Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monday = OFF!

Ever have the day where your heart and mind are in the game but your body tells you differently? Well, I've gotten keen on what my body needs or is asking for and my body was asking for NO workout and gin in the form of a martini...a real gin martini, I might add. None of this appletini or chocolatini crap. I made dinner ... vegetarian based for me, throw some chicken on for the big man and we're golden. The arms and legs are cashed from the weekend so I just thought better of it, rest, fall asleep at 8:30 under the guise of 'reading a book.' I'm so transparent, I say that and he just laughs at me. Riiiight!

I have, however, pulled together a workout for ~4000 yard swim for the p.m. and may work on another killer 2 mile run. Seriously, this is just getting dumb...a sprained ankle on 12/31/08 and it's still sore, swollen. I'm totally over it and am just going to work through the pain. If there's no risk of permanent damage then I'm gonna 'move on' - no matter HOW cute Dr. PT is.

Randomness...

Intervention on A&E - USED TO BE a favorite show of mine. It's a total train wreck and makes me feel superior because I don't have to deal with those issues. I guess I've seen them all, I mean how many abused women that have turned into meth heads can one watch (while their children wallow in their own filth)? I'm kinda done, I feel superior enough at this point.

Rock of Love Bus - A train wreck that I still love because those chicks are total skanks and I can NOT believe that there really are people in the world like that...they are either a) delusional to think that Bret Michaels loves them or b) really are dumb and I mean for REAL dumb, not dumb like a fox dumb. Seriously, you pierced your FACE! That is NOT hot, I don't care who you are...unless you're in some African country and if you are, there's a whole lot of other things to be concerned about than face piercings!

Dogs - I love my dogs and I believe that Magnus is my mom reincarnated (not really but they're really, really close). I just heard a jackass on TV talk about his Barkmitzfa. YES, you heard me. I am here to tell you that there is almost anything I won't do for my dogs. They're the best. HOWEVER, you invite me to a dogs birthday party or Barkmitzfa, I WILL kick your ass. The damn dog had on a yamika and all. Isn't that sacrilegious in some kinda way?

C'mon he's such a lover...that's Magnus (I bet you can guess that with everything hanging out there) on the right and Kasha on the left. He's protecting his old girl!

11 comments:

IronBob (spawning?? at IMAZ 08) said...

If the dog has been circumsized... maybe not so stupid????

Diana said...

I'm starting to like my days off more than my days on! :-(

Wes said...

Mmmmm... gin... LOL... I think its OK to run with an injury as long as you don't make it worse, right?

Marcy said...

I saw one Intervention and was like "Yeah I can't watch this again. I am a loser however and watch the program after that which is Paranormal State" Mr McG always has a field day with me on that one :P "Seriously Marcy? Paranormal F*ck33ing State?" HAHHAA

Melanie said...

i still like Intervention. Love the pic of the dogs... beautiful.

LKA said...

I love, love, LOVE the quote in your header!!! I may use it as inspiration for a blog post, if you don't mind, with the proper credit going to you, of course!

LKA said...

Hey, Missy. Thanks for letting me use your line. I'm a huge dog-lover myself and your dogs are beautiful! Have an awesome day!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wow. Magnus is a bit of a skank herself with that pose. Know what? Bret Michaels has seen it all, and if Magnus thinks she's gonna win his love by letting it all swing in the wind like that, Magnus has another think coming.

Bret Michaels won't date cross-species for just anyone.

What else you got, Magnus?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Oops! Seems Magnus is a dude.

Bret Michaels is DEFINITELY not interested in your forrylot now!

What's a "forrylot"? My word verification word - that's what!

Jo Lynn said...

And doggie playdates are STUPID too.

Dave said...

Here's to sleeping under the guise of reading....pour me a Makers Mark and water....

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!