Thursday, June 25, 2009

Swim, Bike, Run...all in a row?

Can I swim 1/6 of a mile? Sure. Can I ride 18 miles? Yep. Can I run 3 miles? Hells yes Can I do all three IN A ROW???

I tested it out, just to be sure and YES! I can swim, bike and run back to back. It may not seem like a big deal but I haven't done it since November 1 so I needed to test my legs out. I did a baby brick on Wednesday, a little splash and dash, a little ride through the 'hood on my TT bike (that has held its place a wall fixture) and a little streaking in my bathing suit - CHECK. Of course, I did not do the full sprint distances but rest assured, I will be able to make it happen on Sunday! The question is, how fast? Only Sunday holds the answer to that question. Woohoo.

Some things I had forgotten - riding a bike in a bathing suit makes it look like you're:

a) wearing a thong because it's all jacked up there
b) ass is eating a bicycle seat
c) an idiot

It is not a good look, bathing suit, helmet, glasses and cycling shoes. I don't really CARE so much what I look like but it is quite laughable. Caught sight of myself in the car window, very hawt, at least I made myself laugh. And yes, the cooter bone held up. That's always a question mark at the beginning of the season, that direct contact without padding or 'legs' can be shocking. (I think that's the nice way of saying 'I hope it won't burn when I pee.') Meh, a little discomfort there for the freedom of running in a Speedo....I'll take it!

Randomness...
I don't give a shit about John and Kate plus 8. It's sad but has any marriage behind a reality tv camera EVER held up? C'mon, shocker, she's a bitch to her husband..or at least that's how it's edited. I can't imagine having eight...I wouldn't have one so there you are. BTW, if you can get plastic surgery donated, get a HAIRSTYLIST while you're at it, puhleez.

Magnus is such a big pu$$y that he got bitch slapped by a cat. Little cut on his face and his eye. Poor guy, he's a lover, not a fighter. He truly thinks everyone is his friend.


27 comments:

untpawgal02 said...

Missy... I was saying the same thing last Sunday not having raced in 9 months! Of course you can tri... heck you are an IRONMAN! Good luck and kick some girlie butt :)

Chloe said...

You can totally rock it out this weekend...you did a freaking ironman! Plus - it's an all girls race. Who cares if you suit is riding up your ass!

I'm going to try to make it to Wal-Mart on friday to have some PCB goodness made for you!

IronBob said...

I think you should wear a wetsuit, change into bike clothes and then change into running clothes, taking more time in transition then each of the segments takes. It would make for a interesting race report:
Swim: 8 minutes
T1: 9 minutes
Bike: 20 minutes
T2: 22 minutes
Run: 25 minutes
Beer: 35 minutes
Total: 1 hr. 59 min.

Dave said...

wish you well....tell Magnus that I am becoming a big fan of him...

Shannon said...

"Some things I had forgotten - riding a bike in a bathing suit makes it look like you're:

a) wearing a thong because it's all jacked up there
b) ass is eating a bicycle seat
c) an idiot.."


Ok I'll vote here......"C"....but who really gives a flying F! We still love the Tri.

BTW, you're avoiding me and my annoying Century ride plugs.

Keith said...

I don't even know who Jon and Kate are, and don't want to.

You'll do great on Sunday! Looking forward to reading about it.

Poor Magnus.

Kim said...

admit it, you kinda get off when youre biking in your speedo ;)

Carolina John said...

can you believe ozzy osbourne is the only reality show family not to end up divorced? he might not have realized he was on a reality show.

good luck this weekend, i know you'll be fast and totally hot!

Marcy said...

And girlfriend did you see pics of her in her 'kini? Dayum she needs to fire her plastic surgeon. They put her belly button all up in her boobs and crap (ok so I exaggerate but it looks off whack)

Now you and your cooter rock out this weekend ;D ;D

TRI-james said...

Good luck on your race - You will ROCK it!

Diana said...

Ya know, if you "tilt" that seat just right with the thong on, it's ALL good! NO batteries needed!
Have a great race...will be thinking of you while giving useless breathing treatments to people who only wish they could do what we do!

Jo Lynn said...

Rock that tri, girl!

Totally agree about Kate.

Poor Magnus, bitch-slapped. Made me laugh though. (Sorry Magnus)

Tilghman Carroll said...

You will kick butt this weekend...sounds like such a fun race with all the lady power!

Cash may need to hit Magnus up for his life vest...

Alisa said...

Ooooh I'm looking forward to reading your race report. I'd say you got it in the bag!

So do you not wear a Tri suit or put anything on over the bathing suit? I'm gonna have to!

Susi said...

poor magnus indeed. he's a peace, love and granola doggie for sure!

am with ya on the kids part! stick to animals, they are more rewarding, tee hee.

you are going to ROCK the course like it's never been rocked! and a huge high five for wearing a speedo through the whole thing. i could not do it for a whole host of reasons the least not being my thigh would rub so much flesh would start ripping off. haha. look forward to the report!

giver h-e-double hockey sticks!

Runner Leana said...

Aw, poor Magnus! I'm sure you are going to have a stellar race this weekend! Go rock that race in your Speedo! I have to give you props for that, I caught a glimpse of myself walking in my Speedo and that was horrifying enough. Let's not add running into the mix!

Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Good luck with your race this weekend! The pooches never like it when they get bitch slapped....

aron said...

yayyy you are going to do awesome this weekend!

omg dying laughing at the cat vs dog. we watch our friends dog and there is something about him that our cats DO NOT like. they are usually pretty timid but they will come looking for him to start a fight and chase him around. its pretty hilarious :)

kristen said...

I think watching someone bike in a suit is so bad ass. Seriously, that's got pro written all over it.

Glad the cooter bone didn't go soft on ya.

Molly said...

I'm in so much agreement on so much of that...I don't do reality TV but especially not those two (and I'm so not into the kid thing either - I like dogs better LOL).

Sounds like you are geared up and ready to go for the weekend!!! I haven't tried biking in a swimsuit - I guess next swim/bike brick I should do that, just for the amusement of others.

Molly said...

Oh man, if there's one part about tri's I love, it's the one piece on a bike situation- I rode home from the gym a couple years ago in just my suit (I had been in the outdoor pool) and pulled up to my house only to find that my housemates at the time were having a huge party- all punk kids decked out, and all looking at me like I had two heads.
That's why when I race in a one piece I wear one from splish that says killa" on the ass. That'll show everyone!

MCM Mama said...

You'll do great!! I think you just scared me off of a tri, though. The thought of my a$$ hanging out while biking in a suit is just too scary for words.

Wes said...

My chicas did Iron Girl last year in the splishes... Looked might fine out there ;-) I'm sure you will too!!

MJ said...

Kate's hair can be pretty tragic but I haven't seen it of late...

The speedo on a bike is hot.

Good luck this weekend!

Vickie said...

You can do this Iron Missy!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Good luck this weekend!

ShirleyPerly said...

I really should try riding in my swimsuit one day. It would totally be acceptable here in Kona any day.

Kick @ss on your race!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!