Thursday, May 28, 2009

Faux Rain and a Deal with the Devil

Ever just lay there hoping that it's pouring out? Tuesday morning after a very fun long weekend, I agreed to meet my trusty track partner at 530am. Alarm goes off at 445, I lay there, listen, lay there, hoping that its raining since I'm most certainly not going to the track in the rain. Blasted, it's dry. I drag my arse out of bed and meet Andy for our speed workout. We didn't over extend ourselves, it's been a year since we've done speed in earnest so we did a mile warm up, 4 x 1 mile repeats and a mile cool down. All in a all, great workout and I didn't feel like a total POS out there. Hopefully, I didn't look like it either. Oh, a tip, do NOT wear heels to work the day of your speed or track workout, holy hell. My gams were on fir-ah! Guys, that especially goes for you.

Some bike riding in between...my hand is covering my headlight and burning the crap out of me.
Thursday morning, the devil is screaming in my ear to get up. I tell that SOB to shut the hells up and turn him off. Yep, alarm at 430 to ... yes, go run again. After a nite bike ride, there is nothing harder than getting up to run. My legs are tired and I'm just sleepy. Further justification that the devil was WRONG - I need to train more in the heat so I can get acclimated. Another reason that running this afternoon will be more beneficial to me and that the devil was just plain wrong to go off like that at 430.

Hope the weather is shaping up where you are! Go Wings!

24 comments:

Shannon said...

Keep getting up sista, it'll pay off! You look hot in your bike helmet......LOL.....

Jetting off to Miami...

Marcy said...

4x1's at 5:30am?!? Yous a crazy B! My hat goes off to you sistah. That shiz hurts.

Chloe said...

Ohhh man...praying for rain at 4:30am is like trying to win the lotto. It's not going to happen!! :)

Kim said...

holy mother of hell, you are a morning trooper! no fucking way do i get up that early....EVA!

Sherry Lynn said...

*I am not worthy* The only time this gal gets up at 4:30AM is for a race (or for a dog emergency; or b/c I can't turn my brain off after a wake-up pee, etc...). You are a rockstar!!!!

It's so funny, you were praying for rain so that you wouldn't have to do your run; I pray for rain so that I CAN do my run (it's just too hot without it). LOL!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

your expression looks like your hand is burning indeed lol. Nice track workout that early! :)

Diana said...

There's lot of reasons to be up at 5:30am, but running or biking isn't one of 'em!
Damn....you're crazy!

Carolina John said...

i'm totally going to start calling my alarm clock the devil too. that's a good one!

go red wings!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

do NOT wear heels to work the day of your speed or track workout, holy hell. My gams were on fir-ah! Guys, that especially goes for you. ...

Pfffttt! NOW you tell me!

But if you're so smart, what was I supposed to wear with this strapless gown I gotz goin' on?

Tilghman Carroll said...

Yeah, I put my heels on this morning after my 16 mile run and my feet were like "what the hell are you doing?!...you bitch!"

Looks like you are really ramping it up! Great work!

If you ever need a track partner I'm your girl!...I have a weird love of the mile repeat.

Vincent said...

I don't know how you do it, My alarm was set for 7 and I'm just getting up now.

good work

Wes said...

That is great advice! I am putting away the high heels in case I decide to do ANY speed work :-)

Dave said...

I agree with on the high heels...dang it they hurt. Great job on getting up early after a night ride...looks like 24 Tri training to me;-)

Runner Leana said...

4 x 1 mile repeats at 5:30 am? That is just evil!!

I am trying to train my legs and feet for cute summer sandals and heels at the moment. It is a work in progress...

Amy said...

PS- GO WINGS!

Jenna said...

not sure what is funnier, your post or all the comments..holy hell 4:30 is too damn early for me....I am still a face full of crease marks and slobber at that hour!!

AKA Alice said...

For the record....I didn't realize at first that your hand was covering an ACTUAL HEADLIGHT...I thought at first it was just a double entendre for...well for... well just take a second look at where the "f" your hand is and I'm just gonna call THAT a headlight from now on....LOL

4:30am? You are one BADASS chica.

Jo Lynn said...

Missy is a rockstar! Who is? Missy is, that's who! Rockstar I tell ya.

untpawgal02 said...

Keep on getting up... you know its so worth it! Early morning come quick after a late nite... but it's so worth it to be out when you hear nothing but the nature that surrounds you.

joyRuN said...

Anything before 6:30a is waaaaay early! Your dedication is IMPRESSIVE!!

MJ said...

I feel hardcore when my alarm rings at 5:20 for masters. 4: anything is out of hand. Impressed!

kristen said...

I miss the days that i was that committed. Sadly, I'm making more deals with the devil these days.

Hopefully you'll inspire me to get off my lazy ass. Good work.

buprunner said...

Forget getting up at 4:30 as evil... wearing effin heals is evil!!! Sure, they look good, but walking in stilts is a feat! I'm too tall with them anyway. TG!

You are such a roll model... I have to roll my butt out of bed for early runs when it starts to get hot.

ShirleyPerly said...

If there is a good thing about heat training (besides acclimating), it's not having to get up early to run. I definitely like that.

Pretty sunset!!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!