Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Is it May!?

Monday nite - mowed lawn in t-shirt and shorts. Lovely evening.

Tuesday morning - WTF? Are you kidding me? I had to cover a tree with a blanket so it wouldn't die last nite. That's what we do here in the south, cover our newly planted shrubs, bushes and flowers when we get a late season frost. It's ridiculous! It's like a bunch of homeless plantings hanging out in the yard covered in old bed sheets and blankets. This is an old car cover. Hope the tree is dust and frost free.
How can anyone seriously get up when it's like this out? I truly wonder myself. C'mon man, the world is still sleeping. How can you think about doing anything - swimming, biking or running?


Yep, 42 degrees this morning. Are you KIDDING me? The weather jacka$$ said it's 42 out and thanks to my friends on facebook. Huh!? I know I'm the last person on the planet without a facebook page...even the weather guy?! BUT, here in TN I just caught and interesting stat - only 5% of women that are pregnant in my county smoke, but 47% of pregnant women in some backwoods county, TN smoke. Now that's livin' kids!

Baby sized run before my dentist appointment - all geared up, hat, jacket, this sucks. Dentist appointment was never weird until I started swimming with my dentist....I just have a hard time calling him by his first name. He's always been Doc to me and had a mask on his face. Now, I see him at the pool. He's reading this right now so ... Doc, help me with the coffee stains and NO I don't want veneers but thanks (not taking out a second mortgage for some prettier teeth).

21 comments:

Keith said...

Weren't you the one getting up before dawn to go swimming? Waaaaayyyyyy before dawn. Covering plants is easy in comparison.

My dentist and I are making tentative plans to go for a bike ride together.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

we got frost up here too... so much easier to stay cozy in bed
;9

TRI-james said...

Cold rain in Mississippi last weekend - weird stuff. I about froze.

Wes said...

LOL... I am sitting here freezing at my kitchen table! but really, I lurve this shiz ;-)

Blondie said...

Where were you this morning????

Dave said...

I am in Dallas, It's mid May..and this morning it was below 50 Degrees...loving it.

BTW..get on freaking facebook...really

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Been meaning to ask, sister - which is worse? Ridiculous? or ridonkulous?

Because that blanketed bush was ridiculous. But you running in the a.m. in Figgin MAY all bundled up as though it were winter?

That was ridonkulous.

Or maybe it's the other way around.

Dentists only wear masks while they're working on you so you can't identify them in the police line-up ... because with what they charge? Man, it's ROBBERY!

(Sorry, Doc, if you read that. I don't mean you. Of course not. Don't be ridonkulous.)

Diana said...

Ah yes, 'backwoods' people are a special breed all in their own right!!!
What the hell is wrong with 42 degrees??? Am I missing something?!!

kristen said...

What time does it stay that dark until? It startes getting light here around 4am and is pure daytime by 5:30. Crazy.

I hope your littly shrubs survive.

p.s. 43 in the morning is WARM!

IronBob said...

We had a cold front come through here also. 68 last night.. BRRRRR !!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I love the colder weather, but I don't garden...

It is weird it is so cold this late.

Carly said...

Dang...that is like MN weather except at 45 degrees peeps are wearing shorts. Ha!

Jo Lynn said...

That sounds pretty damn cold for May, that's for sure. 42 degrees isn't a terrible running temperature though. As long as you have the right gear, you're fine.

Carolina John said...

yea this strange cold streak is wonderful and unexpected. it's going to be in the 90's for far too long far too soon. i'll take this. i just hope it doesn't screw up my garden.

Amy said...

HAHAHA. B/w the picture of the tree and your dentist. My brother-in-law is a dentist and is against vaneers. I know b/c I asked him if he would do them for me and he said no. But I hear you on the coffee stains!

Keith said...

You're not the last person without a Facebook page. I don't, and I won't.

The weather is making us crazy up here. Sunday, sunny, warm, 24. Monday, cold rainy, 3. Today, cloudy with bits of rain, started off at 0, maybe got to 10, and as of mid-afternoon it's heading down again. Sigh.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

It could be worse: you COULD swim with your gynecologist...HA!

Sorry about the cold weather - NOT very fun! Hang in there, though. Same goes for the shrubs and trees as well!!

Susi said...

if it makes you feel any better we had freezing rain here. the power lines were swaying in the wind and big junks of ice were falling off. took me a bit this morning to figure it all out! 'uh, is someone breaking white stuff on the back path??' if it weren't for my dentist appt i'd be back at the parental units were it's decent! sigh.

Molly said...

I think you have VERY pretty teeth already - I'm jealous.

Spring weather is so freaking bizarre - heat wave one day, cold the next. Too unsettled for me!

ShirleyPerly said...

Ha, I'd definitely NOT want to see my DDS in a swimsuit. Freaky weather we're having, for sure!

joyRuN said...

My neighbor has peach trees, & she covers them up the entire winter with mulch & plastic & sheets. Soooo much trouble for these plants :)

My DDS, as decent as he is at his job, is otherwise a lech. I wouldn't swim near him ;)

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!