Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An anniversary gift, a bike ride and the old man walkin farts

First let me just say that my 10 year wedding anniversary gift finally arrived. Many coworkers and friends said nice things like - oh, this is kinda a big one, I bet you get something nice...some jewelry or something. I nodded politely knowing that this would virtually never happen. I really don't care so much about the jewelry part. I have the best wedding ring on the planet, an ironman pendant/necklace and some fake diamond earrings that suit me just fine and a nice watch. I actually thought I'd get a new bike trainer or something equally cool. Instead....
...A new car stereo with an iPod jack and everything. Ahhh! I love music and today's selection was Jack White. My car is a stripped down Vibe that I love, stick shift and all. Now, real music with real speakers in that cavern of a car. I love my new diamonds!
Thanks RH for my killer present!

Monday eve, we took advantage of the killer weather since the soggy is set to return. Here are some pics from our nite ride. It was uneventful (thankfully). This time I took my camera in hopes of seeing a wild dingo or feral pig but no kinda luck this time. Just us, the country side and maybe only one or two mad motorists. There's always one, even on a good day.

Moots custom for the big guy and my Bianchi - can you say p-i-m-p?

Who's the a-hole in the middle with foggy glasses?


Thee hostess with the mostess(es)...they fed us when it was over!

Ryan and Carolyn - good times!

My dog, Kasha, the oolllld Boxer, was walking up the steps the other day with a severe case of the old man walking farts. As she was (slowly) making her way up, every time she put pressure on her pucker string, she farted. She farted with each step. I felt like the kid that got busted by grandma because half way up, she stopped, looked at me, shot me the devil eye, like - I'm old, effe you, I can do what I want and I have gas right now. And with her next step, she farted....again!

31 comments:

Dave said...

Good pics and good times...on anniversary gifts....I like gear...or race fees....or...more running stuff...or race fees.....REI gift cards....race fees....

Amber Dawn said...

hahahahahahahaha....love the old man farts a la poochie. I am still giggling out loud :)

Diana said...

I gots the "old lady farts"....boy dog, I know how he feels as I too fart with each step! Can't even blame it on the gallbladder anymore!
Sweet gift and love the bikes!
Happy 10th!

FLATOUT JIM said...

I can't believe it, we owned two vibes. Just sold one so I can buy a truck. Still love em though.

For our 10th, I took my honey on a cruise. Wadda ya think bout dat!

Carlee said...

laughing so hard at the dog farts.

Keith said...

I had a spam email this morning that said "Wash away the farts". I think they meant fats. Then I saw your blog title. I had no idea, really, none at all.

Cool that you got a prezzie that is right for you. Nice photos.

Chloe said...

Awesome gift! I would MUCH rather have something that I use everyday then something that is just looks pretty.

Why is it that dogs just know that you are looking at them? And they are able shoot you 'the look'? Man I love dogs.

Yes. Next year. We could relay - it will be awesome! :)

Marcy said...

Ooooo la la very nice gift!! I'm totally with you, while I like jewelry I would rather have something else instead LOL

Carolina John said...

you going to put some hydraulic lifts in too? maybe an exhaust whistle? cool, glad the gift finally got there. good job ryan.

i love walking farts. it's always funny, maybe moreso from a dog.

Kim said...

sweeeeeet anniversary present!

is it weird that I have old man farts?

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Sounds like a perfect gift for you. And that bit about your dog just cracks me up!!

IronBob said...

Happy Anniversary.
You know I find myself doing the old man farts at times. I guess I share that with your dog. Too much info, I know

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great gift!

I am laughing at the old man walkin farts.

Deb said...

That's an awesome gift, I love it!! I'm totally laughing my ass off at the old man farts lol...dogs are the best!!

Calyx Meredith said...

Cool present! Seems like someone knows you well.

kristen said...

Cool gift. What a thoughtfull hubby.

What are you feeding that doggie?

AKA Alice said...

Happy Anniversary...Awesome gift. You two are adorable.

Love all your pix!

Molly said...

Awesome present! And happy anniversary!

Bill said...

iPod connectivity...sweet! Try to get jewelry to do that.

Regarding walking farts...some of us actual old men do that too. On our Alaskan cruise last summer, I blamed the Puffins floating in the water. So now, when I walk and let's say "multi-task," the wife says, "Oh! Puffins!"

Jo Lynn said...

Yup, I've received a new driver as an anniversary gift. A girl can only have so many necklaces and rings. Most of it stays in the safe anyway. ;)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

ZOMG, sister! I hope you at least put out after Ryan got you that anniversary gift!

"Old" man farts? I been fartin w/ every step I take for the past 40 years!

Old gotz NUTHIN' to do with it, in MY case.

MJ said...

Congrats on ten years and the new stereo too...

Benson said...

Good times.
Funny about the dog farts.

joyRuN said...

LMAO on the walking farts!

Hub asked me if I wanted jewelry for our 10th next year - ugh.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :)

aron said...

happy anniversary!!!

lol at the dog :)

RBR said...

Thanks for the 'snort coffee out my nose' laugh. The story coupled with your boy's picture... classic!

Props to the hubby for the sweet gift!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

happy anniversary, and awesome gift, i'm not one for jewelry either. LOL at the old man farts. too funny.

Susi said...

holy hannah that's hilarious about poochie!!! cats seem to be more demure about it, they are silent yet deadly. they just casually get up and walk away and then WHAM! you are hit with the stench.

awesome prezzie too!! i expect that you will be driving around with the windows down, the bass cranked, biting your lower lip and doing the chicken head!! oh, and we'd like the video clip of that please. :)

Southbay Girl said...

yes when you get old you can do whatever you want...and if that means farting as you go up each step...well then that means farting going up each step, even if you're a dog!

Wes said...

Hey! Old man walking farts is just one of those things we don't talk about? Is nothing sacred with you? :-)

Runner Leana said...

Sweet anniversary present! I had a Matrix in stick shift down in Texas. No desire to switch to an automatic whatsoever!

Aw, the ol' man farts! Funny!!!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!