Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A sprained ankle...the best thing that could have happened to me?!?!

What, are you kidding me!?! Kind of yes and kind of no...see I love me some swimming but I really rely on my legs a ton. Too much. I can kick the hell out of that water. HOWEVER, my sprained ankle is forcing me to pull more, stronger, bigger, badder, faster. I was able to hold an interval tonite that I haven't seen in a couple of months so I'm totally geeked...yeah, I know, I'm a geek too.

I seriously need to go to the largest swimming pool in the world, look at this place? Are you kidding me?




Random thoughts in no particular order...

  • Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels is the most trashtastic show I have EVER seen. Strippers calling each other trashy and low rent, exccccellent.
  • I'm totally addicted to the Biggest Loser and any other show where people lose tons of weight. Jerry and Dan just fell below the yellow line, the two greatest contestants. I just can't look away....like Half Ton Teen and Half Ton Dad.
  • Family Guy is the most irreverent show on television. I love it!
  • 5K is 3.1 miles...that might be short on land but that's a damn long way in the water. What the hell am I thinking?!?

7 comments:

untpawgal02 said...

You'll work up to swimming that 5k and will do wonderful :)

Jo Lynn said...

3.1 miles is a boat load of laps, but you'll do it!

Chloe said...

Yes - I agree with every single random though! Rock of Love Bus is kind of like a car crash. You know it's bad, but you can't look away!! And I can't STAND that silver team lady. Bob is going to rip her a new one next week. And I have a feeling her partner is going to rip her a new one as well! I just about cried when grandpa and the orange kid where under the yellow line - but grandpa is looking good now!

Marcy said...

Where the heck is that pool?!? Dang!

Anyway, I think I need to start watching Rock Of Love. That show sounds right up my alley HAHA

Wes said...

Nothing like a sprained ankle to build up those lats in the pool :-) Good for you!

I love biggest loser too, but I don't usually pick up on it until late in the season.

If you are gonna take a road trip to that pool, lemme know!! We could do 2.4 miles in a down and back!! ROFL...

Nikemom said...

I need to start watching this "Biggest Loser" everybody is blogging about. I'm thinking I'm missing out. :D

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

You, my dear, are hilarious! Took the words right out of my mouth. Rock of Love? Biggest Looser?? Absolutleley! Oh - and that pool is spectacular. No sharks, nothing that will eat you... I would consider OW swimming in it! Ha! Feel better soon!

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!