Monday, June 22, 2009

Ironman watchin! CdA!

I'm the worst when it comes to an Ironman finish...I can watch the stooopid webcam until midnight with all those people coming in. I'll shut up about it but if you ever get the chance, it's really something to see live. The whole thing is a spectacle but hang at the finish line until midnight cheering those people in, NOTHING compares. You'll find yourself crying for perfect strangers. Big shout out to all the finishers yesterday! That run looked ccccold.

The past week saw most of my prescribed training. I fell by the wayside on one run but that's OK since I'm working on a taper of sorts. More to come on recent developments but suffice it to say, I'm racing this coming weekend and I AM THRILLED about it. If you live in Atlanta and have nothing to do on Sunday morning...come see me...
More to come on the irongirl tri this weekend. They're taping it to be televised soon - let's see if I make the final cut.



A weekend in pictures. Thankfully, I didn't take a ton, for fear I may incriminate myself. A couple of random thoughts...

Have you ever seen anyone unhappy on the lake tubing? I haven't laughed that hard in a while and tube wars, forget about it. My body was skipping like a stone across the water with my bathing suit bottoms around my ankles. Nothing like a water enema to get your day started right. Oh, and boating hair, very hawt! By the way, tubing DOES count as my open water swim for last week, I'm just sayin. My arms are SORE like I swam, anyway.



Magnus does NOT like to swim as Grandma (Kasha does). This is what pure terror looks like....poor guy, not happy at all.


This is also what new love looks like, Magnus' new girlfriend, Casey, and albino doberman. Don't they make a cute couple?

20 comments:

Chloe said...

Whoohoo! This weekend is going to be fun!!

Diana said...

"bathing suit around my ankles"....that's funny! Best of luck this coming weekend!

IronBob said...

And us people that have come in at 11:52pm appreciate the cheering crowds however small they may be...

Mel-2nd Chances said...

can't wait to hear about your race, i'd come cheer you on if i lived closer :D I'd even bring you a Molson Canadian for post-race. tubing sounds like it was a blast!!

The Running Girl said...

I love watching the Ironman finishes come in as well. Very emotional. And yes, that run did look very cold! Yikes!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I was SURE Diana was gonna say something about your bathing suit around your ankles being YOUR Sn@tch Day, but she didn't go there.

Of course, I won't because I'm too classy.

And as you know, "classy" is just "@$$y" with a "cl".

Good luck in your race, sister!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Love the dog photos.

I am going to do the Iron Girl next year. Just have to decide Atlanta and/or Columbia, MD.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

good luck!!!!

Calyx Meredith said...

I made the mistake of tubing with three of my sons last summer at Center Hill. It was the first time I'd ever done it - and I had NO IDEA that the point was to team up and try to flip each other! I gave as good as I got but I couldn't lift my arms high enough to brush my teeth for days. Glad you had fun and I was sucked in to IMCdA too last night!

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, I went tubing once and you couldn't wipe the smile from my face. Great upper body workout come to find out later ;-)

Good luck at the IG tri!

Jo Lynn said...

Pure terror is right!

I had the best time tubing a few years ago. Oh, that was until my bikini bottoms slid down and I had to flex my feet to prevent from losing them. LOL Fun times I tell ya! ;)

Shannon said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

About the Seagull Century....DO IT.....I'll wet myself if you say yes! We must have the hook-up this year.

Dave said...

I'm becoming a big fan of Magnus...thinking he may be the coolest dog around. Have a great week.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Now, I'm laughing...first you tell me where you will be this weekend, and we almost lived there...

Then you have someone commenting on Seagull Century and 2 of my friends are saying that I need to come and do it.

Lastly! If you like Texas BBQ, make your friends take you to Fox Bros while you are in ATL.

Wes said...

I blame ski-ing for the sad state of my shoulders from many years ago. Do you have to hang on to a rope when tubing?

Can you believe there is a 1K, 3K, and 5K open water swim July 11, and I have to go to a REF class that day. Gah!! LOL...

Never gonna happen...

KK said...

Tubing=great fun! LOL at the enema comment.

Good luck this weekend!

joyRuN said...

The lake tubing sounds like awesome fun! Thanks for refraining from pics of the water enema though :)

Molly said...

Oh Magnus! What a funny guy :)

aron said...

good luck this weekend!!!

MJ said...

"Pure terror"... you can see it in his eyes...

Hope the race went well..

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!