Monday, July 27, 2009

WE put the WE in WEekend

We haven't had this much togetherness since idon'tknowwhen. Thankfully, we still like each other a bunch and had fun in that low key fun kinda way. No great parties or howling at the moon, just us, just some Tour de France (NOW what am I gonna watch), some swimming, some Ironman on TV Saturday, some meals out, some bike rides and one too many drinks on Friday nite. Holy crap. I get through one TUMBLER of a Danger Bob Margarita and ask for another. Well, he was most certainly happy to oblige...drunk wife, hells yes. It made for a rough Saturday! How DO YOU fix a hangover? A run in the heat, of course! After I got through the first mile in my new shoooze, I thought I was going to barf on the neighbors lawn, then I did a little bit of the penguin waddle because you can't trust a fart when you're running, then, it all kinda went away - I felt better and just ran. Oh, except for the fact that I was so full of fluids that my gut sloshed and I was pregnant with a water baby (see picture, jeeze, what are ya 4 months?). I started to think about how much fluid I pounded AFTER the Danger Bob Margarita nite - at 5am, one Sprite and two Endurolyte tabs, half of a nasty Dr. Pepper, back to bed. Up at 830, still haven't peed, water, two cups of coffee and then went for my fabled run. It wasn't as disastrous as it could have been. I didn't run home crying or anything. I did smell a little like tequila, though. ***Danger Bob Margarita are the cocktails I talk about regularly. The link above has the recipe. Bob is a good friend of ours and these are primO. I suggest high end oj or fresh squeezed. This is the tequila!

Today is the day, today is the day my training plan starts in earnest. I've been at it all along but it's time to buckle down and go with the plan. It will most certainly include longer rides and more time at the track for some puke sessions with my favorite peoples. I have enjoyed B+ Missy for a while but I'm sure A(type) will be out shortly. I'll try to go for A- this time and be a little bit flexible, for crying out loud. This IS the plan of PAIN. I told coach that I want a PR at Beach2Battleship....by about 20 minutes. For 70.3, that's a tall order. So, with my big girl panties on and some compression socks, I'm ready, I'm ready to play!

21 comments:

Keith said...

To avoid a hangover, you drink one big glass of water, for every alcoholic drink. Coffee, soda, dairy, none of these count as water. Pee as needed. Doesn't everybody know this?

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I always enjoy a run where I'm sweating out alcohol. ;o)

Good luck with the training plan. I'll pull up a chair and watch, while I continue my lazy, not training for anything lifestyle.

ShirleyPerly said...

Can't trust a fart when you're running - HA! So true :-)

Good luck with your training. B2B is certainly a PR course with the tide-assisted swim, cool weather and flat course. I'm not-so-secretly hoping for a PR too.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

OMG, your line about not trusting the fart cracked me up! LOL I was still a bit wobbly for my ride sunday. ugh. I'm so excited to watch your training plan in action, I'm so inspired!

Btw, I was wondering what to watch now that the TdF is over too! :(

Carolina John said...

game on! get on that training plan.

Chloe said...

Oh man. I knew I should have texted you on Saturday! I was SO HUNG OVER as well. Props to you for getting out and running!!

Diana said...

I have no gallbladder now and suffer from irritable bowel......please, you are talking to queen of "snuck out" farts! I dropped one in what I thought was a "comatose" patients room last night at work and found out that they were very much with it! Yay.........funny as hell!

IronBob said...

I would have watched the IM World Championships had our local NBC station not scheduled the Humane Society telethon in its place.

I love animals, but COME ON!!! The damn headquarters for World Triathlon Corp is 30 miles north of Tampa for Gods sake.

TRI-james said...

Running is the best cure for a hangover – it is all of the repenting.

Wes said...

Tempt me not evil alcoholestress with your tails of fine wine, loose/sloshy women, and a-ight runs with a hangover....

Bring on the pain! LOL... Which reminds me. My legs hurt....

Amy said...

Can't wait to try the rita receipe! Congrats on running....I always want to run when I'm hungover but can never motivate enough to follow through.

Can't wait to meet you at IMKY. And see your costume. :)

Jo Lynn said...

I was laughing so hard, I had to read the part about barf and fart out lout to my husband. LOL
It's early for me to be laughing like that. Thanks though. ;)

theloosemoose said...

If you puke up a Danger Bob on those shoes it might tone 'em down a bit.

And you are SO right about those running farts. :)

Good luck with the training.

RBR said...

Christ. Only you could make ugly turquoise shoes look cute.

Whatever. Stupid little people.

-Bitter McBitterston from Bitterville

Marci said...

How sad is it that I can relate to the "sobering up" during a run. How exciting that training begins today for BTB. I've heard that a great event!

joyRuN said...

I remember getting over a hangover by running in the brutal heat once - those first few minutes are MURDER.

I did a little bit of the penguin waddle because you can't trust a fart when you're running ...such true words of wisdom. Why doesn't Runners' World tell new runners about this?

Runner Leana said...

How you got out to run is beyond me! I would have popped an Advil and gone straight back to bed. Well, although truth be told I have raced before on a wee itty bitty hangover...but I'm not going to tell which race that was! ;)

If you think your water baby is good, you should have seen the air baby I had after an open water swim recently. I looked like 6 months along!

AKA Alice said...

Dehydrated? Just a little...

Can't trust a fart...hahahahahaha

Keith's advise is spot on...the only problem is remembering to do it!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hahahahahaha! Laffin my farty @$$ off at Diana's comment!

drunk wife, hells yes. It made for a rough Saturday!

O, sister, even if you DIDN'T mean sex here, that's how I'm gonna read it!

"Yee-haw!1! Break out the whips and leather masks, honey! I'm DRUNK!1!"

Jes said...

You can't trust a fart while running is yet another lesson I had to learn the hard way.

I'm totally psyched to sit on my ass and read about all the hardcore training you're gonna be doing. Good luck with the PR!!!

Kevin said...

Definitely cant trust a fart.

I am doing B2B for my first full. It sounds like other then some wind it is a fast course

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!