Sunday, June 28, 2009

Irongirl!

I am officially an irongirl! Full race report and a few pictures to come BUT...the semi-official looking post said 1:40:03. Why is it that I'm usually off by a few seconds for some of the milestones?!? Dang it!

Overall, great race. Everything came together today - much better than yesterday. Super organized, people directing at every corner, cheerleaders like you can't even imagine. Very supportive atmosphere.

Swim was right on, bike slightly off, transitions, I always suck at transitions (sorry, I must have socks!), run was where I expected for this course.

More to come. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Missy

17 comments:

buprunner said...

First!!

Go Missy, Go Missy, Go Missy!!!

You rocked it no matter what!!

Yay for you!! You are an inspiration.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Congrats Irongirl! Well done, especially with the heat you've been dealing with!! Definitely an inspiration!

Keith said...

Yay!!! Nice that things came together for the race after the clusterization of the day before. And the heat!! Looking forward to the details.

Jo Lynn said...

Great job Missy! I knew, for some reason, you would rock this. ;)

I'm excited to see pictures and hear all about it.

Ron said...

Seems like when there is drama pre-race it all comes together race day. NICE JOB!

Carly said...

Great Job Missy!!!! That time is awesome. I can't wait to read more.

Carolina John said...

Good job chica! 1:40 is a great time in this heat.

Dave said...

Great job...

triguyjt said...

Way to go IronGilr!!!

Runner Leana said...

Yay Missy!!! Very nicely done! I can't wait to read all the details. I'm hoping to do the Irongirl Las Vegas race next year.

Amber Dawn said...

Awesome!!! Congrats on a great race.

AKA Alice said...

Can't wait to hear/read the whole scoop! You are my Tri-hero!

I love IronGirl events!

Diana said...

Looking forward to the full "run down" report! I'm sure I'll aspirated some diet dew along the way!
Big Congrats Irongirl!!!

RBR said...

You keep collecting all this iron and you will have trouble getting through the airport.

Hoo! I crack myself up!

Congrats on a SUPER speedy race! I can;t wait for the picutres and full report!

MJ said...

Nice. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Cheers,

Alisa said...

Yay!

I agree, so many people have been telling me to go without socks, um...I have enough foot issues without trying to go without socks.

MCM Mama said...

Yay! Great job!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!