Thursday, March 19, 2009

More tired or more hungry???

Um, I'm going with more tired. Sometimes, you just have to decide which it's going to be - sleep or food, I swear. As of Wednesday nite, ~7500 yards of swimmin, 25 hillierthanhell miles of nite riding and 3 baby miles of running with MORE running on tap for tomorrow. I'm gonna break my two a week running streak, I swear! I was dreading the ride on Tuesday nite - I'll post the profile sometime but suffice it to say, hilly, the whole way. You're either going 9mph or 35mph. Now, reminder, this is a nite ride with headlites. Descending can be touch and go and often scary. I've got a killer lite but those daym deer like to pop out every once in a while. Weirdest nite ride experience - having one in our group get hit by a bat in the chest. I immediately wanted to turn back, just creepy. But I digress...getting my shiz together, getting some honest climbing skills on my road bike that I desperately need and runnin. After Wednesday nite swim, my arms are feeling like two limp sausages. Not sure if I can lift them to wash my hair yet - speed set, all about going fast.

In Southern News....

Seeing a donkey, mule, whatever, not totally uncommon. Seeing a guy on his ATV walking his donkey, very UNCOMMON. I was driving down the interstate and looked over a side road that runs parallel. I see a guy on an ATV and I look back and I see a donkey tied to the back. Just a guy and his ass out for a walk. Only in TN, I swear! Coming to Columbia, TN in April...it's Mule Days. YES, they have a Mule Day Queen and if I weren't too daym old, I'd try to get that freakin crown. Oh, to be a Mule Day Queen.

P.S. Open registration for Ironman St. George is now open if anyone is interested. May 1, 2010 - plenty of time to train...you can do it and I can cheer for you!

17 comments:

Shannon said...

"Oh, to be a Mule Day Queen." Your never to old to give up your dreams.....

BTW, I know it sucks to have the shaky arms when your trying to wash your hair(s). But I bet you got some nice guns to show for it.

Sincerely,
Your classy loves to tell dirty jokes friend!

Jen said...

I long to be a Mule Day Queen! Too funny!

Ryan said...

Maybe I could be Mule Day King because a lot of people think I'm an ASS!

I'm in for Utah, any reason to go west is good for me.

Carlee said...

love the idea of an ironman someday but my first ride on a hybrid taught me a few things about needing a bike upgrade first.

My word verification was: comityme; sounds like commit time, hmmmm

TRI-james said...

I miss (and dread) the hills - but at night! - scary stuff.

Chloe said...

Yeah Mules! HA! The collage I went to was CMSU and our mascot was the MULES! But it was a mean looking mule. As mean as a darn mule can get.

I would crap myself if I got hit by a bat. That is very very creepy.

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

You be careful out there... the guy with the mule might be walking on the same road your riding on. Might be difficult extracting you from an ass's ass.

Marcy said...

OMG the mental imagery! Ooohh chica that is hilarious. You can ride donkey's right?! Why not just ride the dayum thing?!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

So the guy was dragging his ass, so what?1!? I've had days like that.

Plus can I be Mule Day Queen, because to be disqualified just because I have a penis* is DISCRIMINATION!1!

*And WHAT a penis! I'm hung like a ... a ... O, what are those animals called, they're kinda like horses but smaller and they go EEEE-AWWW! but I can't remember what they're called ...

Dave said...

Reminds me of my down hill bike ride story. We'er camping in Garner State Park, TX. Big, big hill going down to the camp sites...about 2 miles...all freaking down hill. We would wait at the top for a car to start down the hill...let them get about 200 yards ahead...then catch'em on the Downhill...speeds estimated at about 45MPH...yeah we were in high school without a functioning brain housing group..and no helmet...what was I thinking.

p.s. great training you have going...now you need to learn to eat in your sleep.

Wes said...

This is why Dee Dee is not allowed to lead me in public :-)

Swimming is HARD WORK!! I have swum four times in the last two weeks for a measly 2800 yards, and I am worked over far more than ANY p90x workout I did.

Keep up the good work!!

joyRuN said...

Getting hit in the chest with a bat would've made me quit biking right then & there. No doubt on the CREEPY!

Melanie said...

The bat thing woulda made me fly off the bike for sure! Yikes! Note to self... ride during the day ONLY.

SC's Adventures said...

Sleeeeeep! That dog looks so comfy and chilled out on that sofa I just want to join him!

I might do an Ironman next year, we'll see how the half goes...

Lora said...

Mule Day Queen. Awesome!

A bat in the chest???? Would totally creep me out, too! Shivers...

Southbay Girl said...

I remember the mule day celebration when I was growing up... But being in the "big city" of nashville we never took a jaunt to "the country" to witness the celebration! I'm sure I missed a lot growing up!

You are insane to bike at night! Bat or no bat scary biking at night! You are hardcore!!

Penny

FLATOUT JIM said...

The Mule Queen. Now that sounds like a honey.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!