Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nite Ride!

Oh, how we love a nite ride! It's cool, pretty and you can see some interesting stuff...hopefully, not the front bumper of a moving vehicle, a bat on your head or pissed off owl.

Yeah, what's it to ya! I'd still rather have him in a bar fight but these guns are killah!
See the super kit kat lights he's got on the top of his helmet? They're bright and look like a beacon when you're descending at 35mph in the dark...we gots killer headlights too. Yeah, well, there a beacon in the nite because he's so stinkin fast that at least I have something to follow up that hill!
I think it took 5 minutes to get this picture taken. We just stood in the parking lot holding each other smiling. Yep, ladies, when taking a picture - neck out and down! Ang's is a photographer, she's always yelling at me, neck out and down, don't want your chin to waddle right into your neck! I always do that too, pull my neck in and look like I have a huge waddle.
No, I did not smoke a bag before we took this picture...my contacts are killing me here. Dry as two little stones.

Just in case you were wondering, today's fries were from Rexburg Idaho and the Five Guys people think I'm an idiot.

Ryan is beyond hungry at this point. What gives it away?

This week through Thursday nite - six miles running (already!), yeah, I know, weak. I'm just making a come back. Riding - only once due to weather. Swimming - only once and it was harrrd. Holy crap! My shoulders are killing me. I think my body is just rejecting the anti-swim action is has been getting. Kind of like a run taper when your legs feel all squirmy (the jimmy leg) - I think that's what my arms are going through right now. I'm afraid I might punch someone in the face! My shoulders are so sore that I can't sleep on my sides. Meh, I'll be cured of that soon. More of all three this weekend and NOOOO, I didn't get up at 4am to go swim today, ah, the joy.

A question - does anyone out there DRINK epsom salts? Just curious. The bag says you can, magnesium is good for repair??? It tastes really salty but whateveah. Weird.

21 comments:

Shannon said...

You look cute in your joy-zee! You look happy running/biking & NOT having to get up at the butt-crack-of-dawn to swim! For the love of pete, sleep in will ya?

Carly said...

Cool about the night ride! I so would be that person that gets clocked by a car.

Great pics!

FLATOUT JIM said...

Night time ride, WHY?

I'd be worried about a stray pothole. And if there was one on the road, I would find it.

Diana said...

"Everything's better with a bag of weed!"

Keith said...

DRINK Epsom Salts??? Are you mad? When there's still wine in the world?

Running at night, well, significantly pre-dawn can be scary enough, bur riding? I don't have that much nerve.

joyRuN said...

"Neck out & down" - got it! If I start looking like a depressed turtle in my pics, that's on you.

Brave with the night ride - I can barely dodge crap in broad daylight.

Drinking Epsom - yuck. If you need magnesium, I think they sell pills for that too :)

Dave said...

Love the night runs...except things get lonely at about 0300 in tha AM. You will learn this on your 24 hour endeavor...(if you are by yourself.) When I am on a trail...some of the wildlife startles me...like an armadillo running across the trail...or one time, a skunk...as far a salts...S! Caps are the "salt" of choice.

Marcy said...

LMAO! I'm with Keith! I didn't even know you could drink it?! HAHA!

kristen said...

Drink Epsom salt? No. but I have noticed that. I though it was for some kind of diretic - and well, no problems with that here. .

Night ride. I'm scared shitless to hit the road durning the day, let alone at night? Crazy.

Melanie said...

i'd be scared to ride at night, i'd find that one lone pothole too. love the pics!

Molly said...

Nice job on the night ride! Great pix!!! :)

Wes said...

Epsom salt will induce rectal vomiting :-) You're welcome...

Carolina John said...

drinking epsom salts is weird. no thanks

at least you got to eat five guys. i've been low-fat lately trying to shed a few pounds. five guys makes me drool.

IronBob said...

I only drink it when my Mad Dog is gone.

AKA Alice said...

Drinking Epsom Salts is really old-school. I remember my dad drinking some once (and making really EXCELLENT faces). I can't remember why though...

Jo Lynn said...

He's 6'5" and you're 5'9"? You would have HUGE kiddos. LOL
I think if you drink epsom salt with the magnesium, it would make you poop a ton. Oh, and think of the water you would retain. yuck!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

No, I did not smoke a bag before we took this picture ...

LIAR! I can tell you're nicely toasted in that picture, sister, you just don't wanna SHARE.

Um, if you're looking for something that's full of vitamins and minerals that tastes (so I'm told) "salty" and that is technically potable, there are other ... um ... options. Talk to Ryan. If he can't help you figger out what I'm referring to, I'm disappointed in him.

Chloe said...

NICE PICTURES! Whatever - I know what you where doing before that picture was taken! I've seen Pineapple Express :) Thug Life.

Anyway - looks like a pretty fun ride.

I usually mix the Epsom salts with a nice martini. Or possibly a tasty glass of white wine. Actually I don't know anything about Epsom Salts. I haven't even ventured into salt tablets yet. Maybe I should look into that since it's hot as hell here right now.

Susi said...

have always wanted to do a night mountain bike ride...not so much for the night road bike ride. as i write that i have no idea the reasoning behind my preference...hmmm.

drink epsom salts? what, did you become addicted to salt water when you swam in florida. ew. haha.

Runner Leana said...

Yeah, I do this head tilt thing in like every photo to avoid the waddle. Drives my friends nuts and they like to make fun of me, but whatever!

Have a great weekend!

TRI-james said...

the dreaded jimmy arms now - ouch

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!