Thursday, July 2, 2009

Popeye

Belated Happy Canada Day to all you Northerners!

Now, if YOU walked out of the opthamologists office and they gave you seven medications to be administered 16 times a day, you'd be pissed right? You would have a hard time remembering everything, right? OK, now imagine it's your DOG....and you work and you're not home all day to give meds and such. To top it off, he may just die of anxiety with that cone on - heavy breathing, whining and clearing coffee tables. For the love of a dog, I swear. Poor Magnus - an ulcerated eye and a baby cat scratch has sent him down this path. Bless it....


In workout news...
Recovered from irongirl, still felt the legs riding last nite but was able to move forward so that was a bonus. Off for a 3 mile run that didn't suck an egg either. I was pleased. Gots lots more to do this weekend and really need to start dialing up my ride time. I don't think 25 miles a pop is gonna get it done. That's 75/week to you and me. I am hopeful that all my base miles from last year will pay off. Speaking of which, I heard a rumor that the year after and 'ironman year' can be your best, race wise. Let's test that theory. So far, so good.

25 comments:

Diana said...

Poor guy looks so sad! At least the cone is "see-through!"
Hope he feels better soon.

joyRuN said...

Poor Magnus looks freaking pathetic in those pics :(

So how are you gonna get all those meds in all throughout the day?

Carolina John said...

poor fella. bless his heart.

Dave said...

Tell Magnus i am his biggest Fan...really! Have a good 4th...and the TOUR starts...oh good times!!!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Poor poor Magnus, he looks so sad. :( Have a great 4th! :D

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

That is one sad-looking dog!

He'd be happier if you'd named him Magnum, after the condom. Large-sized condom.

I know I would.

Just call me "Magnum: Private Dick".

Tyger Lily said...

:( Poor Magnus

Keith said...

Poor Magnus looks like something out of a bad science fiction movie with that cone on.

About that theory, my guess is that after IM everything seems short, and hurts a whole lot less. Hmmm, maybe I should do an IM before yapping about it.

Susi said...

oh poor magnus....he looks so sad. :( at least they have clear cones there, here they are white, so the animal can't see a thing except straight ahead. whats up with that eh?

give magnus a hug for me and you get a hug for canada day too! :)

MJ said...

16 times a day??? wtf? How the hell are you supposed to manage that? I'm on an anti-biotic right now and it is 4 times a day and I screw it up EVERY day!

The shot of him in the cone is priceless... so sad but cute.

Wes said...

Yea, poor Magnus. He just doesn't understand...

MJ said...

...oh and thanks for the Canada Day shoutout!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Poor Magnus, I hope he is better soon.

untpawgal02 said...

Hope Mangus feels better soon... poor thing :(

AKA Alice said...

That is the saddest dog I have ever seen. But seriously...7 meds, 16X a day? I can barely manage anything that's once a day.

Now whenever I see a poor dog in a cone, I think of the "cone of shame" from the movie "UP" and it makes me giggle...is that bad?

Al's CL Reviews said...

Poor Magnus!

Jo Lynn said...

Poor guy! My neighbor's dog has a cone on his head right now too. His is blue, and definitely not see through.
I truly believe your prior IM experience is a HUGE benefit right now. ;)

Runner Leana said...

Aw, poor Magnus! That is a whole lot of medication administering... Hope his eye improves!

kristen said...

Poor pup.

I'm curious about the theory too. I have heard something similar. You'll be my gunea pig.

Carly said...

Poor baby! He looks like he is miserable. I hope he feels better soon.

Heidi Austin said...

poor magnus! he looks so sad :( hope he gets better soon! i love the fact that you have dogs instead of kids! (me too lol....)

Vincent said...

that dog looks pissed!

MCM Mama said...

Poor puppy! Hope his eye is better soon!

ShirleyPerly said...

Aw, pool Magnus! Hope he's better soon.

And look forward to hearing how your year goes. Off to a great start so far, I agree.

RBR said...

Oh, so sad Magnus! They do so hate the cone. If we could just convince them to not rub their hurt eye on the carpet or scratch at it with their paws they could be saved the humiliation!

I hope he is cone-free soon!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!