Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday starts the Weekend!

Work was crazy busy - sorry about the sporadic posting. That's all the apology you're getting out of me!


Swim
After I cap off the week on Sunday, I'll be at ~12,000 - not quite the same as last week but life got in the way this time around. No worries. I'm good with it. Friday morning at 5am (barf), I got to swim with the big boys in Lane 1. I was very happy with my graduation until I had the grand realization it was just to even out some of the lanes. Aw hell. Someday! I only got lapped twice on two of the longer sets. Those 'kids' do a 1:20-1:35ish/100 Meters for crying out loud against my measly 1:45/100M. Damn it all to hell. On the bright side - I had to work harder to keep up (read: not get lapped, no real chance of keeping up) and I got to watch them underwater for tips. Ever look at someone and it just looks like they're not even working hard and you're just trying your damndest to hang on?! It can be very frustrating OR you can learn something. I'm just trying to learn 'something.' At least it's not like a bike ride when you get dropped, you're lost for days....


Dude showed up to swim on Friday with a bathing suit so threadbare that I saw nizuts. An arse is one thing but ....? I did NOT sign up for that, old man, and don't need the full frontal of your sad and withered package but thanks for the offer. I've never seen him before in my life so telling him to buy a new suit was out of the question. Maybe next week.


Bike
Yeah, stellar bike riding is once/week in my training class. Feeling improvement but can't seem to get my arse on the trainer at home. Gee, wonder why...can you say BORING!?!


Run
I can't seem to break the barrier of more than 2x/week. With swimming every moment (it seems), getting in just a little baby run seems like a huge challenge. How the hell did I train for Ironman....I ask this question of myself regularly. I already know the answer....I wasn't EVER home before 8:30pm unless to pick up a bike.




Randomness...

Said I wouldn't watch Biggest Loser any longer after the marathon deal...I lied. Sue me. BIG draaaama last week. Too many people cryin' on that show all the time, though. OH, and big daddy, that looks like he's been nursing puppies is totally running that show. Don't let that nice, soft smooth (yet hairy) exterior fool you.



Sam's Club - the upgrade from WalMart but not as bad as previous Sam's Club experiences, as you may have read - All checked out, walking to the door, show the lady my receipt and she says...

Good Job!

I look at her with a retarded look on my face, I'm sure.

Thanks, I said and walked out the door and busted out laughing.

I'm not sure what the Good Job was for...did I buy the right kind of foods (beer, avocados, tomatoes, tortilla chips, PineSol and laundry detergent)? Good Job, not sure about that. She was probably a teacher in a former life and that's her big closer.



Bikinis - Thanks for all the positive, yet perverted, feedback regarding a bikini. I'm going to go for it. Since a)I'm a cheap ass and b)It will be worn once in Miami because nobody knows me there, it's gotta be cheap-o. We'll let you know what kind of bikinis they have at WalMart. Hahahaha.



I've totally found my Halloween Costume...does this chick rock or what!? I love it. Wish I had the chance to wear it sooner.

19 comments:

Carlee said...

omg, nursing puppies

Keith said...

Just discovered your blog a little while ago and am loving it.

I'm with you on the swimmers. There's a couple really fast swimmers in the community pool I go to most of the time. I'm not sure what they're doing differently, but I'm trying to figure it out. Personally, I think they've worked out a special deal with the water molecules.

One of the downsides of mostly training alone is no buddy to tell you when you really shouldn't wear that workout gear anymore.

Good on you for the bikini decision. Do it while you can....

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

"Friday starts the Weekend!"

It sure does, sister!

Other possibly equally exciting (and certainly equally obvious) titles you might have gone with (but people would have to see where you're pointing):

"Food Goes In Here!"

"Poop Comes Out Here!"

"Turkey-Baster Goes In (And, Nine Months Later, Eight Babies Come Out) Here!"

"Old Guy's N*tsack Can Be Seen HERE!"

You get the picture.

Have a good weekend sister. I certainly will. This weekend, I'm gonna stand around my local Sam's Club and tell all the Cletuses coming out that I ran a marathon ... BUT I NEVER DID!1! Then I'll show them my marathon tattoo! (O, yeah! You KNOW it's on my nizuts!)

Diana said...

As if the post itself wasn't funny enough-the pic at the end, way to put the cherry on the top!
Have a great weekend!

Chloe said...

Why wait for holloween??

Remember the Boardwalk the first weekend in November? All of the wonderful cut ironman bodies everywhere? Well - MTV took it over. And it's full of drunk frat guys. Ugh.

Yeah on the bikini!!! You strut your stuff on south beach!!

JP said...

Great post. You crack me up.

I agree don't wait to wear the costume, I hear there is a drinking contest in your town this weekend you should bust it out.

SC's Adventures said...

As one of those irritating swimmers in the fast lane (I'm a 1:18 for 100m!) I say you'll whip my ass on the bike and run, pre ankle incident!

(I have been swim training since I was 8, 24 years!!!!!!!)

Dave said...

first time or not...I would have told pops to get a new suit bruthaaaa! On the costume side...hahahahhahahahahahahahahahah! On the bikini side...good for you!
on the swim side with really good swimmers..been there with all Boston qualifiers...it sucked...literally, I sucked wind!

girl, you covered to many freaking topics on this one....;-)

Marcy said...

You're INSANE if you don't wear a 'kini! Rock it out Mommacita! F the expensive suits. The best one I ever had was like $15 on a clearance rack HAHA! I'm with you. I hate spending $70-80 on something that doesn't cover even half of my body. Bleck!

I'm puzzled about the Sam's Club chica as well. Maybe if you were buying condoms or something . . .but hey whatevah! LOL

Oz Runner said...

that costume is hilarious...

yeah biggest loser had too much drama again this week...gillian gets on my nerves when she gets all mean with the contestants, I don't blame the cousins for walking out....and, yeah, the nursing puppies guy, that has to be embarassing...

Runner Leana said...

Love the Halloween costume! Yup, the dude nursing puppies is totally running the show, and totally dragging his team down. Love how he's quick to offer everyone else up for elimination besides himself.

Oh dear....that man needs to throw his swimsuit out...

Jo Lynn said...

I'm very surprised you didn't ask the lady at Sam's what she meant by "good job."
I'm glad you're getting a bikini. And not because I'm perverted. ;)

FLATOUT JIM said...

Not to brag, but I can beat that on the swim.

Picture this, Dude wants to be a chick, swimming in my lane in a female swimsuit.

I am thinking, this girl is kinda ugly, then at the wall, I catch a glimpse of THE PACKAGE.

They don't fit well in female swimsuits.

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

Damn woman, you'll have to start charging money or derive revenues from running ads on your site. You have more readers than New York Times.

Dont give the old fart too much trouble. He is trying out a new rudder.

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

I've got the link. The guy at the pool read Flatout Jim's blog and is trying out no. 79 on the Vegan Foodie 100 in the pool...

kristen said...

I love the halloween costume. I just finished writing a paper about that crazy bitch - she needs to be sterilized immediately!

Sorry about the wrinkly balls - yikes.

AKA Alice said...

OMFG..."don't need the full frontal of your sad and withered package but thanks for the offer..."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. You completely made me laugh tonight and YOU MUST try Tar-Jay for the cheap bikini...

Shannon said...

Your blog always delivers....

"Dude showed up to swim on Friday with a bathing suit so threadbare that I saw nizuts. An arse is one thing but ....? I did NOT sign up for that, old man, and don't need the full frontal of your sad and withered package but thanks for the offer..."

I think I've only told two other bloggers how I'm your biggest fan!

joyRuN said...

Awww, girl! You should come hang out at my geriatric community center. Then you get to see all SORTS of droopy tits & shriveled nizuts saying "hello" through swimsuits purchased before I was born.

Word verification = "gnitali".

Apropos.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!