always weigh in after long rides and severe dehydration to make myself feel good.

Runner Leana said...

Sorry to hear the TT didn't go as well as you wanted. I find the wind makes things tough no matter what!

I'm with Keith...what kind of birthday cake was it?

Hope the track went well for you!

kristen said...

Girl, don't ya know speedwork is wehre it's at! Sorry the TT isn't what you wanted. Was it before or after the cake?

Have a great race this weekend. All balls to the wall!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Great job on TT and good luck this weekend!! I think you'll do great :)

Susi said...

here's to being nekid (technologically speakin) in alabama! hoot hoot! have a great time there!

oh, and what woman in her right mind weighs herself after eating tons of bday cake?? LOL.

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job at the TT, even if it wasn't EXACTLY where you wanted to be!

And even though I kinda like intervals on the track, I do hear what you're saying about 400s. They eat on me!

Alisa said...

Leaf and a bean....haha!

Good luck this week weekend, you're going to kill it!

Sorry 'bout the TT, you'll get there, I have no doubts about it.

I hear ya on the "short shit" but I too, need to work on getting faster.

Jo Lynn said...

Crap! I missed the cake! Am I too late for the cake? Ugh.

Have fun this weekend. Do good, but really, HAVE FUN!

joyRuN said...

Birthday cake has 0 calories. Always.

I hear you about this short shit. Although I can't get myself to do the long shit either. GAH!

theloosemoose said...

No Garmin???!!!!? AHHH!!!!
Good luck. Have fun. Post immediately afterwards.

Amy said...

I can't resist b-day cake either. That's why we workout, right? You'll kick ass this weekend, good luck!

She-Fit said...

Oh... never ever ever weight yourself after eating cake :) haha. Glad it was worth it though :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

MMM, cake

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!