Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mad Skillz

Time to put up or shut up...

I'm getting ready to test my mad swimming skillz, my mad, very high tech mobile blogging skills AND my mad, mad packing skillz. I am ready for the race, no doubt. I'll make it. The question is how fast? I will utilize my killer booberry blogging skillz to post any wicked ridonkulous news and finish time (not that it will mean much to most). I like to travel light so we'll see about those packing skillz - a pair of shorts, a dress, three bathing suits and some goggles. Seems right?

Stuff I hope to see or experience:

Cuban Food - every time I ask, well, what is it? No one ever says anything other than gooood.

Europeans running around in thong bathing suits. This WILL be documented (with my new camera!).

I guess, if I get those two things + my swim, I'll leave happy.

My apologies in advance for my lack of bloggy comments. I will spend some good, quality blog time on Sunday catching up. Sooo much easier than dealing with this 3" screen!

My best to all racing this weekend - lots of half and full marathons going on. Be careful out there, it's gonna be hot in the South. Eat lots of salt!

25 comments:

Oz Runner said...

lol...good luck on the cuban food and thong bathing suits...oh yeah, and the swim!

Dave said...

Homegirl...with the mad skillz...just keep it reeeellll! G.

D in the houuuse.

kristen said...

How sad would it be if you swam a 5k faster than I run one? Sad for me only I suppose.

Good luck. It's going to be awesome. You have lots of workouts in the bank for this. Just cash them in and put those guns to work baby.

Diana said...

Those "guns" will drown the competition! Best of luck, look forward to reading the "after" report and seeing thong bathing suits!

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

Have fun and spend lots of money in our State, we need it.
Take a water proof camera on the swim to get some "action" shots.
I did that at Alcatraz 15 years ago and you get some really neat looks when you get out of the water and are taking the spectators pictures...unless of course you are serious about your time and then of course you wouldn't, but you know that...

TRI-james said...

Good luck - I hope you have a killer swim!

Carolina John said...

Good luck and safe travels, missy. put some candy pics up will ya!

Tilghman Carroll said...

Yee haw! D Day is here...I know you'll rock it! Get a tan for me (or at least a tan that doesn't have bike shorts/jersy/racer back lines).

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck and have fun!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Dudes in thongs, sister?

Hubba! Can't wait!

Good luck!

Lora said...

Best wishes for a great race!

Shazza said...

Good luck with the race! And with the cuban food and european thong spotting. Enjoy!!

Jo Lynn said...

ROCK IT Girlie!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Have fun! Good luck!

Susi said...

Go get em' tiger and have a blast doing it! Wait...can tigers swim? Anyways, you get the point! :)

JP said...

Missy, you put in the miles, now go CRUSH IT ! Best of luck.

untpawgal02 said...

Good luck with the swim this weekend... can't wait to hear about it :)

Michele said...

Good Luck. Can't wait to hear all about it.

SC's Adventures said...

I'm right behind you Missy. Go kick some arse!

Shannon said...

Have Fun Olive, er I mean Missy! BTW, the cubans don't speak English so don't yell they still don't understand you.

Runner Leana said...

Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Chloe said...

Nice! That sounds like a sweet Snoop Dog track.

Good luck !!- and I know for a fact you accomplish your Miami goals :) Just remember - go to the Cubian place that looks sketchy and there is a line out the door. Of cubians.

And my verification word is unpooh. What the heck?

Melanie said...

Go kick some ass! You'll do awesome for sure! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Wes said...

What kind of packing skillz do you need for a swim event? :-) Have a great weekend!! I can't wait to see those pics!!! hahahaha!

Amy said...

Good luck!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Try the Cuban food, you won't regret it.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!