Thursday, March 5, 2009

8000 down, 7000 to go!

8000 in the books baby. Working to hit 15,000 yards for the week. Besides all the 'normal stuff' about swimming a bunch, I am finding my inner 'tard. I swear to you, after a 5am, 4000 yard swim, I turn into a 'tard at ~2:00 in the afternoon. This would be prime time for any meeting or conversation I need to have at work. Lovely, they already think I'm a damn weirdo anyway. Who takes a 1/2 day vacation to ride a bicycle 100 miles?

Shout to my coach, triswami who not ONLY got me up to and through Ironman Florida, he also participated in the Ironman Bucket List activities that included this stop some months ago for some bad ass cheeseburgers. Now, I suppose, I can call him a friend because he doesn't charge me for each email I send...I kid, I kid. I didn't think I needed a coach and figured I could 'do it on my own.' Retrospect - no way, not with the result that I had for being an Ironman virgin at the time. I would have made it, sure, but not like that. Now, I have to suffer with him at swim in his teeny weenie bikini...anything smaller would be a thong. If you see us streaking through your neighborhood in our speedos, please stop to say HI, don't just laugh and point!


Triswami and Missy


Here is a really funny, real live email I received from a friend the other day...

I had to tell someone and you understand snot.

I just sneezed and launched a massive wad of snot into my hair. There is no way to get all of that shit out of there....guess I'll be like the weird kid in school who has boogers on every finger, crust all in the face and hair and her skirt tucked into her underwear.

I was in a meeting when I received this email on my Booberry. Of course, I read it, snorted, only to attract attention to the fact that I was doing something else. I love my friends and I'm so proud and happy to know that I am the one they think of when they blow boogers everywhere. It's great to be loved...and known as someone who understands snot!

13 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

Hot biscuits burgers and steaks? I am soooo hungry at 7:30am.

Shannon said...

Your the kind of girl I can whisper in your ear, "does my breath stink?" Thanks girl!

I wish my decongestant would kick in so I could clear up the snot rolling around in my sinuses.

Dave said...

great job on the swim thing...I am with you on your coworkers thinking your a "half bubble off level". We both fall in that same catagory...go figure.:-)

Diana said...

That's some major swimming!
Love the snot story, but then again, I'm all about phlegm of any kind!

joyRuN said...

Gawd, that's a lot of yardage! I turn into a useless puddle of goo after 12n myself, & I don't even do anything productive until 9a.

Impressive that she snotted all over her hair. Must've been a ginormous sneeze.

Oz Runner said...

that snot story is great, I'll have to share with my grade school age boys...

Jo Lynn said...

Wow, that's a lot of swimming.
Your friend obviously thinks the world of you. ;)

MJ said...

With three kids, I too "understand snot", and what a joy it is....

Nice job on the yardage in the pool. You swim at 5am? I have a hard enough time making it to my masters swim at 6. Must make it hard to watch BL and get up the next morning...

Wes said...

You are setting the bar high for friendship :-)

IronBob (swimming upstream at IMAZ 08) said...

As long as it's snot and not that stuff Ben Stiller put in Cameron Diaz hair in "There's something about Mary". Sure she hasn't been getting some afternoon delight??

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wow! Your coach is a neo-nazi skinhead?

Well, I guess you can't really expect much better when you hang around with the kids with boogers in their hair ...

I kid ... I kid!

Some of my best friends are neo-nazis skinheads with boogers in their ... um .. head-skin ...

Carly said...

LMAO at the snot story.

I wish I could swim like that. I can't even doggie paddle across the pool.

Ryan said...

Swim until your arms fall off...that will keep the boogers off the fingers.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!