Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To wear a bikini...

To wear a bikini...well, I've booked a flight and it's looking like the 5K swim is forilla. We were all kind of hanging low just to ensure we were going to do this thing AND we could pull it off monetarily. The money diet is totally working - it has just put a HUGE cramp in my racing schedule (Ryan's too). This may be my only 'travel race' for the year - unless I can camp, not doing it. So, I'm going to make the most of it. Now, I've never been to Miami but I'm looking forward to some craziness. The REAL question is - to wear a bikini? I'm never comfortable in one - while running in a one piece speedo is GREAT, a two piece anything is scary to me. I don't know why. I figure that I must be a sticklet or shredded to put one on. But seriously, have you seen people at the beach? The thing that gets me is that they are perfectly confident about the whole thing...no matter what is jiggling. They don't give a rip, obviously. I'm not sure what I'll do and maybe Miami is just what I need to bring out my inner two piece body that my soft gooey center says - go ahead and put it on, but I digress. I mean if she can go to the gym like this, certainly I should be able to get into a bikini with some kind of self confidence???Work is wicked crazy right now but I managed to get in a three mile run and do something I wasn't able to do all last year....stop and talk to a neighbor in the middle of the run. When you're hardcore training and your time is so 'managed,' you can't bother with more than a wave and roll. I said I wasn't going to do that this year and I'm not. A friend and neighbor wanted to talk for a minute so, gasp, I stopped my watch, said hi to his kids and kicked a soccer ball why the dad and I talked. What a novel idea...

19 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

You go and wow em in Miami. Don't be scared of the two piece, and get pics. I'm a guy, what can I say.

Seriously though, Our Sunday Masters is before a public swim. You would not believe who shows up to a public pool in a bikini. I didn't know spandex could stretch that far.

Again. Don't hate me. I'm a guy. And everyone will stare and say "Look at that fit chick, I bet she runs in a one piece swim suit"

Shannon said...

I'm taking more time to "smell the roses" as well.

I say go for the two piece, hell, you'll be drinking mojitos anyway so you won't really care what people are thinking!

Dave said...

Sometimes we get so wrapped up on our training that stopping, God forbid, may acutally not allow me to cut the 2 seconds off my run...please....I vow the same thing. Enjoy the things/people around you. On the bikini note...it's your call. I noticed that it usually the ones who don't need to wear...are wearing. :(

Chloe said...

Do it. Screw what anyone thinks Plus you'll look better then 99.9% of the people on the beach anyway. The .1 being the Russian models who are trying to find a sugar daddy and a green card. :) Get out of your pussydome (freaking love that word) and put a two bikini and get a sweet tan in Miami!

joyRuN said...

Ouch! That picture hurt my eyes :(

Go for the two piece! I know you'll look fantastic next to some of the girls rolling up around the Jersey Shore. Yeesh.

Diana said...

Go for broke......hit the 2-piece and walk proud when everyone stares thinking "bitch" looks good!! ;-)
Love the pic-I wish I had had a suit like that when I was fat to work out in....sexy!

Melanie said...

go for the bikini... you'll look better than those there anyway, and really, are you ever going to see the other beach-goers again?

Wes said...

Way to stop and smell the roses :-) You'd be fine in a bikini. You are an Ironman after all!

Marcy said...

Do it Do it Do it!! Especially if you ever plan on having kids. Because after that? Yeaahh those days might be numbered (unless you're one of those lucky B's that don't get stretchmarks and all that shiz). I wish I had walked around on the beach nude before having these hellions HAHAA

Jill said...

So when is this little 5k swim? Joe and I are headed to Miami in June.

I say go for the bikini...you only live once. I used to dread the bikini...but now 25# heavier than in my 20's and I wish I had sported one back in my skinny days. I can totally see why the jiggly ones do it now. Who gives a flip? Afterall, you're out of town...who is going to bring it back to TN and blab??

Oh, that picture reminds me of a slug...ugh...

Congrats on the T30.

Carolina John said...

get out there and two piece it woman. you called it, it's all about confidence. ironman confidence will see you through. besides, since it's travel you won't see anybody who's judgement can mean anything. have fun!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Frankly, sister, I'm not gonna weigh in on the bikini issue, but I DID want to thank you for that picture because ...

MAN!1! I would TOTALLY HIT THAT!1!! Any one of her folds would do - I don't care!1!

Très HAWT!1!

Holly Jane said...

Slide into the 'kini!!! If you can't pull it off, NO ONE can!

Carly said...

I am with Marcy....wow 'em now. I wish I would have prior to the c-section flap, stretch marks, and teets that hang to the knees.

untpawgal02 said...

What are you waiting for... summer... get in that bikini girl :)

Jo Lynn said...

Let me tell you something! I go to Jamaica every year. Nobody there knows me. I'm there for a week. I'm pretty sure I'm not the most important person there, meaning I don't think every set of eyes is looking at me.

I wear a bikini and it usually has strings. ;)

kristen said...

Your crazy. I've seen pics - I bet you could totally rock a two piece. I have to because I'm only 5'3" and look squaty (word?) in a one piece. If it jiggles a little so be it. And if anybody stares and glares - I'll challenge them to a push-up throw down, and I bet I'd win. screw em.

Runner Leana said...

I hate bikinis too...but I really like the ones from Speedo's flipturns collection. Of course I haven't worn that out in public yet though. But yeah...you are going to Miami, totally go for the bikini!

Southbay Girl said...

Ok...you are an ironwoman! I'm sure you look fantastic in a bikini!! And Miami can be fun! The cuban food is awesome!!!

When is the swim??

I'll be back in Nashville in May for my son's graduation-maybe there will be a short race around that time. But we will be going to Arrington Vineyards because family will be in from out of town!! We'll be drinking vino together in May!!

Penny

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!