Thursday, May 7, 2009

S/B/R and a little Sonic for everyone

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Oh, that's right triathlon, how I've missed you so. All that swim training burned me OUT big time. I don't know how you runners do it, honestly and truly. To run for so many days in a week - I used to do it but I've got the great mix up going on these days. My body rejected running 5-6 days/week for marathon training. I guess I don't love running, biking, or swimming THAT much afterall. I mean, I like them all a whole lot for different reasons just not any one of them enough, I guess. Hard to explain I suppose. I guess it would also be different if I was really great at any of them.

Have you ever had a bike hangover? I woke up Wednesday and it felt like I drank 10 beers. I was slightly dehydrated and my head was throbbing. I guess that's what I get for riding so late on Tuesday nite and then hitting the bed almost immediately afterward. I didn't fall asleep either, I passed out. Lots of similarities with 10 beers and a late nite bike ride. Ouch, they both hurt. At least I didn't barf on my shoes.

So far this week - lift/core, one swim, one bike, one run. Had an aquathon on Wednesday nite, swam for about an hour and then rolled out a baby sized three mile run. It was great all except for our dysfunctional lane at swim. We all had our heads up our arses and didn't know what set was next - AND IT WAS ON THE PIECE OF PAPER for crying out loud. Oh well, we were a bunch of happy misfits, I 'spose.

Then, the run...this is pre-run, of course...

I am way to happy about the prospect. And this is after...I'm happy to be getting some running legs back under me. This was a baby three miler. I've never been a super speedster so I'm very happy with this. I'll take it.


After all those good times I got thee call - where are you? Almost home. I have a sweet tooth. Commence U turn. How about a Blizzard thingy? Done deal. See you in a few. Well, I couldn't leave with out something for everyone...(except for myself, blasted!).


She's just old and is happy to eat her treat laying down!

I love the spit bubble! He's thrilled about his good fortune.



Thanks to everyone about the B2B wishes. We won't have just virtual stalking any longer. We can actually see something other than a thumbnail picture!

28 comments:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

What's ice cream like? Did you get any or just gave most to the baby? NO SUGAR for me until May 29th!

I'll just keep licking the screen.

Carly said...

Great job on the workouts. You didn't treat yourself after that????? The pics are so cute. MN just got their first Sonic and they had to have cops directing traffic. I drool over the commercials as I have yet to get to one.

Calyx Meredith said...

Sonic Cherry Limeade is one of my most favorite things on the freaking planet - but when I was at the drive-thru of temptation last for my son, I got a ... banana. It was better than nothing! Yay you on your training this week!!

FLATOUT JIM said...

Here's my 2 cents. Swimming workouts are pretty lonely. Once your head is under water, there is no socialization.

At least running, you can chat with your training partner.

Riding, same thing.

kristen said...

Those are some spoiled pups! Cute.

Nice 3 miler. I dream of times like that. Seriosly. Sorry about the bike hangover. Nice analogy though.

Diana said...

I agree with the love of all 3 things instead of just one. However, I do have to give an edge to the biking....I have just a tad more affection for it! Then there's my bitches.....they are #1!!!

Keith said...

Nice smile!

Melanie said...

that spit bubble is pretty funny! You're gonna kick ass at B2B!

Kim said...

awesome job on the run!!!! and you totally deserve sonic after that (although i have never heard sonic, i hear it's great!) and the pup is ADORABLE eating :)

Jo Lynn said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! Every human being runs faster than me! Good job. I'm heading out for a run in just a few minutes myself.
Hubby feeling better?
So nice of you to get ice cream for the doggies.

Carolina John said...

welcome back to tri training! i'm sure it's missed you more than you have missed it. I can't take running, biking or swimming alone either. the joy is in mixing it up all the time. i also <3 bricks of any kind any way i can get them.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I have never been to Sonic. I intend to keep it that way! Everyone seems to love it.

great job on the run and swim and bike.

Love the dog pics.

IronBob said...

Welcome home.. to triathlon.. we missed you

Vickie said...

We just got a Sonic here and after 3 weeks you still cannot get in there! I lucked out by the owner being a client and giving the whole office an opportunity for a pre-opening chance to go, otherwise I'd be irked going there so many times and not getting in! What is it about Sonic?? I just realized you were doing B2B. The half or full? I'll be there!

Kelli said...

Glad I'm not the only on that gets those. I got funny looks coming to the office this morning with my sunglasses still on and plopping lifeless into my chair!! Save some Ice cream for me!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I guess I don't love running, biking, or swimming THAT much afterall. I mean, I like them all a whole lot for different reasons just not any one of them enough, I guess ...

Man, stop beating around the bush, IOMissy! What you're saying is you just want to BE FRIENDS with running, biking and swimming, not HAVE SEX with them.

Which is a shame because I'd pay to see that four-way.

Wes said...

I need to kick my running up a notch. If I fed my dogs ice cream, my reward would be crap all over the house. Evidently, steak does the same thing cause Dee Dee texted me some very nasty messages...

Susi said...

i can not say it enough - i love your dog. sigh. so adorable. even the spit bubbles. haha.

great job on the run!

Keith said...

I'm back. Workouts done. TIme for more comments.

Swimming 20 K in a week isn't THAT much love? Sheesh. And you're trying to have us believe that you aren't very good at any of them?? You're really trying it on there, baby! Your Garmin, for instance, if I'm reading it right, that's 24 minutes for 3 miles. Which is an 8 minute mile, or 5 minute Km. I couldn't run that fast no matter how hawt the girl in front of me was.

And Sonic. Help a poor backwater Canadian out here. What on earth is Sonic? And why are people obsessed about it? Is this another thing of the minute like Krispy (gag) Kream?

Your dog may be a totally lovable sweetheart, but he scares the crap out of me.

Jennifer Harrison said...

Welcome back ! I saw your post on Marit's and just clicked over. We do not have Sonic here, I don't think (chicago)...everyone talks about it - but I am not a fast -food fan...anyway, nice blog! :)

Dave said...

got you on the headache thing. I feel the same when I wake up after an all night run...nearly everytime...don't know what it is either because I hydrate like a crazy person....

untpawgal02 said...

Sonic... ooooh now that sounds good!

Chloe said...

Ah! I'm so glad that you and triathlon made up. It really missed you.

Ok. I don't understand that earth thing you have on the bottom of the page. Is that suppose to be like a space ship or something?

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Look at you with your running - that's SWEET!!!! OH - and I LOVE the post-workout treat. Delicious!!! Half the time, I don't know what the heck I'm doing in the lane, but people follow - so there. :) Keep up the great work!

Runner Leana said...

I've most definitely had a swimming and a running hangover. So not fun!

Looks like someone was totally enjoying their ice cream! And nice job on your speedy run too!

RBR said...

Shes' back baby!!

Well, you have always been tri queen to me. I think I read your IM report at least once a month.

Congrats on B2B. I feel like I am missing the big dance. Everyone is going to be there.

Love the babies! My girl had to give up ice cream and yogurt as it does bad things to her tummy now.

aron said...

omg those dog pics are hilarious :)

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!