Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tag - YOU'RE IT!

Woot woot - I'm baaack, yep, back on the S/B/R bandwagon kids and I can't wait. I'm ready to go. Got me some runnin, some swimmin, working on a nite ride for Thursday, yep, that's how it works. I'm ready. While the swim 'thing' was a great challenge and taught me a ton, I think I just like the variety of a tri. Mix it up. I feel like I've got a helluva swim base to start the year. Now, the question is, what race???

I was tagged by Kristen at Will Run for Wine so here it goes...

The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag 3 other people to do the same

1. What are your current obsessions?
Dr. Pepper Chapstick, one in every pocket, every bag, every jacket..you get the idea.

2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often?
Cheap-o tank tops from Sam's Club - 2 in a pack for $15 or somethin'. Comfy.

3. Last thing I bought for myself?
...a race registration, does that even count?...yeah, it totally counts.

4. What’s for dinner?
Shrimps, rice, salad, breadsomethin

5. Say something to the person who tagged you:
Kristen cracks my shiz up. I think if we ever met we'd be instant friends - let's say our 'vocabulary' is very similar. I can't believe all that Kristen packs on her plate and still finds time for all this workout, tri and running jazz. Screw that, I just want to go to the wine bar with her. We can run any old time.

6. What is one item you could not live without?
My bike - #1 Road Bike (Bianchi) #2 TT Bike (Orbea) - because you can substitute them in for your major mode of transportation in a pinch.

7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
Turkey

8. What is your most immediate short term goal?
Increase my running mileage by 1/3rd this week...going from 6 to 9 miles...it's all good.

9. What are you reading right now?
Just finished Kite Runner, holy crap, it's GREAT. What a book, couldn't put it down.

10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed?
Pineapple Express, funny if you're in that kind of mood. Chloe and I have the same taste in films and trashtastic tv.

11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Big, cheesy, greasy, pizza with lots of stuff on it with a pitcher of beer (I guess that's two things.).

12. What’s your favorite smell?
Wet dog - I can remember that smell from the time I was a wee one. I've ALWAYS had a dog.

13. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
Mexican Martini - super secret recipe, it's smack your momma good. Two and you're under the table.

14. Favorite Quote? My motto at the top of my blog...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

16. Whats one thing you can't go a day with out doing?
Drink coffee - I could hurt someone with no coffee.

17. If you had to pick just one activity (swim, bike OR run), what would it be?
Cycling, I may not be the best at it but I sure like it the most. You can cover some serious ground on a bike too, you can GO places and see stuff.

18. Whats your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving because it's not about gifts, just getting together to eat, drink and play games.

19. How many pairs of shoes (not just running) do you have??
So few it's not worth counting, I really need some shoes. Not a shoe whore.

20. Tell us one random thing about you.
I think being an only child, going to an all girls high school and losing my mother ~10 years ago were the most formative things in my life. I think the combination of all three is what makes me do what I do - I don't mind being alone for long periods of time, I think girls can do anything and don't understand self esteem issues, and I'm always trying to search and reach to make my mom proud. I hope that I've done that.

21. My add on question - If you were gone tomorrow, what do you hope people would say about you at your funeral?
DaYUM, you know, she sure did make me laugh, really laugh and I mean, spit my coffee out, drink out your nose laugh, laugh until my face and stomach hurt. Laugh, she made me laugh until I cried. She was good people, I'll miss her. I hope that's what they say about me when I'm gone.

21 comments:

Shannon said...

"Mexican Martini"

What's it gonna take to give me that recipe? I know....walk around smelling like a wet dog. I heart Missy!

Carly said...

Loved your list! I LMAO at "smack your mama good" Mexi-Martini. Sounds veddy interesting.

Diana said...

OK, because my nickname is "dirty diana"...I just gotta say it....can I say since your favorite smell is "wet dog", can I say my favorite smell is "wet snatch?" Just wondering........

I agree with the favorite item of #17-I can't live w/o my bike either.....hey let's virtual ride somewhere together!!!

untpawgal02 said...

race registration... that soooooooo counts as something you bought yourself :)

Chloe said...

YES! Race regstration so counts - I mean, you do get a shirt and ususally beer with it! Yeah beer :)

MEXICAN MARTINI!! HOLY SHIT! That sounds fab.

I'm going to have to watch Pineapple express again tonight (bless netflix) thug life.

Glad you are back on the SBR bandwagon! But keep those guns, we might need them in a bar fight. :)

joyRuN said...

Nice list, girl!

And - yeah, what is that supasecret Mexican Martini recipe??

kristen said...

Thanks for your words to me. I knew I liked you from get. I don't think people could handle us together as a package though. We'd probably make poeple cry.

Dr Pepper chap stick - that some serious old school right there.

Pinapple Express - the end with that jack ass Tom Cruise was h-i-l-a-r-e-o-u-s.

I think your definitely making your mom proud because your enjoying life and being an overall good person. She's probably constanly saying, "that's my girl"

Carolina John said...

my bike is currently my major form of transportation. my car was totalled last april and i never replaced it. of course, i never leave the house so it has worked out so far.

so are you going to tell us what the race registration was for? maybe b2b?

Tilghman Carroll said...

Lord, I don't know if it's because of the lack of sleep/extreme IM training exhaustion, but you made me tear up with #20...dern you!

Um, I think you, Chloe and I need to have a movie date...beer/wine and Pineapple Express...holla!

Shit, beer and pizza is a "guilty pleasure"...it's become an every day occurance in my life!

Amy said...

Smack your momma good. LOL, so funny.

Loved your tagged items!

Oh and yes Up North meant MI - Burt Lake to be exact.

Jo Lynn said...

Very nice! Nice road bike, btw. You're a very simple, "low maintenance" gal, aren't you? So different than the girls out here in Cali. I wish I had more girls like you in my personal "real" life. ;)

Marcy said...

I'm soo with you on the tanks. I always do the cheapy Target ones during the summer months. Sometimes you can even find them on the clearance racks for $2. Can't go wrong there, right?

Anonymous said...

I was just reading a bunch of IM random race reports as I prepare for my first at IMKY this summer. I really liked your words of wisdom...I am going to take many of the pieces to heart: not clock watching, always move forward, keep the energy steady...don't get too high or too low.

Thanks for the great pieces of advise

Melanie said...

You do make me laugh... but i'm not wishing anything upon ya. Hope you have many many many many years of making us all laugh. great list.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Mexican Martini, I lived in Arizona for 17 years and never heard of it, I need to try one of those.

You ready for 10:30pm faceoffs on Tuesday and Thursday!! GO WINGS!!!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
Turkey
...

Turkey? Wow, you're brave, sister! Because I could just SEE you ending up in a Turkish prison:

Turkish Customs Guy: Please to tell me how these drugs to ends up in your butts, please?

IO Missy: I have no ide- WAIT!1! Glaaaavennnn!1! You and your Photoshop aren't funny anymore!1!

I could REALLY see that happening.

Wes said...

"I think girls can do anything"

Me too, and I ain't just sayin it :-)

Runner Leana said...

I LOVE your quote...and I love pizza and beer too. Yummy!

Susi said...

all hail only children!!! (as you may have surmised, i too am an only child...my excuse for not sharing: i'm an only child and i failed sharing in kindergarten. damn, i should have used that as my quote. speaking of which, i had your quote on my office door. is one of the better ones!

KK said...

Hi Missy,
I came here from my sister's site (Amy) and I loved your list. Especially the last two-I feel the same about what you wrote about what you want people to say about you when you're gone. And you seem like a really strong, inspiring person.

I also like the bike best for the same reasons.

Cheers!

SC's Adventures said...

I think your Mum would be so very proud of you. All that you have accomplished and all that you want to achieve.

Reading about your Mum in your blog, I would definately say that she would be proud of her daughter's sense of humour. Chip off the old block, so it seems.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!