Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Hiatus

Sorry for the Easter Hiatus, I was busy working my way into a sugar coma from all the goodies in my basket - three, count em, three packages of Peeps (does anyone actually eat those?), Sour Patch Kids, Sweet Tarts and Reeses Eggs. What a combo! All tasty little nuggets, except for the sugar coated marshmallows...they usually end up as petrified dog treats around here.

16,000 Meters swimming last week - book it! I totally turned into a prune on my 5K workout Saturday. Literally, the fingers shriveled and my arms were screaming BUT I made it. This week, 20,000 Meters on tap. As if the people at the pool weren't already sick of seeing me there enough, they're going to get an extra dose this week. BUT then, the glorious taper, how I love a taper! Many people don't like a taper, freaks them out, makes them question their preparedness or want just one more workout. Not me. I look forward to less workouts and more rest and to get amp'd up for race day. The only thing I do hate is that my muscles freak out - I get the jimmy leg at night where I just kick out for no apparent reason and my legs feel all twitchy and creepy crawly. Now if this happens with my arms, poor Ryan is going to get punched in the middle of the nite and not have a clue what he did wrong (forewarning). Ouch.

My family thought it was weird that the Ironman 70.3 World Championships were on tv yesterday...I had to tell them it was 2008. I can watch that stuff like it's some kind of 'new news.' I mean, I know who won but seeing it is a whole different ball game. If anyone ever thinks that doing an Ironman is a good idea, I highly recommend watching one live/volunteering. It'll push you in one direction or the other. I saw a couple before I signed up. While I was totally inspired and loved being there, I knew I wasn't ready. By the time I hit my third one, I knew it was the right idea!

19 comments:

joyRuN said...

I don't like Peeps by themselves, but chocolate-dipped ones - I can't resist those!

I've been eating a hideous amount of candy too. I feel like @$$.

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

Damn Arnie and his bike. Missed the show because I was "getting my ass kicked on my own bike" (that's a vision, isn't it?).
Probably just as well, I would have been torn between Ironman and Masters anyway...
Have a great week.

TRI-james said...

I sat down and learned how to program the VCR for the Ironman 70.3 coverage. I got my TV and my biek ride!

Peeps are best being thrown at other people! They make great projectiles.

Diana said...

PEEPS are by far...THE food of the Gods! They are the best HARD, but then again what isn't?!
I did not know Ironman was on TV yesterday-Son of a biaaaatch.

Melanie said...

Awesome job on the swim, and I dvr'd Ironman, haven't watched it yet though :)

Runner Leana said...

Peeps do funny things if you microwave them. So if you don't want to eat them, might as well stick them in the microwave!! Congratulations on the 16,000 metres of swimming, and good luck on the 20,000 this week!

kristen said...

I second the sugar coma.

I feel like crap this morning.

Shannon said...

I was a good girl yesterday, I only ate a little bit of fried turkey, and a tiny cupcake. I teach 2 spins today, I'll be burning that shiz off fo sho!

Who the he** eats Peeps?!?

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Nice job on the swimming! yea! As for the peeps - as an experiment my hubby put a package in the back window of our car for 6 months when we lived in Pensacola... there they stayed for the entire summer, shriveling and becoming very un-peep-like. But they survived...After that, I really haven't wanted to eat them. Ever.

Now PB eggs on the other hand...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I AM A MAN of teh PEEPS-ple!

No fat in those puppies.

I lurve me some peeps!

Wes said...

I saw a recipe for deep fried peeps today. Ummmm, still no :-)

Susi said...

as i was reading your post i was drooling...mmmm...chocolate. then i saw that you swam 16000 m last week and thoughts of chocolate were replaced with 'we're not worthy!!!'. holy hannah girl, you rock!

theloosemoose said...

No Cadbury Cream Eggs? Stupid Easter Rabbit.

Dave said...

ok...nerd alert...from 1995 to 2004i had the Ironman Kona on tape...I could name the winners...and on certain races tell you their splits...how sick is that...remember when Tim DeBoom came in second before he won the following year...remember when Hellriegel rode like a bat out of hell in 96 before he cratered in the run...only to come back in 97 to win...remember when....

Jo Lynn said...

Girl, you are a swimming machine. Damn! That's a lot of strokin' baby. ;)
I, amazingly enough, don't like Peeps. But to me, Easter is an excuse to eat MORE candy that I usually do.

RBR said...

Peeps are exist only to be blown up in the microwave. I didn't know anyone actually ate them.

I can't even wrap my head around a 5k swim. Total BEAST status for sure.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

True Confessions time: I have stalked your blog for a while now and have read your IM report like 5 times!

Chloe said...

you are a feaking swimming machine!!! Good luck on the high 'mileage' week!!

Oh man. Your easter basket sounds heavenly. Sour patch kids? Yes please! I can eat them until my mouth hurts!!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Yummy Easter Candy. And you're swimming HOW MUCH?!? I think you could eat 12 baskets of those then!
You Rock!:)

Al's CL Reviews said...

I don't think I ever had a peep.

I'm very impressed with the swimming.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!