Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Three Weeks!

I send my coach an email - what do the next three weeks look like distance wise (for my swim training)? The 5K Swim is April 25. And SHEEEE says - keep it 15,000-20,000 meters for the next two weeks and then we'll taper a little!? After I spit my water on my Booberry and I stopped hyperventilating, I emailed my training partner (and bikini shopper)...I think it went like this...


WTF??? I was bragging all over town that I did 16,000 last week and was all jazzed about it. Now I've got to get in 20K??? OK, Ms. Smartie pants...YOU do the math..either we're doing two a days swimming OR we have to shake it to the pool five days next week! I'm no swimmer, YOU'RE the swimmer, 20K. Holy crap, my skin already feels like it has scales. Oh, for the love of Pete!


Her response...

Five days, see you at the pool Tuesday morning. (THAT was all she had to say, I think she was having a little moment herself.)


There it is, another 16,000 this week and upping the ante to 18-20,000 next week. I'm trying to get excited about it. It will be a new milestone, that's fo sho! My guns are freakin huge..give me another 30,000 meters and I'll post a picture. Believe me, it's all relative but Ryan really likes it when I walk around the house flexing yelling - WELCOME TO THE GUN SHOW BABY and kiss my bicep! He just rolls his eyes.

Now that tri season is really upon us, I find that I'm missing it in a big way. I can sit on the computer and watch time splits all day long. I really need to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of this year??? Beach2Battleship looks very interesting and I think there's lots of yous out there doing it too. Mmmm and you don't have to pay the WTC tax, even bettah!


In other non-tri news....

Poor Spartans got it handed to them last nite. I had to stop watching the bleeding. At least when I had the game on, it was terrible. Well, they made it that far.


An email exchange with a friend that made me spit my water and bust out, here it goes


Message to me:

I just got out of a meeting with HR on my personality test results. It was very interesting...

Was it the Meyers-Briggs test or what? What did it say?

It said that I'm an outdoors person and I work with a bunch of f*cktards.

REALLY, you just can't top that and f*cktard is my new favorite word. See if you can work it into your day!

22 comments:

TRI-james said...

So far this year my swim goal has only been 25,000 yards - a month!

Shannon said...

"F*cktard* is a great word! I really couldn't use it with all the ankle biters around me and all. I don't know if this would fly with my students today....

"Please pay attention to the chalkboard you little fu*ktards!" LOL...

I WANT TO SEE THE GUN SHOW!

Diana said...

I will more than likely use the "f*cktard" at work in place of "doctor"-that's very appropriate at times!

with all the recent shootings/killings, I hope the gov doesn't outlaw guns-I would hate to hear you had to give up swimming!

Sweet mileage in the pool-and I thought I liked swimming...shiz

FLATOUT JIM said...

20,000 metres in one week?

When do you eat? Sleep? look after family?

Dave said...

20K a week huh?...are you freaking out of your mind?...great job thought...and now a new quote for you to use around the house.

"I'm too close Goose, I'm switching to GUNS."

Keith said...

I'm sure glad I'd finished my coffee BEFORE reading your blog this morning!

Swimming distances are awesome! My arms hurt just thinking about it.

joyRuN said...

Jebus that's a lot of freaking time in the pool! Might as well soak in a vat of lotion after all that.

Carolina John said...

yea unc handed their ass back to the spartans last night. go heels! haha.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Oh my! 20K in the pool?
Good luck!

And I love f*cktard. That, arseclown and arsemonkey describe some of my co-workers fantastically.

Deb said...

Wow, that is a ton of swimming, that's awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing your guns lol. I've been trying hard to get some, and maybe once this Boston thing is over I should try swimming 5 days a week instead! :)

P.S. Massage was great! Definitely get one soon!!

Southbay Girl said...

I just want you to know that your posts make me laugh out loud!! People look at me thinking I'm nuts!!!

I work with a bunch of f*ucktards every single day! The film industry is swarming with them!!! I love that word! I'll try to use it at work-hopefully I won't offend too many peeps!

20,000 meters in a week-WTF is right? I can't even fathom that...wholly shit that is a lot of swimming! I don't think my body would adapt to being in a pool that long! What does it feel like to be a fish???

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, sister, HURT ME with those guns!

You scare me in a GOOD way.

4:37 - that's much better!

Finally, as president and ranking member of Teh F*cktard Anti-Defamation League, I take umbrage - yes, UMBRAGE - at your characterization of us f*cktards. WE ARE PEOPLE TOO, technically, though that could change pending the outcome of a certain Supreme Court Case, Teh State of New Jersey v. F*cktards, Arsemonkeys, Dipsh*ts et al.

But I think we will win that case because we have some of the BEST F*CKTARD LAWYERS on our side!

FEAR MY UMBRAGE, Iron Oxide Missy!

kristen said...

Oh, I can defininetly work f*cktard into my day. The problem might be putting a lease on it.

Seriously imperssive swimming. Your hair and skin are probly really paying you back tenfold for that shiz.

Jo Lynn said...

Oooooooooh Girl! That's a bunch of swim, swim, swim. Good luck getting it done. ;)

Runner Leana said...

20,000 meters...Guns for sure Missy!! That many meters and the smell of chlorine will probably be permanently embedded in your skin as well. Good luck!

untpawgal02 said...

You are turning into one heck of a swimmer doing all that mileage in the pool. Good for you!

Carly said...

I love that word f***tard. It just packs a good punch.

20K yards of swimming???!!! Girl I would be dead! LMAO at the "gun show". I would be showing my neighbors if I swam that much.

Wes said...

That's the word I want tattooed on my forehead!!

JP said...

"Welcome to the Gun Show", I think you need to use them on the Turtle Man when he swims in your lane. "Deep 6" him.

Great job on your swim training, SB better look out !

aron said...

wow that is A LOT of swimming!!! cant wait to see the guns :)

triguyjt said...

Love your new fav word...and I would say its a first cousin to Wes's made up...
jack-hole

Melanie said...

Wow, that's a lot of swimming lady! I can't even imagine swimming that much, my breathing sucks big time in the water

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!