Saturday, February 21, 2009

For everyone that had a rough week at work...



This excerpt is taken from an actual email I received from a friend. I have saved it because it is so damn funny. I busted out laughing at work. Note, she does NOT work with me and her name is withheld to protect the innocent.



OMG - I work with a bunch of accountant f^cktards. I hope when I was an accountant I wasn't as much of an idiotic mother f^cker as these douches are. I asked for verification of an expense and it has turned into an all day 20 email request. If someone had just looked into the GL in the beginning, they would have been able to answer the question in about 5 minutes..... I really want to scream, punch a few of them and chug some hard liquor. I could probably get away with the screaming and liquor because they would just think that I needed mental therapy... I don't know if they would forgive the violence.



While my week wasn't THAT bad, it was rough with a lot of uncertainty. BUT it's all about choices, I can freeze and do nothing or just move on, be as prepared as possible and keep on doing the best that I can. I choose B.


Workout news - It's all about swimming right now with a little cycling and running peppered in for good measure. I will make another attempt at running this weekend. I just hope I am as successful as Wednesday. Maybe I can finally figure out the Garmin I got for Christmas? Dang that thing has lots of buttons and programs and shiz. I saw another post about the little course/race you can set up with the little man that lives inside the Garmin. I must do this...and give him a name???


Up to ~10,000 yards for the week with one more swim to go. Should get to the ~13-14,000 mark for the week. My arms are sore like my legs used to be when I was running all the time. I need to get rubbed on and soon.


Dr. PT news - We have built a pretty good rapport through all of this. Apparently, poor PT guys are dealing with: some athletes, many fat asses that need new knees, old people learning to walk again and workman's comp claims. When they see one of us coming, it's like a little party. They're excited. Here's our last conversation where I think he laughed so hard he hit the ground...



What are you doing? As I'm stretching my shoulders and upper back - I'm there for an ankle and a knee.

All that swimming has me all tight in my upper back, just trying to work it out.

Lay on your side, cross your arms like this. I do this.

Ready?

Yep, ready. Pop, pop, pop - all the way down my back. I think I saw angels fly out of his butt.

Did that release anything?

Didn't you hear it? I think I'm high right now.

Good. He continues to poke around my back a little.

Ouch, what's that?

That's your something something (Insert Latin word here) muscle.

Oh really, I didn't know there was a Latin word for back fat.

He had to sit down because he was laughing so hard. My work here is done...

14 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

HAHAHAHAH!! Latin for "back fat"!

Classic! It reminds me (as do all things) of the episode of The Simpsons in which Homer, Lisa and Bart are all falling from a great height and Homer looks at the kids and sez:

"You two know the routine. Try and land on my back-fat."

I call any muscle that is giving me trouble the f*ckwad muscle because IT'S BEING A REAL F*CKWAD!!1!

But that's the only Latin I know.

Love that picture, too!

Johnny Vu said...

LOL!!! I was laughing so hard I work up the girlfriend... I hate laten... I love the email piece... there are days I felt that way when I was in an office, and had to call down to operations to get answers...

Where do i get a shirt like that?

Jo Lynn said...

LOLOL
"B" is a very good choice!!

Melanie said...

LOL, love that pic. Awesome job on the swimming!! enjoy the wknd.

Chloe said...

I think we all can relate to your friend! Love it. That is the best way to get it out - by shooting out e-mails to your freinds (NOT COWORKERS!)I feel as though I'm my most creative when I'm pissed and my e-mail really reflect that. :)

Holy swim! That's a ton of yardage! Congrats! Do you feel like your swim is improving?

I need to find a dr that has angles flying out of his ass!

Happy training!! CHLOE

Shannon said...

LOL...back fat! I'll have to remember that one.....

Diana said...

God I needed to laugh really hard...thanks!
What's it like to be able to workout?? I miss it already.

Jill said...

Tell me about it...I know how your friend feels. Somedays, I want to bite my arms off...they wear me out too. Ugh. When God invented accountants...he gave them lots of brains but ZERO personality.

Oh...that back pop sounded lovely...I actually miss my PT days...

Carly said...

LMAO...I swear I sent an email exactly like that.

As far as the back cracking....ahhhhhh I know the high you are a talking about. I think I need this dude's name.

Holly Jane said...

LOL.. hilarious! Missy you are a rockstar in the pool. I will trade you my 1:45 for just HALF of your swimming ability!!!

Marcy said...

HAHHAHAAAAA You're such a riot chica! I would LOVE you if I were in the PT biz ;-)

Michele said...

Garmin Guy is easy...go to workouts, quick, then enter what you want. I usually do pace and distance. Then the race is on. Garmin guy's name changes depending on if he beats me or not.

FLATOUT JIM said...

You certainly have the market on bringing out a smile.

I think I'll solve the puzzle Pat!!!

Wes said...

Everybody has been full of it today! Great post :-)

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!