Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Plug, Plug, Plug



***Sorry Code Geeks out there - I have no clue how to make this clip fit. The fact I even got the clip in is amazing! I'm sure it's driving you nuts and I will receive emails on how to correct.***

OK, so I didn't make the
daYum Youtube video. Actually, there is a blurry piece of my suit and sunglasses running off the side but you can't tell it's me. Dang it! Reminder, must do better job of mugging for the camera. We'll see if I can make the final cut on NBC!

A break in the weather around these here parts means one thing - BIKE RIDE! We've been 50/50 on rain for at least a week. We took our chances and were mostly successful. We got hammered by some rain for ~15
ish minutes. Opted to push through rather than wait for it to pass. While it may have slowed down our average, the cool rain was refreshing, actually. I DO hate the feeling of water sloshing in my shoes, though...and I had on cycling shorts not tri shorts so I had a full-on wet diaper. It was foul. I did, however, have a tri top on. I looked like a wet busted biscuit. It was a good look at the end...see NO pictures.

After the slosh fest it was the great debate...to swim or not to swim, that is the question. Hells yes, go to swim. Then I got into the car and it hit me, I'm tired. Crap, OK, go to swim for an hour, then. Done! Upon further review of our ride route we have determined that some of the hills we were hitting were 10% grade average with a 13% grade kicker, just to get to the top. No wonder my legs weren't so fond of fins.
Sheesh.

Track workout on tap, please let it rain sideways, please let it rain sideways....no luck, it's track time, off I go.

17 comments:

Diana said...

Send some of that rain this way-we are dry! But loving the weather this summer. Nice and cool, great for multiple workouts in a day!!!

Keith said...

Maybe you'll show up in the full broadcast. We can but hope.

untpawgal02 said...

Don't send any rain to the DC area... I've been enjoying the dry weather... great for long rides and such :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thats why you are hardcore.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm so inspired now watching the video, can't wait till my tri!! :) thanks for posting that!

kristen said...

You don't do track workouts if it's raning sideways? WHAT?

kristen said...

Btw, I think I saw your blurry ass zoom by the camera. Are you wearing the same suit you did the 5K swim in? I'll be on the lookout. I hope you got some face time.

Wes said...

You're tired so you only swam for an hour? LOL...

IronBob said...

Makes me want to go ride!!

Molly said...

Nice job getting you ass out there in the rain. It all goes in the bank of pain for race day, you know! :)

RBR said...

I rode the whole damn winter in the rain and a big wet diaper so I feel your pain.

They did a nice job filming that. Is it going be a national broadcast? (Sorry, if you said this before. I assumed it was local and was not paying attention. My bad.)

And, damn, is everyone in TN hardcore? Our sprints don't look like that and I am in barbie doll land.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wow. NBC's devoting a whole HOUR to it?

Why bother, man! How about some REAL, time, NBC - or DID YOU GIVE IT ALL TO JAY LENO?!1?

AKA Alice said...

Dang...thanks for posting the clip (I have no idea how to get it to fit either... Going to the DVR right now! Can't wait!

Jo Lynn said...

You wear fins when you swim? Interesting.

ShirleyPerly said...

Bummer about all the rain! It's been a long time since I've ridden with regular bike shorts but I do remember the feeling of riding with wet bike shoes that felt like they weighed twice as much with all the water swishing around in them.

Hope you make it into the NBC broadcast!

joyRuN said...

I can't swim an hour even when full of energy, much less after a near-drowning on the bike!

Runner Leana said...

I'll be watching for you on the broadcast!!! A full on wet diaper? Ew... LMAO at wet busted biscuit...

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!