Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tour de France!

Happy Fourth! Enjoy your time and thank a soldier!


Now, the Tour de France starts today. I'm amp'd up and ready to get this run in before it starts. Ah, all the wasted ours of watching on TV. Another Floyd Landis deal and I'll freak out - I want those hours of my life back...even if he is/was innocent!

Yes, I pull this picture out every year at this time. I'm pretty sure that Bobke is NOT mad here. Ha, yep, met him and he is hilarious. Plus, there was a line of guys behind us waiting to meet him. Do you think that's why he hung onto us for at least 10 pictures?!


We even got him to wear one of our pieces of flair! A very proud moment. What IS he looking at here? We do love Bob Roll...

8 comments:

Keith said...

They're still running Tour de France? I thought they had given it up because of all the drug scandals?

If they want to get drugs out of sport heres my solution. Test everybody, after every race. Random tests during training. If an athlete tests positive (after rerunning tests and other lab protocols) they're out for a year. Second positive and they're out. Period. Done. Forever.

What's a Floyd deal?

Maybe I missed something along the way. Who, or what, is the guy in the photos?

And yes, people keep telling me I need to get out more.

Jo Lynn said...

HA! I remember that picture.

Have a happy day. ;)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

OMG! I am SOOO excited!1!

Imagine how excited I'd be if I had any idea who the f*ck the old n*ts@cker in the middle is!

Southbay Girl said...

I'm stoked for the Tour! Watching it now after my run! have a great 4th!!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

watching the TdF now :)

Dave said...

No wonder Bobke is smiling...love the guy...actually helps a runner dude understand cycling....Going to be an interesting year for Team Astana...who will be the Alpha male...and Levi looked really good yesterday on the time trial...have to wait and see....

Carolina John said...

yea i like the tour too. bring it on! it's a perk to working from home, i get to watch all the live covereagae every weekday.

IronBob said...

I and the mrs. just got back today from Paris. We looked and looked but didn't see no stinkin bikers. Pictures tomorrow.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!