Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday? Are you sure about the Good Part?

Good Friday, a day off from work where the pool is closed. AHHHH, yeah, I could have done something else but it was oh so nice to sleep in. Plans were to hike with dogs out at 'the park.' After an early a.m. storm, we passed - two girls with two weak (sprained) ankles between the two of us and we thought it best NOT to hike in mud. Good decision. Instead, we hit the Farmers Market but NOT before Angie made me run the steps before I was allowed to eat. What kind of weird ass boot camp is this? Those are steps that go to a short 'landing' and then more steps, 180 to be exact. One up and one down, good, we get to eat. OK, you ready? Ready to eat yes! Nope one more time. OK, second time, up and then down, good, hufpuff, I'm good. OK, how about at least one more time, maybe two? YES already, then do I get to eat? Yes, she says, one more time. Three times, the thunder started and we went to the Farmers Market. ...to shop and eat, thank gawd.
We mill around looking at all the foods, veggies and toilet seat covers - yep, they got a flea market section too. Velour looking toilet seat covers that would look lovely in your home. Then a crazy lady with a plant stand says - the sireeeens are going off (think southern accent), you better get in your car and go home, we're locking up. None of this makes sense. Yes, crazy lady, I heard the sireeeens going off, fine, but I'm not freakin getting in my GD car and driving into the storm. WTF? Sooo, we get some food and a seat away from the windows and eat (while simultaneously getting text messages from respective husbands regarding the status of the storms). We ate, we shopped and then got home to the TV. Houses flattened, people injured, lives lost. This is not how Good Friday is supposed to go.It got ugly where we were but the tornadoes hit ~20 miles from where we were and our homes. Why is it that when anything tragic happens, they find the biggest redneck they can find? I mean, I'm sure there were other people to choose from, there's a lot of devastation out there right now. But the guy in the wifebeater tank and one tooth, he's the best interviewee you got? Then there was the praise Jebus lady...all I can do is praise Jesus, that's all I can do, I've lost everything, my neighbors lost everything too, but all I can do is praise Jesus....because WE're all alive. The rest is just things, praise Jesus. Well, I may not be the biggest Praise Jebus person in the world but I can only hope that she can find comfort in that.

Stay tuned to your local news and weather if you're southeast of us...it's an ugly one. More workout news to come...we're currently glued to the tv.

15 comments:

kristen said...

Saw the devestation on the news (although I missed the wife-beater, one-toothed interview). Not cool. I am glad you are unscathed. Praise Jesus!! And I'm being serious.

Melanie said...

That's a lot of stairs! Hope the food was worth all that work! :D Scary weather, glad you and yours are ok, but how unfortunate for the others.

Dave said...

You guys take care of yourselves...from a guy who grew up in tornado alley...reminds me of a joke...what does a divorce and a tornado have in common in Arkansas....somebody is going to loose a Trailer Home...

Happy Easter

Al's CL Reviews said...

Haven't seen the devastation, but do know my friend missed it by 10 minutes driving through...thank God for her lil boy's bladder making them stop.

Stay safe.


180 stairs...*3?!?!?! You have a mean boot camp trainer...wait, mean and boot camp should go in the same sentence.

Happy Easter!

Jo Lynn said...

Good decision about the park. You are right -- mud is trouble where ankles are concerned. Steps are HARD, aren't they? They'll wear you out in a heartbeat. Good workout though.

Diana said...

Watch out for the biaatch on the broom stick flying by the window!

I love storms-can't wait for severe weather season!

Nice job on the steps...I hate steps!

Shannon said...

I have to pick one line of the week, that's get the biggest shiz eating grin and it was this one....

"But the guy in the wifebeater tank and one tooth, he's the best interviewee you got?"

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

Oh, come on... This is an opportunity to put the wind at your back and get your tri bike up to 50 or 60...

In all seriousness, hope all is well...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

180 steps?!

Rocky was a p*ssy compared to you!

Wait - was the lady praising Jesus or Jebus?

Because she can't praise both!

Unless she was praising Jes-bus. But I think Jes-bus is a secular form of mass transportation, so if she was worshipping that, what an IDIOT!1! Who praises THAT? It's NEVER on time!

Hope the weather has calmed down for you, sister!

FLATOUT JIM said...

Man, I'll take a blizzard over a twister any day.

mmbaker said...

Missy,
How did your swim go today? R said he started after you, you kicked his ass and you were still swimming when he hobbled off.
I am going to try this blog thing again. Too many fun things coming up that need to be published! Ha!

Eileen Swanson said...

Glad you're ok! Geez that is crazy weather!

Marcy said...

I'm so LMAO at IronBob's comment! You know he does have a point!

Runner Leana said...

Haha! Love Dave's joke and Glaven's comment! Glad you are okay though. That's some scary weather!!

Wes said...

We left the house early for dinner because those nasty ass storms were coming. They passed north of our house by about 10 miles. Blech!!!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!