Friday, March 20, 2009

Is it 1984 or what?


I know I need a dayum style intervention on a good day. I look like I dress out of a duffel bag - Ryan calls me a duffel bag - it's because I mostly DO live out of a duffel bag. Oh hell, I so don't even care...maybe a tiny bit. BUT when I see something at Ann Taylor (or whatever), it's like, what else could I do with this $100? Then I buy some compression sox and sports bra instead. So, I dress like a duffel bag BUT here...I caught sight of myself before I walked out the door and I scared ME. I like compression sox for those days when it's a little cool and I need to protect my shins. My shoes are Filas and shiny green, throw in some 10 year old running shorts and a race shirt from a year ago and you got 1984!!! All that's missing is some big hair by me.

I DID go out and run like this and I'm certain the teenage boys driving by on their way home from school said - WTF was that?!? I never said I was cool. I got in four miles, count em, four - longest run since theincidentthatweshallnotspeakofhere - miles. They weren't fast but they're in the books baby. I'm breaking that two a week running streak, I can feel it. Two runs in the books, two swims, one bike - that leaves another run, another ride and two more swims. WTF am I training for again? Old habits die hard, guess I'm having Ironman sympathy pains for my friends.

Thanks for all that said they would vote for me for the Mule Day Queen. I think I'm about 20 years too late. Maybe we'll have an Ass King and Queen contest of our very own!


Randomness... Ever see or know someone who seriously looks like they're on the verge of crying or killing themselves ALL the time? I never know what to say to this person - if it's wrong they're bawling, if it's right, I might be their new best friend. And I don't need no psychocrazyforcocopuffs friend.

My oldest dog is really old, 12 year old Boxer. If she makes it through the year, I'd be surprised. It's hard watching them get old. You love them like crazy. She's just a slow movin these days and takes 30 minutes to take a crap. You can't be in a hurry to get anywhere these days OR you need to seriously plan ahead. At least SHE doesn't scoot across my floor and leave dingle berries!

20 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

Baby, you look like the coolest fastest girl in my high school. Of course that was 25 years ago.

Truth is, you can now dress in 25 year old clothes, and call it "RETRO" and boom you are a fashion god.

Shannon said...

Your Hot! I especially love the way your put the colors together.

I wear ball caps a lot at the gym and someone told me, "On the show what not to wear, women are never supposed to wear ball caps?" WTF, have you seen this hair in the morning? I wanted to say, "hey if you come do my hair I'll never wear a ball cap again." Sheesh...

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hahahahahaha! Sister, I took ONE look at those pictures of you and I seriously wanted to come over there, beat you up, and take your milk money! You're really stylin' there, Milhouse!

Also: I thought I was the only one n*ts@ckedly f*cktarded enough to wake up before 5 a.m. to blog. Now I know there's you, too, and two people (at least) who commented here before me! So many of us f*cktards out there!

When Sushi (our previous Sheltie) was dying from old age, it was one of the saddest experiences I've been through. It tears you up. I feel for you, sister!

Diana said...

You're only missing the Olivia Newton-John headband!
Lost my cat last year, sucks to lose a pet. Good luck with the puppy!
Your word verification for me is "stual"-that cracks me up after ab surgery!

Marcy said...

You remind me of a couple of my gym teachers LOL! In all honesty (now that I know what compression socks are. If you had me look at this pic 2-3 years ago I would have laughed) I don't think you look that bad! I think you look cute!

TRI-james said...

Put a beer in your hand and you could be playing softball.

Oz Runner said...

those socks are sweet...i should get my wife some, she has a 20 year hs reunion coming up....

sad about your dog, you can see the glazed look in her eyes...

Calyx Meredith said...

My verification word is "pacetrud" which I first saw as "paceturd"! Eeek. Anyway - the sox are awesome and I think you look great (but I don't own any clothes that aren't 5+ years old except workout ones so what do I know about style?)

My sister used to board her horses out in Bon Aqua and she always dragged me to the Mule Day parade. Never thought I'd miss that!

Chloe said...

Whoohoo! Love the outfit. There is no shame. Except you don't have on red white and blue wrist bands. I'll go to walmart and see if I can find you some.

Ugh. People like that totally stress me out. Big time. It's like you don't want to go there - but they might just cry in a corner if you don't.

Wes said...

Being cool is such a waste of time, unless you're a teen... LOL... I wouldn't take that old puppy on a run. A thirty minute crap would throw a kink in the training session ;-)

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

No dog comments? What's with your blogisphere mates, no sensitive folk?

Dogs are special "people" aren't they? They live way to short in our lives.

Looking at the picture, that reminds me, I need a hair cut...

Dave said...

Dressing out of a duffle bag...I hear it's the newest hip thing to do....if your in great shape, would prefer to work out to watching TV, and are wanting to live a full life...heck yeah...I think I got more dry fit shirts than golf shirts...and that is a very good thing!

Carolina John said...

hawt hawt hawt! here in the deep south, you would still fit right in!

and i'm surprised every day when i wake up and the wife's 15 yr old damnation ugh, dalmation is still with us. that thing is old. your boxer is still cute though.

Jo Lynn said...

Hey, if the shorts still do the job for you, it's all good.

Boomer better out live me.

aron said...

looove the fashion :)

I've been thinking about getting some compression socks lately - sounds like you like them!

ohhh doggie - so cute! I dont want me dogs to ever get old :(

Runner Leana said...

Sweet outfit Missy! Especially love the compression socks.

Ah yes, our puppies... Both Maggie and Finlay are on special vet food but it makes them happy so I guess that is all that matters! It is hard watching them get old...she's still a cutie though!

Melanie said...

Love the pic, you are too funny... missing a headband though and the frizzy teased up hair.

kristen said...

I know exactly what you mean. I would much rather spend $100 on training gear.

....so that picture was from *today*? lol, maybe you should spend some $$ and get some new diggs.

joyRuN said...

Way to rock the compression socks, girl!

I go around looking like I'm pre-, mid-, or post-run. No point in gettin' all stylish when I'm going to have to get changed anyway. I'm all about less laundry.

FLATOUT JIM said...

BTW Glaven Q

5:07 for me was really probably 6:37. Yeah that sounds much better.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!