Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friday swim, maybe not!

This is me going to swim class....you can see the bathing suit and swim bag, can't you? And yes, I drink coffee out of my Ironman mug almost every day to remind myself that I actually did that (most of the time, I don't believe it either). Plus, it's like a bucket of coffee. I just say, I had two cups, uh, that's like three cups of coffee per Ironman sized mug for crying out loud.
I look very motivated, don't I!?! At this point I had already decided NOT to actually get up (didn't work), turn off the alarm clock, reset it when I heard the roll of thunder in the background. Ahhh, another hour of sleep. I can swim some other time and I want to sleep NOW. As I started to snuggle back up under the covers I hear Magnus running down the steps. I know what's going on, he's puking and I'm laying here trying to ignore it figuring that I'll clean it up later. After a few minutes and he doesn't come back up, I go downstairs to find his prize puke. I won't even tell you what it was but THAT, my friends, is one nasty animal. AND WHY do they barf in the corner, always? Weird. OK, fine, clean up puke, well, the coffee maker went off at 4am in prep for 5am swim class, fine, I'll drink coffee and go lift weights upstairs. I flip on the tv and this is what I see on the local weather....

Lightening and storms everywheres! Boom, yep, it's storming out. I know I've asked this question before and I'll ask it again - why, why do they interview or have people call in to the tv station to report what the weather is like 'where you are?' ONLY the biggest rednecks are going to call in, are you kidding me? They love to hear themselves on TV. I hear - it's raining sideways here and the electricity in the trailer went out. It's real loud here. No SH!@ you live in a tin can, of course it's loud. But I digress.

So, I made it as far as my killer in-home gym - one physio ball, some hand weights and some steps for lunging and what-not. Eh, it's all good. I still have two whole days to get in four more workouts. Piece of cake IF the tornado doesn't kill me in my tin can.

Best of luck to all my Gulf Coast peeps out there racing on Saturday. Weather is looking to be stellar for you.

18 comments:

Diana said...

Love the mug.....no not yours, the coffee mug! Although you're a pretty thing as well!!!
Love a good T-storm, we had some last night and I slept like a rock...and I'm sure back to back long bike rides helped too!
Have a great weekend!

Shannon said...

I have a mug like that and my husband says I highjack all the coffee when I use it. He once gave me a lesson on how THAT mug isn't like normal size mugs when he's making coffee he's not doing the estimation on THAT mug but on our regular sized mug. I should write a post about this, I think I just did.

BTW, did doggies puke look like my Green Grass Smoothie?

Keith said...

That isn't a mug, that's a friggin cereal bow with a handlel!! The other mug is pretty good.

What is it with the weather? Rain here, maybe thunderstorm later. Doesn't the world understand we want to ride outside?

Why has nobody marketed an alarm clock that sounds like an animal puking? You'd think that would go over really well for people that MUST get up, and have or have had animals.

Rolling over and going back to sleep sometimes is the single best thing about training. Enjoy.

Keith said...

Bowl, dammit! I hate trying to write before my eyes are fully open. Coffee, must have coffee. In a normal, man sized mug.

kristen said...

If you had to puke and didn't have the ability to use a toilet - wouldn't you go hide in a corner somewhere? Smart pup.

Shazza said...

I love that coffee mug! I would totally use it every day too. Yay for an extra hour in bed.

Maybe my swimming would go better if I went at 5am??? Nah, I really doubt it!

At least it was the dog puking this time and not the husband.

FLATOUT JIM said...

MAN, I wish I bought me one of those Ironman Coffee Buckets when I was in Panama City.

theloosemoose said...

Lightening is scary stuff. I'd have retreated to the "home gym", too. Only my home gym is the couch. And the workout is me strenuosuly holding it down so it doesn't drift off in to space.

Jen said...

We get a lot of lightening in the summer here in Florida!
Love your bucket 'o coffee!! :)

Dave said...

take care...no worries...sometimes it is good to stay in bed. The early morning workouts that make you HARD...also allow you to enjoy the simple things...like staying in bed on a very rare occasion.

Jo Lynn said...

All of my coffee mugs are like that. I have at least two cups every morning. LOVE MY COFFEE! Or is it the flavored creamer I love more? Hmmmm, good question.

Nice to see you not stressing about working out. ;)

Southbay Girl said...

I love big mugs!!! I also love thunder storms! Well, now I do-I was scared shitless of them when I was a kid living in tennessee-might have been the tornado I was in......

I can't wait to meet and see you next week! How cool!!!

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

What is it about mega-sized coffee mugs? I'm sipping out of one right now as I write....

Sheesh! Those storms looked really scary - I remember living in Florida and NC... always having to look out for the weather. Um, yeah - good call on the NOT swimming. Somehow I don't think the pol would be open ;)

Keep up the great training!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, man, sister, I have a mug that rivals that one in size.

Actually, mine's bigger.

(But am i talking about my mug, now?)

Hahaha! You kinda look like a librarian in that picture, sister - i.e., HAWT!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I love the comment about the rednecks calling in to talk about the weather.

Wes said...

ROFLMAO... Hey, don't knock a trailer until you've tried it :-)

and why did I not see those Ironman mugs! They are awesome!!

Jenna said...

Nothing like a bucket of coffee to get the day started right :)

Runner Leana said...

Whoa...crazy weather!!

Love the big Ironman mug!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!