Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm special...

OH, I'm special, alright! See what handy work Glaven did for me in all his spare time? So much for running around in girl shorts and riding his sissy bike...he's gots some photoshop skilz! Don't be surprised if you see this as my new avatar on my profile - I'm kinda keen on it.

I feel this good right now (see MissyOyl above) because it's 7:30pmishCST and I'm falling asleep. Yep, 5K swim this morning AND a hillierthanhell bike ride. It was only ~25ish miles but I was hanging on to the boyz for dear life. My arms held up on the climbs and they didn't squash me too badly. It may be the first time evah they didn't have to wait on me at a turn. I was so excited UNTIL my stomach started to eat itself. Apparently, one gluten free waffle, coffee, accelerade and a peanut butter and nutella sandwich is not enough for all that activity this morning. I RAN to the nearest Mexican restaurant, ordered my Coke (it's my #1 post ride drink, screw recovery beverage, I need sugar, mainline, stat), beer and fajitas. I didn't come up for air until I ran out of tortillas and called it a day.

In Ironman training news....from my friends, of course....
I received a message from a friend training for her first IM this year. (Married with two little kids and works fulltime, ouch.) She said - I'm so tired, I'm going to do a face plant. I'm not sure how I got to work today. I have ~4 more months of this. Does it get any better? I had to giggle but only in sympathy. As she anticipated, the answer is NO. You don't feel any more rested BUT you do get accustomed to taking a five minute cat nap on the toilet.

It's not an easy road. Hang tough kidz! For you first timers, totally worth it but there may be ~3 weeks during your peak that you're ready to throw in the towel. Hang tough, it pays off.

ONLY 3000 Meters to hit that magical 20,000 meters swimming this week! You know how everything is relative...I've never been so excited for a 'short' 3000 meter workout in my life. Woohoo! One week from today, eeekkk....getting a little skerd.

12 comments:

Southbay Girl said...

One more week!!! Woop! Woop! I'm sure after the day you had I'd be tired too! I've done nothing today and I'm tired! I did find another reverse tri on the 26th that I might do!!! And i'll have slicks for my hybrid bike-baby steps!!! A cyclist at work felt sorry for me talking about doing a tri on nubby tires!!

One week baby! How exciting!!!!

Melanie said...

LOL love that pic that Glaven did! Keep swimming girl, you're almost there! :)

Keith said...

Peanut butter and Nutella is food of the gods. That and a glass of milk is perfect recovery. At least I think so. Beer and fajitas aren't bad either.

Only a 3K swim tomorrow? You'll be out of the water so fast you won't even be all wet. I've been thinking about all the swimming you're doing, and I'm not convinced I've ever done 20 K in any one month. Colour me impressed. (And yes, that's the right spelling!)

Jo Lynn said...

You truly are a beautiful woman. ;) Great keeping up with the guys! Funny how you drowned yourself in fajitas and beer. LOL

joyRuN said...

MissyOyl - LOVE it!

Along with the nutella. Mmmmm...

Dang - I feel for your friend. I'm having a hard enough time training for just one event, much less a whole IM. Dunno how you peeps do it. I can't fall asleep on the toilet.

TRI-james said...

The way you are swimming is it even worth getting wet for 3k?

Shannon said...

One More Week! Your Gonna Rock It Sista!

BTW, that definitely needs to be your new picture.

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

See if Glaven can superimpose that picture on your IMFL finisher picture. could look pretty good. Tell your friend 50% of the battle in mental. Wish I had known what I know now 20 years ago...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Thanks for the shout, sister. The Olive Oyl does give your biceps a bit more definition, but at the expense of your pneumatic breast.

Not many women would be happy at that trade off, but YOU are so I commend your commitment!

Still, commitment and small breasts ain't gonna win you a husband.

Lucky you're already married.

triguyjt said...

man...you are crazy with the 20,000 in a week...awesome.....

but you are iron-oly!!!!

aron said...

I am amazed by all you IM athletes, the time and dedication to the training is amazing... when I think of how tired I am just from marathon training and thats only a tiny part of yours I am just in awe :)

Deniel Hopkins said...

good post and love the photos!! especially that last one!! keep tri-ing

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!