Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My IM 'Tattoo'

The great debate after Ironman...to get the tattoo? I've struggled with it and part of me wants it but I decided on a pendant + diamond + a chain to commemorate last years event. The picture isn't the greatest but I love it. It's very small and doesn't scream IRONMAN...it just whispers it a little bit. If you saw it, you may not know what it is. And only those that know will know and I'm AOK with that. This came in the mail today so I was all geeked out. AND THEN a new bathing suit and goggles arrived. Sorry, no pictures of that here. I'll be streaking through your neighborhood on a run in my new Speedo soon enough.

Monday was a day off and I was thankful for that. Errands, pulling weeds and the MOST HATED JOB IN THE HOUSE...picking up the yard, yep, picking up poop after two large dawgs. How do YOU know it's time to mow the lawn? How do YOU know when it's long or thick enough? Yeah, you go out to pick up the dayum yard and YOU CAN'T FIND A TURD. They've all fallen or are buried in the grass. I'm such a slack ass that I didn't bother to mow. I just picked up the two turds I could find and called that a chore well done. I know there is NO freakin way there's only two turds out there...my dogs shit more than Diana and her cranky gall bladder (which is, thankfully, all fixed now).

Tuesday - some 5:00am swimming or more like 5:15 because I just can't seem to get there quite on time. Maybe a ride and some running in the afternoon, we'll see what the weather holds...I hear it might be perfect to mow the lawn BARF! That's not fun.

23 comments:

Shannon said...

I say get the tattoo sista, I'm definitely getting THE tattoo if I ever do it.

BTW, I used to mow right over the poop with the mower when I had my dog. What does that say about me?

Carlee said...

I think the pendent is so perfect; it's close to what I would want. Take that back what I will want, someday

Dan Seifring said...

No tattoo's yet for me. IF I ever become an Ironman I will break down and get one.

I feel your pain with picking up the poop. I have a big St. Bernard and a Black Lab.

Diana said...

That pendant is awesome, but you know by now, tatts are what I'm all about! I'd be getting just a small one of the Mdot, but placement is the total key!
Thanks for the shout out-I'm honored to be put in the same category as dog shit!! That's why I have cats, no picking up shit from the grass.
Get yourself a tire and pull that bitch behind you while cutting the grass-does a body good! :-)

Chloe said...

If you mow the poop, wouldn't that just make it furtilizer? Ha!

Cool pendant! Love it!

Um. Yeah. Rock of Love bus stinks now. I do not like the Penthouse girl or the one with the country twang. BORING :( Brett, you've lost a loyal fan.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

4:26 a.m. sister? Man, I thought I was hardcore!

I wish I could get my agoraphobic mutt to poop in our backyard!

Congrats on the new bling. If you do go for the tat, may I suggest a tasteful @$$-tattoo?

Then after you get it, upload piXXX!!!!1!!

Calyx Meredith said...

Lovely pendant! Will you wear it while training or only for special occasions?

The Running Girl said...

Nice pendant. I've wondered to myself about getting the tatoo when (note I said when) I do an IM. I kind of want a tatoo now. Just don't like pain and don't want it to be obvious either. Everyone has to do their own thing.

kristen said...

Love Love Love the pendant. Tatoos are cool and all, but this is more subtle. Like you, lol. Yeah, right. Serioulsy, it's perfect. I want to see a picutre of it on though.

Tilghman Carroll said...

The one thing worse than picking your dog's poop out of the grass is picking the grassy poop out of your dog...yes, you know what I'm talking about...if anyone has a dog that has ever eaten grass they know. I got to wake up to that chore yesterday, fun!

Oh yeah, love the pendant! ;)

Marcy said...

I like it! It's super cute :-)

I'm not sure I'd ever get a tat if I ever (HAHAHA let's all laugh) finished an IM but I totally dig that pendant idea :-)

TRI-james said...

bling bling

aron said...

LOL I feel you on the dog poop... we have 2 very large dogs too. but thankfully that is my husbands job 99% of the time, I'll take litter box duty any day :)

looove that necklace!

Dave said...

Good call on the IM "tattoo". There will be no regrets with that one...and hell yeah...I WORE THAT 50 MILE ULTRA FINISHERS BUCKLE...just wait when I get my first 100 mile run in...."the buckle" is my tattoo.

Carolina John said...

yea mow the lawn. I would much rather complain about stepping the turds than pick them up. i will shovel the ones out of the garden, though. if you can't see the turds it's time to mow.

Wes said...

I love your pendant. This little ring on my finger reminds ME all the time that I am an Ironman. That's all I need :-)

joyRuN said...

I LIKE the pendant! Subtle & can be taken off :)

Good luck finding that poop. If you leave it long enough, wouldn't it just be fertilizer?

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

LUCKYYYY !!! Girls get to do that stuff. For us guys that really dont want tats, what do we do???

My friends are saying my wearing the IM hat is gettin old. I tell them, tough shit...

Diana said...

Your comment on the quarters in the pool was funny, I almost put that in my post too. We used to always throw a shit load of coins in the pool and then have at it! What a blast!
Don't worry about me, I can take any kind of "shit" category!

Amy said...

Came here from Keith's blog. I love your necklace! It's perfectly understated but also powerful. :) Where did you get it?

Melanie said...

love the necklace :)

Lora said...

LOL! I've got a Great Dane and a Yellow Lab so I totally know what you mean about picking up the yard.

Love the pendant!!!!

Jo Lynn said...

I like tats but jewelry is right up there on my list too. ;)

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!