- I've never been an athlete, everything I ever tried (group sports) I sucked at.
- I started running after college because my clothing size went to double digits and that was the deal breaker for me.
- I still don't think of myself as an athlete and I have NO idea why. People look at you like you're their hero or you must be retarded if you think Ironman was fun.
- I'm an only child.
- My mom was an only child.
- My mom was my very best friend.
- I've had a dog my entire life - even a house dog in college.
- I have bonding in my front teeth to cover the huge gap...I look like David Letterman without it.
- I think you should ask someone a question if you want to know something rather than stare - I asked a girl what happened to her leg at a race once since she was running with a prothstetic, for example. And I still want to know how a person with one leg swims?
- My birthday is on Veteran's Day which really pissed me off when I turned 16 and the DMV was closed. I've since forgiven them.
- I really, truly enjoy alone time (part of being an only child).
- I think that people with multiple children or brothers and sisters are weird...I just can't even imagine it.
- I went to Catholic School for 12 years...High School was all girls.
- I really don't give a shit what people think of me. I mean, it's good to be liked but I'm not going to kiss your ass for you to be my friend.
- I don't understand organized religion (see #13).
- I showed horses growing up, they're like really big dogs (guess that was my sport).
- I surround myself with people I can be me 100% uncensored. That's a scary bunch!
- I'm in the best shape of my life at 36 and my 30's have been more fun than my 20's.
- My Dad and I still vacation at the same spot in Wyoming that we did as a family when I was growing up....been going to the same place for over 20 years.
- I live in TN and I've never been to the Smokey Mountains OR Dollywood. I really need to do both.
- I got married on a beach in an off the rack $150 dollar dress and Birkenstocks (they were my mom's and she always said - you'll wear those damn ugly things at your wedding, won't you? So I did).
- I hate that Ryan kicks my ass on a bike all the time (here he is getting ready to race cars not bikes, though, still kicks my ass).
- I get ANGRY sleepy, body clock turns off ~10pm ... or sooner and I don't want to talk, I get mean, and I just want to crawl into bed.
- I think Magnus is my mom reincarnated (I'm for SURE going to hell for that one).
- We have game nite at our house and we play, Pass the Pig, Greed, Uno, Yahtzee, Lunch Money, and Rock Band....because we know how to parrrrty.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
The Veggie Challenge and 25 Random Things
Well, the official Vegetarian Challenge for a week is over, kinda. As I've said before, I learned a ton and was really happy with everything. During the Superbowl, I ate three pigs in blanket - does that really count as meat? Lil Smokies (unknown meat parts in a casing of some kind) in a crescent roll and I wasn't even interested. I mean, they tasted good but I could take em or leave em and I left em. Since then, I've been sticking to the veg plan. Put some sushi in front of me and it may be a whole different ball game. Two challenges down...ten to go...
Cutie Dr. PT says I get to run this week. Let's hear it, yah baby!!! I'm sure the term run is relative. As he looks and says, slowly and not a lot of turning, go easy, not too fast, if it hurts, stop. I've waited this long - I'm not going to jack this up, that's for sure. Maybe I'll try it in another day or two so my Garmin can say YOU SUCK. Gee thanks, I know. Now that I've been 'released' to run, I'm scared, I'm scared that I won't know what to do. I know that seems dumb but I haven't run in a month and that's the longest without running in 13 years. Not just that, I don't want to be 'that guy' - you know 'that guy' who looks like he may not make it down the street or you're not sure if that's a walk or run he's trying to do. Yeah, ego, I know, I don't want to be that guy.
Swam ~2000 yards tonite because I was short on time. Ever have those workouts where you wonder if you should have even changed your clothes? I mean a two mile run??? I can do that in heels. A 10 mile bike ride, do I even need a helmet for that? (Yes, I know the answer is YES.) That's how I felt tonite about 'getting all wet.' It was a lot of effort to get to the pool change, swim, shower and get out of there for 2000 yards. I know, I know, the answer, again, is YES. It's worth changing your clothes. By all means, don't jump in with your work stuff on for crying out loud. People already think I'm weird enough!
I've been putting this off and you probably don't even care so feel free to skip it...you won't hurt my feelings.
25 Random Things About Me
So there it is, everything you never wanted to know and truly don't give a shit!!! Tag YOU'RE it!