Saturday, January 24, 2009

Next challenge for 2009...

Riding - half check - once a week, hardly worth it BUT it is an ass kicking ride so...I change that to a check

Swimming - three-four times a week - two checks

Weights/Abs - three times a week - check

PT and standing on one leg exercises - three times a week...and costs the most, WTF?

So there it is, I'm feel totally lame-o. Swimming yardage hasn't been huge since I'm not kicking yet. All sets (for me) are just pulling and by the end of 2500-3000 my arms are shot and I have to get out or I'll sink. Cycling is good and I WILL do more of it this week, got the go ahead from Mr. PT. Running, still no running.


This is not my dog but I bet this will be me at the end of next week....as I work through my next challenge for 2009....


On to the next challenge for 2009 - it was #1 on the list, go vegetarian for one week. I have spent at least four hours on trying to figure this thing out. I haven't even started the challenge (to commence tomorrow) and it's pretty confusing for a non-vegetarian, like myself. I'm mostly concerned with protein sources, how to get em, how not to just eat a damn salad everyday and how am I going to pass up the smell of delicious bacon, mmmm, bacon. Anyway, did you know there's like a gazillion kinds of tofu? Baked, firm, extra firm, soft, seasoned, blah, blah, blah. I'm figuring this is going to be a good source of protein for this next week. There's only so many damn nuts I can eat. I'm not going for the full monty, er, vegan. I will use eggs, milk and cheese. I felt really great when I did my 5 a day challenge but have been a total schmuck on getting it to stick. If nothing else, I'll learn some new veggie recipes to supplement future meals.


DA moment of the week....Excel Swim 5am, leaving house at 445, driving down the interstate and feel the need to spit (head cold, won't give you the loogey details, OK I just did). I'm thinking that I really perfected my spitting skills this last year on the bike, how hard can this be. Apparently, very hard. Riding and spitting at 19mph not the same as driving and spitting at 75 mph, the wind up, the spit, bam, right down the door of my car. Damn it all to hell, it's freezing out and I don't want looge frozen on the car sooo, I wipe it off. No problem. BUT THEN, I'm walking out after swim, dressed for work, make up on, hair did, and I wind up and spit again (YES, headcold is rolling). Did you know this is not really an acceptable habit in our culture? Yeah, I do too but I wasn't even thinking about it. On a bike, on a run, snot rockets are perfectly acceptable, NOT when your dressed for work. Beware of the spitting lady leaving the pool, apologies to my unsuspecting victims.

7 comments:

IronBob (spawning?? at IMAZ 08) said...

HUMMMM.... Sure glad that I read this one....NOT. Don't they have a loogie contest somewhere in Tennessee?? I need to ask my Nashvillian wife, she has kin in Franklin that might know.. I will get back to you. With any luck it will be when you are at the pinnacle of your loogidom.

Run Mommy said...

As a person that is vegetarian 90% of the time, it is OK to be MOSTLY veg...who makes the rules :). I look forward to reading more of your posts - I admire the Ironwomen!

triguyjt said...

I love my lentils... great protein... of course pinto and black beans....
can you have eggs???

I like to get Crimson Lentils..they are little sized jobbers and they cook up in 5 minutes.....

good luck with all your loogey-launching

untpawgal02 said...

Good challenges to meet... can't wait to see how it all goes down!

Diana said...

LOVE the snot rocket comments, I too have perfected this winter during the cold outside runs, the stuff just tends to run and run and run! For out the car....spit forward and outward...that should help avoid hitting the door!

Chloe said...

Just wanted to let you know - Rock of Love is on right now. The NEW episode! It's a good one. Get excited.

Check out the FEB Self. There is a very good vegetarian article - with lot's of helpful tips. The Spiced Lental Tacos look AMAZING. Watch out for the amount to Tofu you eat. Might have a few emergency bathroom stops.

Jo Lynn said...

"Morning Star" makes tons of meatless items (bacon, sausage, 'chicken' nuggets, 'burgers', etc.) They are a great source of protein, low fat and low calorie. Any questions, let me know. I can help you out.

IronMissy - it's official!

IronMissy - it's official!
A vision in green!